Proud Pops Moment

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
So yeah..I gush on my kid a lot. He's a good kid. Wait...he's a GREAT kid!

Yeah..that's more appropriate.

So every time we've been to NJMP for the MotoAmerica weekends they have the MiniGP demo.
Alex is GLUED to watching them, I mean SUPER GLUE type stuck to that area watching the kids.

So I asked him, since he has a 50 if he wanted to do it, and he said, "Uh..Huh!" The training wheels came
off in January and we did some dirt riding this past winter and summer. He's become a pretty good little rider in a short time. So, I felt like he was ready to get some experience and coaching to make him hopefully a smarter, safer rider and get him on a solid foundation.

NJ MiniGP had a camp this weekend. It's been my target to have his gear and bike ready for this. He's been my "Crew Chief" for the last 3 or 4 years. Always helping me with stands, gas, gloves, helmet, tire warmers, etc. So this past weekend I was his crew chief for the class.

He went from never riding on pavement to a mock race in 48 hours. Ryan and Nathan run a GREAT program in their camp. I'm so proud of my little guy after this weekend I can't stand it.

We will be returning next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=VHDMy6XC9ZA

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
That's so awesome! Soon enough we'll be trying to keep up with him

CBRtist

Ahh.. you beat me to it. So glad we talked and you finally got him out there. Wish so many more would come check it out... you don't have to be a kid... just a kid at heart! Lots of classes for biddy bikes and boy do we have fun!!!!! Hope to see you out there too riding in one of the classes with us!!!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Nice. I know how awesome it is to see your kid enjoying the same things we do. What's that poster "Teach your kids the love of motorcycles and they'll never have money for drugs." I'm counting on it.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Thats so awesome.

Now it's just counting down the days til he's on a big bike and he's faster than you are!

CBRtist

Dzum... did you get this video from Scott? I should have tracked Ria's down (mine was worthless post-crash of course lol)