Prepping for my first season. From East TN.

Lean.In.

Ive been kind of a lurker I guess for a little while now. Im currently prepping for my first track season to start next spring. Sold my street bike, bought a track bike (currently in tear down), just ordered my RS Taichi suit and gloves but the suit wont be here for a couple months as they have to make it (custom sizing....im tall and skinny..haha). Still need boots and a helmet and some parts for the bike, but Im taking it slow since I have all winter to get ready. I loved to ride on the road and went up to Deals Gap and other twisties around here (I live off Hwy 129), but I cant get over the fact that I want to go faster and its just not safe doing it on the road. So I sold my street bike (06 CBR600RR) and got this....06 GSXR 600...

The night I got it home...
P1000028.jpg

Its current state...
IMG00284-20101022-2249.jpg

IMG00282-20101022-1828.jpg

Anyway, Im Otto, glad to be here...hope I can learn some stuff. Cant wait for the spring.

Hambone

From those pics the bike looks fine. What's the question? If you have personal protection (ie. suit, gloves, boots, helmet) and the bike looks good and is in good shape, you should be good.

S3aturnR

you are about to embark on the most fun you can have with your clothes on. looks like you're off to a great start as well...

s3aturnr

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
bye bye cash.....hello plastic......you and capital one are going to be realllllly friendly

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Great decision to take it to the track to go faster, much safer than the street! Sounds like you're getting set up with good gear, etc.

Welcome to the addiction. One question (search my threads for background): How often do you practice full on stopping? Make sure you know how to manage your right hand fingers as well as your right hand wrist. Or Mr. Lemon will have proved true LOL

Lean.In.

Hambone;159387 wrote: From those pics the bike looks fine. What's the question? If you have personal protection (ie. suit, gloves, boots, helmet) and the bike looks good and is in good shape, you should be good.
Did I ask a question?? I was just showing what Im doing...no questions. Just an intro.

Im ready to spend the money..Ive got a decent budget set up.

And on full stops, I have actually practiced them quite a bit. Progressive application is the key.

Thanks to all for the comments...if anyone is in TN, maybe we can meet up on the way to trackdays next season or something. Looking forward to it!

Hambone

Sorry. From you title line it looked like you were asking what you needed. My mistake. That bike looks fantastic from the pics. I wish my bike looked like that.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Lean.In.;159417 wrote: ..Ive got a decent budget set up.
Hahahhahahahahahahahha..... Everyone thinks that at first.:D

Welcome. You will always remember that first time on the track.

booboo1

I'm in the same boat. Just picked up my first track bike. Can't wait to start the winter projects. Love it

Lean.In.

Hambone;159442 wrote: Sorry. From you title line it looked like you were asking what you needed. My mistake. That bike looks fantastic from the pics. I wish my bike looked like that.
No worries man...thanks.

Thanks everyone...how does everyone survive winter? Ive never even done a track day but I can hardly stand the wait!

jas0336

Lean.In.;159555 wrote: No worries man...thanks.

Thanks everyone...how does everyone survive winter? Ive never even done a track day but I can hardly stand the wait!
For those close enough, we drive to Jennings for our track fix. When that isn't possible, we work on/improve our bikes and try to avoid talking with anyone until spring as it will undoubtedly end up with us yelling at them....we all get a little edgy through the cold months :argh:

Welcome to NESBA...hope to see you out there.
Sorry about your credit cards :doh:

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome Otto. It sounds like you are going to fit in just fine. Really pleased to see that you took your thirst for speed off the street and into the perfect sport for it. Spend that budget on training and quality gear!

See you out there!

flynlow69

nice ride! i wish a few folks would do a "what i'm working on". it'd be cool to see instructions and photos.

amsel17

Welcome Otto! I'm from East TN too. I just did my first track day at Barber yesterday. Everything you've heard is true. Its like CRACK! But I'm not trying to sell you sounds like you've already drank the kool-aid. See you at the track!

Lean.In.

I WONT use credit cards to fund this...cash or nothing..ha. But before I even started I knew it would be expensive. Its as they say: If you have to ask how much it costs, you cant afford it. And I aint askin.

Avispls, it was on the bike when I bought it. I may or may not change it depending on if I get around to it but its pretty low on the priority list...ha. If I ever track up north or see you around, Ill be glad to tape it into a different number!

Amsel17, I see your post says you are currently in AL but you say your from East TN correct? What part?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Lean.In.

oh sweet man, Im a pilot myself, although Im not current. and I just have a Private Cert. But I am also a jet engine mechanic and work in Maryville right now.