Richmond VA Roll Call

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
was just talking to burnall4 about that last night....what are you up to friday?? may swing by in the afternoon

Fire929

I'll be at work all day Friday and then I'm going to NJ for the weekend. I can try to catch up with you next week.

lemondrop

if anyone knows of anyone else in the Richmond area..feel free to get their email address and add them to the sharing....because sharing means caring :p

minman26

I am still hoping to go to the strip tomorrow... just need a lift if possible. Or a truck if someone is selling for $1000-2000.

LD, get me some pictures of your work's truck. I can't find on craigslist.

onepointone

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it to the strip. I had something come up and I need to run to my grandparents house tomorrow down in Gloucester. Sucks, its going to be nice as hell outside this weekend.

fire929 - I got your pm, Ill get back to you soon, I need to figure out a day.

lemondrop

We have a fairly solid google calendar of dates people are hitting the track and with what org....if you are planning on hitting the track and want to share a ride, shoot me a PM and I will invite ya to the calendar....

rock on

onepointone

I was tempted to sign up for a few dates the other night, but decided I want to have the thing for the bike done before doing so. I pulled the forks/shock off it Sunday and plan to send the stuff out to thermosman sometime this week. Here she sits at my dad's house:

DSCN0892.jpg

Did anyone make it out to the track Saturday? I know some of my friends in cars went and said there was a decent turn out, and beautiful weather.

lemondrop

you best get that stuff out to thermosman NOW!!! he is uber backed up....waited 2-3 weeks for mine....

but it is oooooo soo nice now

onepointone

Did he have you go to the Ohlins USA site, fill out the work order form and send it to the address on that form? Thats what he told me to do. I was just wondering because I was wanting him to do the work, not a generic Ohlins shop.

Im kind of in a tough spot. I want to send the stuff out to him, but at the same time, Sportbiketrackgear is doing a deal where you can buy 1 Mich PRC front and 3 Mich Power Race soft rears (190/55) for $449. At the moment I can only do one and Id hate to do the suspension and they quit doing the deal. Im probably going to end up with the tires first..

lemondrop

Thermosman is the generic Ohlins shop. If ya look on the site, his address is the address for Ohlins USA....only costed about $130 to get mine done

Perlzuki

Got to says guys, up to 92 posts on this thread. Pretty dam impressive for the Richmond gang.
See you at the track soon!!! That is all.

Mark
SE CR #249
06GSXR 1000

onepointone

Oh, I guess that would make sense then. :)

What did you have done? From talking to him on the phone, it seemed the spring swaps for the forks and shock, with freshening everything up was going to run somewhere between $350-$400ish. I thought that was a bit high, and was going to do it myself. The shock looks pretty easy to swap, but I dont really want to mess with the fork internals after reading up on it. Im just going to send them off to him and know its done right.

Dr. Evil

New guy from the Tidewater area. I ride VIR and Summit point. I have a G20 van with a hitch. Normally I put the bike in the back, drive to the track the night before, remove the bike and sleep on the floor. Richmond is not out of my way. Old and slow still likes to get out on occassion.

lemondrop

onepointone;40950 wrote: Oh, I guess that would make sense then. :)

What did you have done? From talking to him on the phone, it seemed the spring swaps for the forks and shock, with freshening everything up was going to run somewhere between $350-$400ish. I thought that was a bit high, and was going to do it myself. The shock looks pretty easy to swap, but I dont really want to mess with the fork internals after reading up on it. Im just going to send them off to him and know its done right.
aaaaa...i forgot about your forks...

I just had the rear shock rebuilt and changed the spring....

guess, in total, my suspension (forks and shock) were ~$400

minman26

Yamaha demo dates are up... I recommend trying it out. You don't get to go nuts, but you will get to feel the bike and how it rides. I'm sure we'd all like to check out the new R1 at least. At the very least it is an extra track session.

Note: I do not work for Yamaha.