Pirelli Diablo Superbike Slick

Relic

Using this for the first time ever; 120/70 and 190/55. What tire pressures are recommended and how long do you use warmers in this weather? Thanks in advance.

Gorilla

Control Rider
32/F 25-27/R Hot on the warmer, I leave them on the warmers all day usually check pressure after 45min.

Gorilla

Control Rider
Yeah, depending on compound, how many laps on the tyre, temp outside, and how much you want the tyre to spin up to finish a turn. I usually start @ 26 hot and go up or down from there.

beevan217

I've never used slicks before either & I'm considering using these. I currently use a 190/55/17 rear Dunlop GPA 211 & I'm curious would it be better to go back to a 180/55/17 rear with these tires or could I use the 190/55/17?? If I can remember correctly there's a distinct difference in tire profile. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gorilla

Control Rider
Pirelli makes a 180/60 rear for a 5.5 wheel that's the tits from what I hear from the 600 guys.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
beevan217;252875 wrote: I've never used slicks before either & I'm considering using these. I currently use a 190/55/17 rear Dunlop GPA 211 & I'm curious would it be better to go back to a 180/55/17 rear with these tires or could I use the 190/55/17?? If I can remember correctly there's a distinct difference in tire profile. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Byron,
I used them for the first time yesterday and I can feel the difference of the tires especially in the front. because it was my first time using them I went with the SC1 on the front and rear, for me I think a SC1 front and SC2 rear is the ticket. Oh BTW the new rubber for the rear is a 200/60/17 not 190/55/17.

Kruizen

Control Rider
had a coach give me this at Beaver for pressures with Pirelli.

[/HTML]ATTACH]2317[/ATTACH]

beevan217

vinny337;253119 wrote: Barron, (fixed it for you lol)
I used them for the first time yesterday and I can feel the difference of the tires especially in the front. because it was my first time using them I went with the SC1 on the front and rear, for me I think a SC1 front and SC2 rear is the ticket. Oh BTW the new rubber for the rear is a 200/60/17 not 190/55/17.
What's up Vinny, were you giving general information on the rear tires or is that the rear tire you are using? Still trying to figure out all those damn letters & colors (SC1, SC2 blue, green, WTF!!!) lol. What is the actual rear tire size & compound are you using bro? Gonna do some research on the codes & colors. Got a damn headache already :doh: ha

I'll be down@njmp 9/14-15. See you then

Gorilla

Control Rider
SC1/Blue = soft SC2/Green = medium. When it's hot run a green front blue rear when it's cold blue front green rear. Green rears will last longer when its hot but don't have the traction of the blues.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
SC1= Blue= Soft
SC2= Green= Medium
SC3= Yellow = Hard

Those are some high pressures you guys are running I run 31/f 24-25/R on the 180/55 R17

j_fuggin_t

depends on the temp but ill run the front from 32-34 & the rear i leave at 27-28

when its hot out i'll run the higher temps and the cooler weather i'll run the lower temps, but it all subject to tire wear for that day

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
beevan217;253787 wrote: What's up Vinny, were you giving general information on the rear tires or is that the rear tire you are using? Still trying to figure out all those damn letters & colors (SC1, SC2 blue, green, WTF!!!) lol. What is the actual rear tire size & compound are you using bro? Gonna do some research on the codes & colors. Got a damn headache already :doh: ha

I'll be down@njmp 9/14-15. See you then
My man, just got back from vacation. Good stuff posted here, the information I received was along the same lines as Gorilla posted. I'm still new with the slicks so we'll get there together :idea: I've only done 2 sessions with them and love'em. My rear is the 200/60/17 and I'm changing from SC1 to SC2 compound. We'll see you on the 15th...

beevan217

vinny337;254061 wrote: My man, just got back from vacation. Good stuff posted here, the information I received was along the same lines as Gorilla posted. I'm still new with the slicks so we'll get there together :idea: I've only done 2 sessions with them and love'em. My rear is the 200/60/17 and I'm changing from SC1 to SC2 compound. We'll see you on the 15th...
Ok cool. Thanks! I think I'll go with a SC1 front & a SC2 rear for starters.... The 15th it is brotha

j_fuggin_t

vinny337;254062 wrote: I've seen a super soft SC0 white super sticky tire.
Those things are crazy sticky, only made in the 200's though (wish they'd make it for 180) that would make a killer sprint race tire lol

The sc1 front wears like iron. I know of a cr that put 1000 track miles on one. The sc2 is a great tire and works well on anything.

leanangler

Control Rider
I've run the 'relli's for 10 years on the ducati and love these things.. Recently been running the Track day Slick with excellent results. I'm getting about 8 days on the front and ~6ish on the rears, depending on how hard I hit it. I run 30-31F and 27-29R Hot pressures and also adjust for ambient temps. A nice trick also is to get a handheld IR thermomter and see what tire temps are on the surface when you come off the track. Have to do this on the pitlane with a friend tho, you'd be amazed and how much temp drops from pit out to your pit area.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
j_fuggin_t;254091 wrote: Those things are crazy sticky, only made in the 200's though (wish they'd make it for 180) that would make a killer sprint race tire lol

The sc1 front wears like iron. I know of a cr that put 1000 track miles on one. The sc2 is a great tire and works well on anything.
J,
I can imagine how sticky they are, I'll give them a shot next year. You're right about the SC1 front I ran them hard yesterday and they still look new! I'm hooked...Why do you perfer the 180 over the 200? just curious

j_fuggin_t

vinny337;254250 wrote: J,
I can imagine how sticky they are, I'll give them a shot next year. You're right about the SC1 front I ran them hard yesterday and they still look new! I'm hooked...Why do you perfer the 180 over the 200? just curious
i like the sharp steering from the 180/55 slick, in dot's i run the 180/60 (talk about heaven on a back wheel :D ) i also like my wheelbase short so i have the back wheel pretty close, so running the 200/55 or 200/60 would get it way too close to the swingarm & chain. when i get a new chain it'll get pushed back some so i can run different gearing, dummy me cut it just a tad to short if i want to run one tooth higher in the rear

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
j_fuggin_t;254287 wrote: i like the sharp steering from the 180/55 slick, in dot's i run the 180/60 (talk about heaven on a back wheel :D ) i also like my wheelbase short so i have the back wheel pretty close, so running the 200/55 or 200/60 would get it way too close to the swingarm & chain. when i get a new chain it'll get pushed back some so i can run different gearing, dummy me cut it just a tad to short if i want to run one tooth higher in the rear
Cool, Thanks J!