Pitt Race 6 18 19 2016!

rhill

IDK about loving the bumps; I hate the ripples in old 7...you can avoid most of them (most of the time) by early apexing, but it also sends you wide on exit and doesn't get drive down the hill onto the back straight. Try to take it wide on someone's outside set up a pass down the hill and you get bounced to the moon. T8 I don't even notice for the most part, unless the exit is way wide, or I'm running 35/45 psi like the last time at PIRC.

Instead of trying to edit the videos, decided to just batch upload them. Seems like more often than not, I have someone in tow/holding someone up, so here are some of the rear videos:

this one doesn't really have much of anyone in it, but I'll include it anyway:

Sunday session with a little editing:

Couple more from the 19th are still uploading. Will probably post up a couple of the front as well.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
IDK about loving the bumps; I hate the ripples in old 7...you can avoid most of them (most of the time) by early apexing, but it also sends you wide on exit and doesn't get drive down the hill onto the back straight. Try to take it wide on someone's outside set up a pass down the hill and you get bounced to the moon. T8 I don't even notice for the most part, unless the exit is way wide, or I'm running 35/45 psi like the last time at PIRC.

There is plenty of run out between old 7 and old 8 to drive almost out to the edge (left of track) and still have time to make it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back right to turn in for 8. Yes that sends you right over the ripples after 8 but the drive you get out of 7 is night and day when done correctly. Every pass I made between old 8 and old 9 started between 6 & 7.

rhill

There is plenty of run out between old 7 and old 8 to drive almost out to the edge (left of track) and still have time to make it 1/2 to 3/4 of the way back right to turn in for 8. Yes that sends you right over the ripples after 8 but the drive you get out of 7 is night and day when done correctly. Every pass I made between old 8 and old 9 started between 6 & 7.

I worded that poorly, but agree driving out to the left edge of old 7's exit is the way to go under the current conditions. But I think a wider entrance, getting more of the turn done early, with a later apex under WOT would increase the drive down the hill, give better positioning for T8 and also increase the top speed on the back straight. I've done it on my 600 when my suspension was set for Nelson Ledges (and the bumps were less) and passed people I would have no chance at in a straight line(trackday so who really knows). With that being said, the line I'd prefer isn't happening under the current track conditions.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Chris (HavocCat), Not sure why, but your videos keep hanging up and buffering like crazy. Other videos seem to have no issues.

mpusch

Micah
Too many fast guys in here.

Here's something to slow things down a bit :D Acting as chase cam for #81 for a bit. Eric's first full day in intermediate after getting the bump Saturday morning. Had to try a bit harder than I expected to pull away from him.

HavocCat

Chris
Chris (HavocCat), Not sure why, but your videos keep hanging up and buffering like crazy. Other videos seem to have no issues.

I'm not sure why. I noticed the same thing. I don't know why this set of videos wants to buffer and hang up alot...

Here's something to slow things down a bit :D Acting as chase cam for #81 for a bit. Eric's first full day in intermediate after getting the bump Saturday morning. Had to try a bit harder than I expected to pull away from him.

We gotta get Raineman to get his damn head and upper body off the bike. Hahahaha, video looks good! :like:

rhill

First day in intermediate? Doubt videos of Eric are "slow" for very long.
Your smooth and clear camera really allows appreciation for just how beautiful the track & facilities are.....along with how awesome the weekend turned out!

mpusch

Micah
I'm not sure why. I noticed the same thing. I don't know why this set of videos wants to buffer and hang up alot...

We gotta get Raineman to get his damn head and upper body off the bike. Hahahaha, video looks good! :like:

Haha. Thanks man. Yeah he's moving!

First day in intermediate? Doubt videos of Eric are "slow" for very long.
Your smooth and clear camera really allows appreciation for just how beautiful the track & facilities are.....along with how awesome the weekend turned out!

For the record, I'm not calling him specifically out as "slow". I was calling both of us out :D He was really, really impressive this weekend. One of the CRs asked him to make sure he was lining up front-left. Was pretty funny to see the look on his face when Eric said it was his first day in intermediate.

Micah, what cam + mount are you using? That's some of the smoothest video I've seen.

Oddly enough, just using the entry level GoPro Hero (the $100 something one) with one of the stock 3M adhesive mounts. One extra arm to rotate it 90 degrees to face forward and that's it. Have it on the bottom of my windscreen (properly safety wired). 720p 60 fps.

raineman021

Eric Raine
He was really, really impressive this weekend. One of the CRs asked him to make sure he was lining up front-left. Was pretty funny to see the look on his face when Eric said it was his first day in intermediate.

Mpusch - Thanks man! & That was too funny. I definitely was not thinking to line up front left immediately after only 3-4 sessions in "I" group, haha.
That was a fun session though that we had in that video you posted :laugh: - I do agree that the video quality and overall "smoothness" of the footage is on point!

Chris - That was the first thing I said too when I watched the film afterwards! Couldn't agree more. I will make sure to work on it next time out. Funny how it feels one way, but looks totally different.