Ok i'm confused damnit!!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Step away from the keyboard and relax. Looking at the "Track Dates" field will drive you absolutely MAD.

All dates posted under "Track Dates" were explicitely listed as TENTATIVE by Mr. DJ.

There are still contracts with tracks that are unsigned. Maybe March is in the mix...maybe not. We'll know soon enough.

We'll all be fine..we'll all get enough track time.

Go into the garage and safety wire your oil plug, filter and filler cap..maybe the radiator cover, too.

Drink some beer, spend some QT with the wife and kids.

D-Zum

Have you had the Black & Tan?

Pitzer's in love with the Porter..the B&T's just as good..but a bit milder.

The Lager is best on tap at 33 degrees F..then it's like drinking honey almost.

bayboy

First, did I hurt somebodies feelins by postin this? Grown men don't bitch jimgl3, we make concerned enquiries. Second i was trying to see if they had just not updated the calendar here on the site, cause I like to plan shit.

Aaaaaand third............ The Black n Tan is AWESOME!!!

P.S. Damnit!!! "Radiator cap" I knew I forgot somethin!

D-Zum

I don't think you hurt anybody's feelin's..the one I have left is safety wired. :D

It's just funny in a ironic kind of way that you'd post this when DJ said in a posting that all his dates were preliminary, and that he was doing it to hopefully avoid all the "WHEN'S the SCHEDULE COMING OUT?????" posts. It's been worse than being in front of Wal-Mart at opening on Black Friday some years, believe me. DJ even said do NOT make any preliminary plans at this point.

Maybe NESBA and VIR are working towards that March event and when it's finalized..the NESBA calendar will be updated as stated in the light blue box:

"Note: These dates are tentative. Changes will be made as we finalize contracts. Once the schedule is finalized, NESBA will update this notification"

And for the record, I'm not jumping down your throat..so I hope you are not taking it that way.

We all appreciate your enthusiasm...hell, we share it. The happiest day of every year for me is my first event..and the saddest is my last. Happens EVERY year..then there's that Dead Zone we all call the off season between Nov. to March. It sucks..but we learn to cope. Your body, mind, family relationships and budget all get to recover during this down time.

So pay off your credit cards so you can run them up again come Spring!

beac83

D-Zum pretty much has it nailed.

NESBA usually doesn't post dates until after Jan 1, when the contracts are signed and delivered. DJ tried somethign different this year, to try to forestall all the whining.

All it's done is drive me crazy with anticipation :banghead:

COME ON SPRING!!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;166205 wrote:

We all appreciate your enthusiasm...hell, we share it. The happiest day of every year for me is my first event..and the saddest is my last. Happens EVERY year..then there's that Dead Zone we all call the off season between Nov. to March. It sucks..but we learn to cope. Your body, mind, family relationships and budget all get to recover during this down time.

So pay off your credit cards so you can run them up again come Spring!
Truth!!! I don't know how I'd keep up with "budget recovery" if I lived somewhere with year-round riding! LOL! Not to mention, I do need the downtime after being at the track for a couple weekends a month!

And yeah, that Yuengling stuff rocks! In the winter, I prefer something heavier, though. I'm enjoying a Ten Fidy Imperial Stout (Oskar Blues Brewery, Lyons, CO). Very dark, full of body, delicious!

And I tried to drill a nearby bolt so I could wire my radiator cap. Broke a few drill bits and still didn't get it done. I suck at drilling. Oh well. Most everything else is done, thanks to Lenny!

D.Brown

Can't we all just ride? When is next season? Do I have to safetywire my feelings? Can I get a racer discount? Can i ride my TTR 50 on the track with the G group?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Judy the cap is easy to drill as you found out. Run a loop around the overflow and then bring the wire through the cap

jimgl3

feelings, no, just sayin...

it's kind of like if you go post on wera board w/o searching first... dont try that w/o a condom on!

bayboy

I truly understand about not jumpin the gun and cuttin down on the bitchin an moanin. I saw it on the VIR site and was enquirin cause i got some extra money i'm sittin on(if that can even be said in todays economy. lol) and wanted to jump on a spot for the weekend. The off-season sucks!! I feel like i'm wait on my best stock to rise in value cause I got a down low tip. lol

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
slow_honda;166215 wrote: Judy the cap is easy to drill as you found out. Run a loop around the overflow and then bring the wire through the cap
Around the overflow? You mean around the "nipple" on the radiator that the rubber overflow tube is attached to? Jeez, that seems so obvious! :doh: And much easier than what I was attempting. Thanks!

One of the drilled holes on my rear caliper bolt pulled out, needs redrilling. I can't find predrilled bolts for the rear caliper. If I bring my drill and beer to the track next season.....????? Pretty please? Haha, I know you'll help, you've offered safety wiring seminars, very kind and helpful!!

The only thing I'm good at drilling holes in are my fingers, LOL!! Well, and the bodywork, that went really well for the first time mounting stuff!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
bayboy;166218 wrote: I truly understand about not jumpin the gun and cuttin down on the bitchin an moanin. I saw it on the VIR site and was enquirin cause i got some extra money i'm sittin on(if that can even be said in todays economy. lol) and wanted to jump on a spot for the weekend. The off-season sucks!! I feel like i'm wait on my best stock to rise in value cause I got a down low tip. lol
Haha. We all feel the same! Registration probably won't be active yet anyway. It'll get there! But I wanna slap the person who said "patience is a virtue". Screw that!!

D-Zum

OH..and if none of you have already tried this....

A can of Hormel Chili with HOT on the can properly warmed in the microwave with Saltine Crackers and a Yuengling Black and Tan is a MIGHTY tasty treat to enjoy while watching reruns of True Blood on HBO.

Bayboy..if you're sittin' on some reserved track day cash, let it draw interest in your account for now..then when you can..use it to buy some credits to use for the season.

That's better than money in the bank.

D-Zum

Doolicous;166214 wrote: Can't we all just ride? When is next season? Do I have to safetywire my feelings? Can I get a racer discount? Can i ride my TTR 50 on the track with the G group?
Doo-Doo, we all know you ride your TTR50 NEKKED in the pits at VIR.

arhale09

Bayboy, it's true that it's the offseason and it sucks, but if you're dying to get on the track, there are trackdays being ran. I don't want to advertise for other groups or schools or anything, but if you've got the time and the money, you can get on track in Jan and Feb...