RIP Abraham Stacey

dpullen

I'm very thankful to have had the opportunity to get to know him this season. We were at a lot of races and track days, and he always had a smile on his face. I remember hanging with him in the pits at Miller earlier this year, with Abe just brimming with energy. He was really in his element. I was amazed at how much time he spent with me helping out with lines and reference points.

I think the best part was listening to him talk to Lynda about racing the Ninja 250, and how he would trick the bike out if he was racing it. That was a lot of good energy...

bodell

There was only one Abe Stacey. I don’t expect to ever meet another like him. This is a tragic loss. My condolences to Abe's family. May God help you through this time of grief.

noobinacan

I found out about this earlier this weekend.
very sad that we don't have this wonderful person with us anymore...

I first met Abe at CMP at my first trackday...
He took the time to explain CMP lines to me, at the time I didn't know who he was.
and later someone goes.
"Dude, that's Abe Stacey, he runs AMA"
my respect went up for him ten times...so un-selfish and down to earth.
and it was him really, who formed my first opinion of track day crowd:
"wow, people here are really cool, nice and un-selfish"

Anyone already in process of making decals or t-shirts ? with Abe Stacy 461 on it ?

bike428

I'm still in shock. As everyone has already said Abe was one of the nicest and funniest people I ever met. No matter what he was doing or how busy he was he always had the time to say hello, share a funny story, and make you smile. I can't even imagine how much my son will miss him. Abe would always be on him like a big brother......teasing him and encouraging him to do well. When we came to watch the WERA races Chris had a broken foot. Abe asks him are you racing today? Chris says no I have a broken foot. Abe looks at me, smiles and says "boy these youngins these days got a whole lot of quit in them". Then he winks at Chris and says "you mean to tell me you're gonna let that cast come between you and greatness". He was one of a kind and had a positive impact on all of us. Abe, RIP my brother.

bodell

I will miss his humor. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Abe.

Abe describes the best way to break in your leathers.

AStacey;99430 wrote: THIS WILL HELP YOU BREAK THEM IN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM THE ONE IN BLACK IN THE GRASS. THIS METHOD HAS WORKED FOR ME ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS.
8.jpg

Abes gives insight on crashing...

AStacey;113304 wrote: You can listen to these guys if You want to ,but Im an EXPERT at crashing!!!!! :D
AStacey;116488 wrote: If u get anough concussions You wont know You cant go that fast:D:asleep:SCREEM
AStacey;144245 wrote: Its not over till ur helmet hits the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AStacey;113527 wrote:
You cant get faster laying down on the job!!!!!
Abes gives insight on cornering...

AStacey;99670 wrote:
When in doubt gas it, it may not be the right answer, but it will end all the suspence!!!!!!!!!!!I dont know who said it but that there is words to live by.
And my favorite one. I think this says the most about his personality.

AStacey;145702 wrote:
Sometimes im smart even when people cant understand what im saying!

darren graveel

RIP Abe

I opened the forum this morning and was shocked to read about Abe, he always went out of his way to help and add a smile to your face. He was a positive force for those around him, never heard a negative comment from him. We have lost a special person and fellow motorcyclist.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
I never got to meet Abe in person but I followed his AMA results because I knew of him as a NESBA control rider. Its very cool to see someone living the dream like he was and tragic that it ended this way. My thoughts are with him and his family. RIP Abe :(

Bucky Badger

PITZER;159553 wrote: R.I.P Abraham Stacy, Abe, Eminem, Slim Shady, El Toro Blanco....or what every name he threw at you.
My very good friend, I will miss you!
I will never forget how much fun he was to do the IMS shows with...bench racing Barber, wrestling his strong wiry ass, telling us about his nephew, listening to him tell stories about how fast he was and how slow I am are things that I still look back at with a smile on my face. He helped make the hours of the IMS shows seem a little less long and I looked forward to cutting up with him at dinner afterward.

I know Abe is with his heavenly father and still has that smile on his face that you just can't help smiling back at.

I will miss you my friend...Rest in Peace

ecycle

Too sad!! I found out while standing right where I had met Abe several years earlier at Barber.

Earle
SECR