Right Foot Sleepy!

Vitamin_J

After about 15 minutes into a 20 minute session my right foot goes numb. I did some digging through older threads and learned that it isn't a planter's wart or similar.

My boots are snug but not too tight and the area of leather surrounding my knee doesn't feel as if it is cutting blood to the lower portion of my leg.

Anyone else have / had this issue?

barry38

I've had the same problem for about 3 years now, pain and numbness in the ball of the foot. Diagnosed as a Mortens Neuroma. I've had 4 cortisone shots, which do some short term good. But between bicycling and motorcycling, the problem just won't go away, so I just live with it.

Go see a podiatrist and get a proper diag.

dfaldridge

When i first started doing track days my right foot would go numb alittle. As time went on i figured that I was not moving it at all on the foot peg because I dont use the rear brake and when I lean to the left I would push down really hard at a funny angle on the foot peg. As I have relaxed more with the bike and the trackriding and started moving my right foot around on the peg, my foot has stopped going numb.

geckert

Mine used to go to sleep also about midway into a session. I think it was from not moving since most of the corners are right handers. My foot would stay on the ball of the toes and have alot of pressure for 20 minutes straight. What I do now is before every turn in, instead of doing the motoGP hanging the foot out while braking I wiggle my foot back and forth on the peg. That little bit of movement helps alot for me and reduces the "sleeping" and fatigue in my foot. Kind of how you rub something on the ground with your toes is what I am doing to the peg before turn in, it also helps my foot get settled into position.

alocker

Any of you guys over 6' tall? I have this same issue and I feel its the extreme angle and pressure on my right knee due to me being 6'2". I'm gonna try moving it around, but if that doesnt work I'm considering adding seat height.

justariot66

A few years ago I had the same problem. I figured out it was my technique not anything physical. As was mentioned my foot would be tingly and my leg would hurt and my self diagnosis (which worked) was too much pressure on that leg for too long a period. I think I was really leaning hard on my left leg instead of holding on to the bike with my other leg and sharing the load.

Hope this helps its quite frustrating when your stuck in the middle of it.

Dave #66

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
VJ. Foot numbness can be caused by numerous things from a herniation in your spine to a wrinkle in your sock. A Morton's Neuroma is an abnormal nerve growth at the metatarsal heads. I do not think this is at, as I get some pain as well right were my foot pivots on my peg. I attribute this to i am standing on a pointy object for a long time, which the body doesn't seem to like.

As silly as it may sound, hvae you tried to sit on your bike in the hanging off position and see if the numbness re-occurs? If it does, could be a compressed nerve somewhere.

1literduceater

I will throw one more in there....my feet get hot...hot as hell.....doesnt hurt just is really warm. Even kicks in on cooler days. Go figure?!?!

Motofun352

Control Rider
barry38;77129 wrote: I've had the same problem for about 3 years now, pain and numbness in the ball of the foot. Diagnosed as a Mortens Neuroma. I've had 4 cortisone shots, which do some short term good. But between bicycling and motorcycling, the problem just won't go away, so I just live with it.

Go see a podiatrist and get a proper diag.
By all means see a podiatrist but be aware that they are not the same as fully licensed doctor. A bad experience with one and my Dad caused a long delay in getting the proper treatment. All I'm saying is use common sense like always (I wish I had).:banghead:

NoBull

1literduceater;77176 wrote: I will throw one more in there....my feet get hot...hot as hell.....doesnt hurt just is really warm. Even kicks in on cooler days. Go figure?!?!
My right foot does that sometimes too. It's like it's on fire. When I get to that stage I have to pull off track after a lap or 2 cause I just can't concentrate enough to ride safely. It goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

I've tried to move my right foot while riding to eleviate it, but the damn Sidi boot catches on something and makes it dangerous. I will have to try more things to fix this cause it's a real pain in the foot.

riddler

Motofun352;77179 wrote: By all means see a podiatrist but be aware that they are not the same as fully licensed doctor. A bad experience with one and my Dad caused a long delay in getting the proper treatment. All I'm saying is use common sense like always (I wish I had).:banghead:
A podiatrist is a licensed doctor... Are you thinking Chiropractor? Those guys scare me...

Adjustable rear sets could help... Also, have a CR follow you and see if you are hanging your butt off too far riding in a crossed up body position. I have had this problem, and the crossed up riding position contributes. The new rearsets was easy enough to resolve, still working on the crossed up riding position :D

1literduceater

NoBull;77208 wrote: My right foot does that sometimes too. It's like it's on fire. When I get to that stage I have to pull off track after a lap or 2 cause I just can't concentrate enough to ride safely. It goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

I've tried to move my right foot while riding to eleviate it, but the damn Sidi boot catches on something and makes it dangerous. I will have to try more things to fix this cause it's a real pain in the foot.
Sidi boots here too....

These are the ones I got:

regina_girls_winter_boots_rg.JPG

lemondrop

Again, depending on the origin of the pain/numbness...IT MAY NOT BE YOUR FOOT! Hence a podiatrist will either 1) misdiagnose, 2) mistreat, or/and 3) charge you for it.

barry38

lemondrop;77257 wrote: Again, depending on the origin of the pain/numbness...IT MAY NOT BE YOUR FOOT! Hence a podiatrist will either 1) misdiagnose, 2) mistreat, or/and 3) charge you for it.
Ok so let a bunch of non licensed, non-trained people on a fucking internet forum diag it for you. It will still be misdiaged, mistreated, but at least it's free!!!!!

Landshark

Control Rider
1literduceater;77176 wrote: I will throw one more in there....my feet get hot...hot as hell.....doesnt hurt just is really warm. Even kicks in on cooler days. Go figure?!?!
NoBull;77208 wrote:
My right foot does that sometimes too. It's like it's on fire. When I get to that stage I have to pull off track after a lap or 2 cause I just can't concentrate enough to ride safely. It goes away as soon as I'm off the bike.

You guys aren't Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble, stop draggin your feet.

Landshark

Control Rider
barry38;77326 wrote: Ok so let a bunch of non licensed, non-trained people on a fucking internet forum diag it for you. It will still be misdiaged, mistreated, but at least it's free!!!!!
I suggest a magnetic bracelet and a quartz necklace.

slowpoke

Motofun352;77179 wrote: By all means see a podiatrist but be aware that they are not the same as fully licensed doctor. A bad experience with one and my Dad caused a long delay in getting the proper treatment. All I'm saying is use common sense like always (I wish I had).:banghead:
Hey Jack - thems fightin words. :D

my girls a podiatrist and was in agreement with most of the posts saying that it would hurt during other activities or earlier in the session. i too had the same thing and adjusting my foot on the peg seemed to help a ton., i also don't weight the pegs as heavily as i used to in turns.

and jack, podiatrists are fully licensed for foot and ankle surgery. they are not internists, but piss them off and they are licensed enough to remove a leg. like all docs, there are good and bad and badder so choose carefully.

lemondrop

barry38;77326 wrote: Ok so let a bunch of non licensed, non-trained people on a fucking internet forum diag it for you. It will still be misdiaged, mistreated, but at least it's free!!!!!
whoaaaa!!! guess i stepped on a podiatrist toes....

bwwhahahabwbbahahahahahahahah