putnam

Trent1098S

rk97;114782 wrote: ^ good thing you've got the world's fastest production street bike for commuting ;)
Yeah I stretched the legs a bit today.. normally work commutes are boring.. but today .. I broke out the leathers. :)

RandyO;115033 wrote:
what he do? dump the Foreman grill? got a Busa? geez talk about turning from the dark side...
OOOOOH HAHAHAHA REEEAAAAL FUNNY.

My fluid resevior covers read "BUSA"/"KILLA" for a reason. Had them custom made.

Speaking of bits.... do I have to take off all the chrome spikes on my bike to pass tech? :)

Wink

Welcome to the track, hope to se you at Putnam as well. It is one of my favorite tracks for learning!

What a fun track!

RandyO

Trent1098S;115062 wrote: Yeah I stretched the legs a bit today.. normally work commutes are boring.. but today .. I broke out the leathers. :)

OOOOOH HAHAHAHA REEEAAAAL FUNNY.

My fluid resevior covers read "BUSA"/"KILLA" for a reason. Had them custom made.

Speaking of bits.... do I have to take off all the chrome spikes on my bike to pass tech? :)
you threw the gauntlet... bring that burger grill on out... lessee how she does against a Busa with a rookie at the bars... :wow: Don't forget your camera...

Trent1098S

RandyO;115809 wrote: you threw the gauntlet... bring that burger grill on out... lessee how she does against a Busa with a rookie at the bars... :wow: Don't forget your camera...
Randy,

My work schedule got shifted. Was supposed to start on this implementation in Ohio on April 5th, but it got pushed back to April 19th. So I'll be able to ride Blackhawk Farms, but definately not Road America. Putnam is up in the air, depends on when I get finished out in Ohio and how smoothly things go.

I've already paid up for Road America, Blackhawk, and Putnam in June, so I'm sure we'll get a chance to roll together sometime this year.

Oh.. And yeah.. I'll shoot video.. front and rear. :popcorn:

RandyO

There was a 14 at Putnam last year... We were both in "B" at the time and I got 2 laps on him... Dont think that thing was built to go around corners quite as good as the Duc.. :)

Would like to try BHF but not sure I can work it into track day budget yet... :(

liteitup

Ill definitely be there sat and sun. Bringing two friends along that are new to this addiction too! First trackday on the 1000rr? Take extra care of that right hand twisting motion :) Cant say a whole lot I guess cause I started on my 954. Good luck! Just remember to have fun. One thing that I did, actually still doing a bit, was to just go out there and go fast as you can. But thats when you can get over your head real quick. Anyhow, stop by and say whats up!

sevenstarscbr

Thanks for the post, ill keep your advice im mind. The cbr im on is like no other, i got rid of the under tail pipe and went to custom low mount side exit that droped 13 lbs off the rear!. Along with many
other mods. I see you started on a 954,what are you on now?

liteitup

Sounds good. You won't have to worry about power of your bike or weight ratio or anything other than good tires really. Actually I'm still on my 954! I love this bike. The thought of getting a 600rr keeps crossing my mind but the $ is the problem. So for now I'll have to stick with what I have.

Trent1098S

RandyO;116985 wrote: There was a 14 at Putnam last year... We were both in "B" at the time and I got 2 laps on him... Dont think that thing was built to go around corners quite as good as the Duc.. :)

Would like to try BHF but not sure I can work it into track day budget yet... :(
I would never, in a million years, consider bringing the ZX-14 to Blackhawk. That's simply a disaster that's found a place to happen. Blackhawk is far too tight, too technical, and WAY too unforgiving to bring a big bike to. It's a point & shoot track, and the shooting is WAY too short to begin to stretch the legs on the big bikes.

Having ridden a bike roughly equivalent to yours in power, size, and handling capability, I'd really, truly, and very strongly advise against running the busa at Blackhawk.

If you work Blackhawk in to your budget, and I can make it that weekend, I'll loan you a literbike to ride around because I don't want to see how things would turn out if I didn't.

Putnam is a whole different ballgame, totally flowing, tons of grip, and it doesn't get much safer than that track. But I'd recommend thinking things over thoroughly before running the 'Busa at Blackhawk. I don't doubt for one minute that you are responsible and will ride within your limits, but I've found that Blackhawk has a way of reaching out and biting even the most responsible riders when they least expect it.