Richmond VA area track day riders?

^I'm making my pilgrimage to the Gap June 20-23, to coincide with a trip my wife is taking to OBX with kids and friends. I'm up for local rides and general bike-sniffing too.

swharder;179775 wrote:
Here's some more food for thought. We have a ride planned for the Tail of the Dragon and the Diamondback Loop, leaving Richmond on May 19th returning the 22nd. So far we have over 20 riders signed up. I'm the only one riding a sportbike though.... Check out the blog. http://harleyrides.wordpress.com/
Neat blog. May I suggest Hunt's Lodge in Tellico Plains near the Dragon? Nice folks, very bike oriented and part of the "maggot" network. Don't forget to do the Cherohola Skyway down there.

Most likely hitting some WV roadage some time this summer too. Just trying to find time and money for all this two-wheel wonderment.

swharder

There is sooo many good rides on the way or near the Dragon that's for sure! Not sure if you can ever hit them all. I mapped each day out, avoiding all highways, and it's about 8 hours riding time each day just to cover about 250 miles of twisties each day! We're setting up camp for two days at a place called The Switzerland Inn just off the Blue Ridge west of Ashville.

Rydell;179817 wrote: Does a restricted license apply to other states? :notsure:
^Hardcore, bro, hardcore. Just finished my classroom day to avoid a 4-pointer. Hope Lib.Mutual isn't sniffing my forum posts!:wow:

Burnall4

I am a fellow Richmonder, Fan area...more than likely moving to DC area though.

Im on the other side of the world at th moment but I will be home this summer, so i will be able to ride the last part of the season. After almost 1.5 years of not ridding on the track this is going to be fun. :doh:

I will be the one with lemondrop, I am the annoying red head :notsure:

Rydell

Burnall4;184010 wrote: I will be the one with lemondrop, I am the annoying red head :notsure:
We'll call him........... Hot Tamale.

drevild.jpg

misfit

Not in Richmond but not terribly far. Live by Tysons Corner close to McLean, VA. Work on Dupont Circle in DC. Hope to meet some of you all soon!

I miss hitting the "Zoo Bar" (the stratford grille) across from the entrance to the National Zoo. I think Burke Lake Rd is a good piece of road. Are there any "bike-ins" up there? Second Sunday here at Poes Pub is cool. Wednesday nights at Quaker Steak and Lube. Etc...

Doing June 11th and 12 and July 2nd and 3rd VIR.

Look for the big dually with train horns topside. If you don't see me you'll definitely hear me.

1bad7

There's quite a few of us from this area signed up for either the 11th or the 11th and 12th. Stop by and say hi, I'll have the big White Ram Megacab and silver trailer....

hooligan998

Just ran across this thread. I'm signed up for Patriot at VIR for July 16th. Any one else attending?

Also would love to hookup for some local rides. Free on weekends as long as I have about a weeks advance notice.

JerryC

We were at Quarker Steak Wednesday(6-16) there was an "A" class NESBA bike there. I had my X1 and Lynda had her XB.

hooligan998

daddyfriedrich;195869 wrote: I might do Patriot on the 16th. That's a Saturday, so definitely a possibility. Sign up for North too. What a great track!
Cool. I will take a look at what is coming up after the 16th. I may be able to pull off another track day this year. I'm already so amped about this trackday, I can see how easy it is to become a junkie, and I haven't even ridden yet!