Richmond VA Roll Call

Fire929

Nice meeting everyone and the burger was great for a 1.50.

Good to have a bunch of local track riders around.

Ruhe52

Lemondrop I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying somethin' like that at the construction site!!!

Now I have to go find my stapler and get my TPS reports in.

D-Swens

Sorry I didn't make it fellas...

I forgot that I had to take my dog to the vet and remembered about the appointment last minute...

If you guys had so much fun that you want to do another one post on up, otherwise see you at the track!

minman26

D-Swens;38447 wrote: If you guys had so much fun that you want to do another one post on up, otherwise see you at the track!
We had a good time. It is nice to have a good core of local guys. Get with Lemondrop regarding his Google calendar that shows what track dates we have signed up for.

I think we would all welcome another meeting at some point. Feel free to throw an idea out there! I believe some of us are going to try and make it to the drag strip for some seat time until the season.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
i sent that notice out to everyone who replied to this thread....the forum only allows me to send out to 5 people at a time.....hence, if you are one of suspicious eye, you may have noticed that the pm only had a few names on it......

sorry for any confusion...

also, anyone who logs onto the calendar has access to invite others

minman26

Also make sure when posting on the calendar that you post under "Richmond Trackdays" ... i originally had mine on a personal calendar. At least I think that's what you need to do, I'm new to Google Calendar.

onepointone

It was good to meet you guys last night. I haven't sat down and talked riding in a good while.

We should definitely do it again.

minman26

onepointone;38497 wrote: It was good to meet you guys last night. I haven't sat down and talked riding in a good while.

We should definitely do it again.
Completely agree. One can only talk to the GF so much about HP, exhaust, suspension, tires, and racing technique!

"See how late Rossi brakes into that corner..."
"Can we put Grey's Anatomy back on?"

lemondrop

thats why Windows Media Center is awesome...

When's Grey's on?

- OK...i am going over on the computer

Fire929

Lemon thanks again for bringing the back protector. I ordered one today and I'll let you know when it comes in if you want to try a large.

lemondrop

you bet ya...let me know.....though i just put the box to the other one out to recycling....

note to self: remove box from recycling in the morning

onepointone

In case anyone is interested, I think lemondrop and myself are going to try to make it too the dragstrip on Saturday, March 7th at VMP in Dinwiddie. Turns out both of us recently purchased new-to-us bikes and want to get a little seat time on them before going to the real track.

Maybe this can be the next get together?

lemondrop

onepointone;38710 wrote: In case anyone is interested, I think minman26 and myself are going to try to make it too the dragstrip on Saturday, March 7th at VMP in Dinwiddie. Turns out both of us recently purchased new-to-us bikes and want to get a little seat time on them before going to the real track.

Maybe this can be the next get together?
fixed it for ya....i hate going fast in a straight line:banghead:....hence why i moved outta florida:p:p

though i wont mind throw'n a leg over this beast and see if i could flip it
KawasakiGadson400w.JPG

onepointone

lemondrop;38723 wrote: fixed it for ya....i hate going fast in a straight line:banghead:....hence why i moved outta florida:p:p

though i wont mind throw'n a leg over this beast and see if i could flip it
KawasakiGadson400w.JPG
Ah, sorry for mixing you guys up.

Straight line really isn't my thing either, but its better than nothing. Being that I haven't really railed into a 1000 before, I want to take it out there so I can get an idea on the powerband the thing has.

minman26

As long as I am in town (and can find a way to get my bike down there) I am going. 90% at this point. Would be great to get a group down there. I'm hoping to break 15 seconds! I'll be honest, if I can find a big parking lot to tool around in I'll be just as happy.

Fire929

I won't be able to make the trip to the strip but if you go make sure to post up how it went.

I also put another 2 day event up on the calendar in April so if anyone wants a lift I should have an extra spot in the trailer. I found a good deal on some used strapless stands so I picked them up. They came with the pin for late model Suzuki's so if that's what you're riding you're all set. If you have another brand you can get the pin for it for around 50 bucks from http://www.ststands.com/main.cfm. The stands are nice because they don't compress the suspension at all during transport.

Lemon I also got the back protector in if you want to try it out.