Pitt Race South Track is being repaved!

mpusch

Micah
Was talking about it a couple days ago. I thought two weeks was thrown around, but i wouldn't put much stock in that.

Pittrace is the best :cool:

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I do not believe they are resurfacing the entire south track. There are specific spots where they are working. Not sure exactly which ones.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Um, anything could have changed, but it's very very very very very hard to see the entire south track being repaved when they have Skip Barber on the full track this weekend, a car track night next tuesday, a full track car weekend all next weekend, Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix the full week after that, and then our Endurance race weekend starting the friday after that.... I think there is some wishful thinking going on.....

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Um, anything could have changed, but it's very very very very very hard to see the entire south track being repaved when they have Skip Barber on the full track this weekend, a car track night next tuesday, a full track car weekend all next weekend, Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix the full week after that, and then our Endurance race weekend starting the friday after that.... I think there is some wishful thinking going on.....

I just hope 4-6 are re-paved. That sealer freaks me out driving up that hill.

mvdon

They are doing the whole south track, they milled the old and are laying all new. Skip Barber was canceled and their suppose to be done in time for SCCA track night.
19397042_1267514810012633_5281552860539194969_n.jpg

photosbymarty

Lazy Bum / Retied Photog
Negative on Skip Barber, he filed for bankruptcy and PIRC cancelled his event.

mpusch

Micah
Heard rumors about the chicane, cool to see Wyman giving his two cents. Totally get having to make a change at the kink for the fast guys. Hopefully it doesn't neuter it too much. As someone who is considerably less fast, I love that corner.

tdelegram

Control Rider
So what's the chances of N2/Wera running the chicane? I personally am not doing 150mph at 51 degrees of lean in the high speed kink, but my guess is some of the faster A guys and racers will be in the 140's.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I totally get the safety aspect, but I'll admit I'm a bit sad to hear about the chicane idea. I love that section of the track and make up a ton of ground there...probably because other people have more self preservation than I do. LOL :D