Other club track days ?

SHADER

Hey,QUICK ?

Anybody here ride with more than one club?
Like TEAM PRO MOTION ,N.Y. SPORTBIKE CLUB etc.
Or is that like blasphemy and the "R" word.
If so how do you feel they compare to NESBA.

Thanks.
BE SAFE

Motofun352

Control Rider
I've gone out with other trackday organizations, Team Hammer etc. They all have their strong points, weak points. If there was a track I especially wanted to ride or a critical day that was under another organizations control, then I would certainly ride with them. All things being equal (which they never are), NESBA has more positives so I almost always end up here.

dale.b

When I first started trackdays in 2006 I rode with NESBA, STT, and TPM.

In the end I chose a club based on schedule, benefits, and policies. I chose NESBA. And that was before I realized it was run by members who started just like you are starting right now.

JGardy_781

SHADER;49824 wrote: Anybody here ride with more than one club?
Like TEAM PRO MOTION ,N.Y. SPORTBIKE CLUB etc.
Or is that like blasphemy and the "R" word.
If so how do you feel they compare to NESBA.
Not blasphemy at all - you'll find a lot of riders that cross between different trackday orgs, and even a few CRs that instruct with some of the other clubs.

Each org has its high and low points, and each offers a little bit different version of essentially the same experience. Try them all, and see where you fit best. What works well for some of us won't necessarily work as well for you...

nrcooled

I run with TPM and NESBA only. Both are good clubs but I will say that I prefer NESBA but I use TPM to ride certain tracks on dates that fit into my schedule. NESBA gives a bit more track time and also I like the CRs better.

I do like TPM because you can pass the coaches when ever you damn well please in the Red group. You don't have to wait for a point by. This is a good an bad thing. By forcing you to stay behind a CR you can see their lines and get an idea of proper throttle application. Within TPM you just blow by them and be on your merry way.

NESBA FTW!!!

rk97

last year I rode with NESBA, STT, and Fasttrax (they run a small race/TD series primarily at Nelson Ledges). This year, my schedule is shaping up to be 90% NESBA days.

I 'know' a couple of guys online who ride with TPM, but have never actually done one of their events. I also hear good things about Absolute Cycle trackdays, but I'm told they recruit their control riders from NESBA and TPM anyway.

When it comes down to it, track time is track time, and I ride wherever I can.

comparing orgs gets tricky. NESBA was the first club I ever rode with, so they are my basis for comparison. In that respect, I suppose I'll always prefer NESBA over other orgs. For me it's a lot like reading a book, and then seeing the movie version with someone who hasn't read the book. I leave the theater thinking about all the things the movie got 'wrong.' the person who has never read the book just evaluates the movie on whether it was 'good' or 'bad.' STT does things a lot differently, but if i'd ridden with them first, I might think of NESBA as the org getting things 'wrong.' I still consider both organizations 'good.'

moto italiano

JGardy_781;50065 wrote: Not blasphemy at all - you'll find a lot of riders that cross between different trackday orgs, and even a few CRs that instruct with some of the other clubs.

Each org has its high and low points, and each offers a little bit different version of essentially the same experience. Try them all, and see where you fit best. What works well for some of us won't necessarily work as well for you...
+1

Over the past couple of seasons I've ridden with NESBA, TPM and STT...all a bit different and, for me at least, it really comes down the the schedules. I try to get in as much tracktime as my family will allow;), so it literally comes down to which org is running at which track on which date. When it comes down to it though...any day at the track is better
than a day at work!!

crewnutz

ridden with all 3 and a few others.............NESBA is a stronger community and has better coaches to teach you

TPM is a waste IMO..........they overcharge for trackdays and add charges for every benefit that NESBA gives for free, no wonder they drive that big Semi-truck to events

STT is 2nd best to NESBA with a well run organization however I dont agree with their policy of letting anyone pick what group they feel they should be in..........last day i did with them the Advanced group was filled with riders who should not have been in that group

Bluenvy

i ride with STT a good bit. their prices are better but the feedback is no where near as good as NESBAs also like brandon said the whole pick your group thing kinda sucks

Morph

Control Rider
Bluenvy;50197 wrote: i ride with STT a good bit. their prices are better but the feedback is no where near as good as NESBAs also like brandon said the whole pick your group thing kinda sucks
I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider peaks like rain insurance.

Morph

Control Rider
Bluenvy;50197 wrote: i ride with STT a good bit. their prices are better but the feedback is no where near as good as NESBAs also like brandon said the whole pick your group thing kinda sucks
I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider perks like rain insurance and mech/crash insurance.

Morph

Control Rider
I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider perks like rain insurance and mech/crash insurance.

Bluenvy

Morph;50204 wrote: I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider perks like rain insurance and mech/crash insurance.
yeah i agree with that as well. ill continue to ride with both though

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Morph;50200 wrote: I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider peaks like rain insurance.
Morph;50201 wrote: I think NESBA offers a better value not just a better price. Esp when you consider perks like rain insurance and mech/crash insurance.
Morph;50204 wrote:
what are you trying to say, Morph??? :p

ridelater

there all good, but i like nesba the best. tpm is the closest to them but tpm is alittle money hungry and they change tracks on you, they mix group etc... all without tell you. with that said i will be doing more tpm days this yr b/c it fits my days off this yr.

Katie785

I've ridden with all 3 for the past 3 years. Did my first year with TPM because i didnt know NESBA even existed. I LOVED my first NESBA day at Summit JC.. I tried out STT, was a coach with them.. The whole "choose your own group thing" didn't make me feel so good out there in A - never knew what the guy in front of me was going to do in any situation.

Every club has their ups and downs but I can say that I really love NESBA and that's where I have parked my butt... :)
Like Morph said - you're getting all the benefits for free and the community is very strong. I can't say that I've ever seen anyone not being helped in the pits when they really needed it. I used to have a fear that if I came to the track by myself I wouldn't be able to get the bike out of the truck myself. Drew says I'm crazy for that - someone is always there to help one another out.