Possible Trackday at VIR North Dec 3rd

Godfather

No Vacation! No Sick Time!

steve gould;260841 wrote: Mike,
Start dry heaving into a trash can followed with violent convulsions. Tell TSA you were dont think you're contagious. Next thing you know you will be calling your boss. "I have no clue why those nazis denied me boarding...they said try again Tuesday.
shell015;260845 wrote:
Hell, I thought everyone saved vacation and/or sick days until December and then were forced to "use it or loose it" by Dec 31st. I guess I was wrong with the lack of interest for Monday. I'll have to make a decision by tomorrow evening on booking the track, but it's not looking good right now. Maybe more folks will chime in tomorrow. Spread the word!
I'm the Noobie!

No Vacation and No Sick Time because everyone else is on leave and sick?:mad:

Hell at least I have a JOB!

I've come to the conclusion that I BITCH when I was worried I would be without a job:eek:

And I BITCH because now I have a JOB:D

R/
GDFTHR

ADVRacer

You're killing me!

Damn, I wish I could do this, unfortunately I have a work commitment that I can't get out of. I'm still planning on having a "Mock" trackday at my house though. There will be lots of #$%^ talking, beer drinking and maybe even a fire. We're going to watch trackday videos and tell lies all day. I'll even set up a canopy and put my bike under it for asthetics. The only thing that will be missing is the actual riding.

denbsteph

shell015;260845 wrote: Hell, I thought everyone saved vacation and/or sick days until December and then were forced to "use it or loose it" by Dec 31st. I guess I was wrong with the lack of interest for Monday. I'll have to make a decision by tomorrow evening on booking the track, but it's not looking good right now. Maybe more folks will chime in tomorrow. Spread the word!

Sounds like to me you work for "Big Brother" as well?

shell015

denbsteph;260886 wrote: Sounds like to me you work for "Big Brother" as well?
Use too, but trying to do my own thing these days, which gives me flexibilty because I answer to no one now!

shell015

19 more to go but we're running out of time! Need to do a phone-a-thon in the next 6 hours to get this thing a done deal with 19 more!

shell015

booboo1;260907 wrote: me and couple dudes may do this
Figuring 3 here, plus trkdaywannabe, that's 4 more so I still need 15 more which is a lot further than the 4-5 I had last night at this time. I'm not throwing in the towel yet!

1bad7

I wish I could, but I tried like hell all day to get the powers that be let me off. But sadly they said no.....

shell015

Well, it was worth a shot, but I don't have enough commitments to cover the cost. As mentioned, I knew it was a long shot with short notice, being a Monday, etc. I just hate seeing such a beautiful forecasted day go to waist! Oh well....I may look at doing something like this in the spring with much more advanced notice.

With that being said, I do know of a private trackday at Roebling with former racer, Nate Kerns, on Dec 10 (a Monday too!) and have connections with getting my fellow NESBAian's in on that day for $200. If you're interested, send me an email bill(at)billshell.com and I'll provide details. I'll be signing up for that one to get my trackday fix!

Thanks for trying Bill. I mentioned it to 4 others, two seemed really into it....but none would 'man up' and commit. I appreciate your efforts.

shell015

A longer notice would definitely have been better for all. I'm looking at doing something similar maybe in mid-March. If it comes together, I'll make an announcement by the first of Feb!

I've got some updated info on Roebling and it's $180 if you sign up outside of 7 days (I'm thinking by this Sunday to be safe) or $200 if you sign up afterwards. Got this info from them:

Bill,

There will be 3 groups: Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced. You will be able to camp at the track. The cost is $180 for the day, $200 if it's within 7 days of the event. We prefer PayPal, and as you mentioned send it as "Personal" and not "Purchase" to avoid the fees. You would send it to this email address: KernTrackDays@gmail.com .

Also, make sure everyone notes which group they want to ride in when they send the payments.
Kern Next Level Track Days
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Kern-Private-Track-Days/77343295078
PayPal: KernTrackDays@gmail.com

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
The way the weather is today and tomorrow you couldn't have chose better days for a December event, any vids?

shell015

vinny337;261052 wrote: The way the weather is today and tomorrow you couldn't have chose better days for a December event, any vids?
The VIR North Day didn't happen with the lack of interest. The Roebling TD with Nate Kern is next Monday, Dec 10th. I'm heading that way to get my fix then! I should have some vids from there and will post up in the Roebling thread I started.

booboo1

I have done a couple of Nates days. They are good. Lots of track time. Never crowded. They have small groups and low key. may have to try this one.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
shell015;261057 wrote: The VIR North Day didn't happen with the lack of interest. The Roebling TD with Nate Kern is next Monday, Dec 10th. I'm heading that way to get my fix then! I should have some vids from there and will post up in the Roebling thread I started.
Good stuff, you guys have fun out there...

zangman

shell015;261057 wrote: The VIR North Day didn't happen with the lack of interest. The Roebling TD with Nate Kern is next Monday, Dec 10th. I'm heading that way to get my fix then! I should have some vids from there and will post up in the Roebling thread I started.
Will be there with you. DON'T run any video. I don't need any more evidence as to how slow I am.