PittRace - North - May 23-24, 2015

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Thanks for the tips everyone.

I was actually going to go generator shopping when I got back from Summit Main back in April, but I ended up having to go bodywork and parts shopping instead. :p

We understand how that goes.

John makes a great point also on the Honda and Yamaha generators. They produce cleaner power, meaning their AC is safer to use to power electronics as well like charging cell phones and lap tops. They're less prone to power spikes which can overload those dainty electronics.

They're just handy to have around the house too for providing a power source out in your yard where sometimes you don't have an outlet like if you have a big yard...or want to use it to host a party and have light at a picnic table, etc.

HavocCat

Chris
More than likely going to go with a Honda or Yamaha. I have personally never seen the Yamaha, but I have used a Honda and was impressed about how quiet they were.

I've also used little Honda Generators with quartz lights on them for hours straight at fire scenes in all kinds of weather and they never missed a beat.

Myers

Control Rider
I have gone down this path....
1 - off brand with a "honda motor" 2200... loud and not reliable...fail
2 - bought a hauler... got a free "storm surge 4500" plenty of power for new hauler set up...paddock wanted to kill me because of how loud it was... LOUD.
2a - spent 150 bucks and build a sounds box with motocyle radiator fans to help cool it.... first hot track day... FA ILE $D
3- home depot ryobi 2000.. nice, worked well... gummed up over winter...fail
4 - 2 ryobi from home depot + combination kit (100 bucks) - last summer one of them gummed up during a friend visit to nj...
4a - bought another ryobi... and the gummed up one is in pieces in my garage ar
t thix time... fail..
5 - this past november... knew we were gonna use the rv for new years eve family trip to nj... bought a honda 3000 with additional wheel kit and zero % financing....
Electric start... easy change oil... added an hour meter and best of all it has electric start.....

I know i am slow.... but look at the money i blew above... only to arrive at the honda 3000 and be happy.

hope i was able to lessen the pain for some others......

Last edited:

Mikey75702

I just hit BJ's for a bunch of chips and a cookie/brownie platter. Couldn't think of much else I was capable of making and bringing.... Would have been nice if the wife was going, she makes food that is eatable, unlike myself :D

Sharkey-Images

EVERYTHING was great this weekend and the food was top shelf !
Photos are being uploaded all week in no particular order...
I will post when all complete. www.sharkey-images.com

p1204537547-4.jpg