Oil filter...Name brand vs generic

Quantum_Ape

I personally stay away from Fram on any engine i care about. I use K&N oil filters due to there high quality valve and low flow restriction. The bolt is great for torquing, saftywireing, and removing. I change my oil filter every time i change my oil. I also change my oil when i should and most times sooner.

I also recommend K&N air filters. If your running fuel injection its a good choice for high flow. If carbs, be ready to rejet. If your running anything offroad, i wouldn't use any other air filter. I tortured many a vehicle, dirtbike, 4 wheeler, with K&N in extremely dusty, dirty conditions and it performed beautifully. They are also a great filter to run naked, (without an air box) especially if they are in direct line of fire of debris.

Wink

Been using OEM since I started, no value in extended life since they get changes out every 2-3 weekends anyway. I use the wiring as above for the clamp, and the wiring is such that I can remove the clamp, insert new filter, tighten the clamp, no need to rewire it as long as I turn the clamp so that the wire is pulling the filter tighter. Then I tighten down the clamp.

Easy as pie.

gkotlin

The K&N filters have the drilled nut on them which also allows you torque them without needing an oil filter wrench.