Road America - Memorial Day

Hitman954

S3aturnR;187934 wrote: i'm trying to decide whether i should buy my new tires at the track and miss out on the first session on monday or get them beforehand and scramble to find someone to mount and balance them? also have to visit turn1 to have them set up the suspension on a new bike. gonna be a busy day on monday...

s3aturnr
Ill be there Sunday night and will mount your tires then. Beac83 also needs some mounted and I let him know too.

jcwalter

Anyone know if we camp by tent if there is an area by the paddock or do they put you up in the Carousel as they state in the RA website? Just seemed like a long haul from up there down to the paddock.

ERB68

jcwalter;189499 wrote: Anyone know if we camp by tent if there is an area by the paddock or do they put you up in the Carousel as they state in the RA website? Just seemed like a long haul from up there down to the paddock.
You can pitch a tent in the grassy area in the upper paddock. When you drive in up the hill to the upper area there are some grass paddock spots.

S3aturnR

Hitman954;189312 wrote: Ill be there Sunday night and will mount your tires then. Beac83 also needs some mounted and I let him know too.
wait, if i'm buying at the track from track day store, will you have them sunday night to install???

s3aturnr

Hitman954

S3aturnR;189521 wrote: wait, if i'm buying at the track from track day store, will you have them sunday night to install???

s3aturnr
Working on this, I will let you know the details. Since I have a few request to buy and mount tires I'm tryin to get everything in order to make this happen for yous guys. I'll try to get back to this thread or start one informing peeps of what to expect. Thanks, Brent Sudduth

S3aturnR

Hitman954;189707 wrote: Working on this, I will let you know the details. Since I have a few request to buy and mount tires I'm tryin to get everything in order to make this happen for yous guys. I'll try to get back to this thread or start one informing peeps of what to expect. Thanks, Brent Sudduth
cool. i'm interested in the q2 (120/180) unless i can get the same amount of heat cycles out of the d209gpa seen here without tire warmers at a :b: pace: http://www.trackdaystore.com/Dunlop-Race-Tires-D209GPA-Mega-Deal-1-Front-2-Rears-_p_415.html

s3aturnr

Jonny Boy

I cant wait for RA. This will be my first time at this track. So I am asking in advance for some help and guidance from any of the CRs that will be out there. So if you are a CR and going to Road America, please send me a PM. I would like to start the day following a CR and learning the lines, as well as hopefully getting some good feedback. I am signed up for B group both days, and I am always trying to learn more at each track day. Thanks in advance.

cooker1

Damn another angry bee on the track but thats good look forward to getting passed on the straights but you gotta watch out for the pissed off hornets in the corners !

Jonny Boy

Not angry at all, and def not trying to piss anyone off in the corners. Noticed some people where upset about the lack of help they received in another thread.... just trying to show its a two way street, and if you ask before hand and make it known you want some help, I am sure CRs will make it happen.

cooker1

no no no my girlfriend says all the bikes sound like angry bees gxers cbrs etc and my old sv sounds like a hornet I love it myself just workin on my ridin dont bother me at all to get passed one day Ill be passin them ! LOL

gkotlin

Jonny Boy;190094 wrote: I cant wait for RA. This will be my first time at this track. So I am asking in advance for some help and guidance from any of the CRs that will be out there. So if you are a CR and going to Road America, please send me a PM. I would like to start the day following a CR and learning the lines, as well as hopefully getting some good feedback. I am signed up for B group both days, and I am always trying to learn more at each track day. Thanks in advance.
I'll be there. You won't have any trouble following someone in the AM sessions. We'll get you taken care of.

cooker1;190107 wrote:
Damn another angry bee on the track but thats good look forward to getting passed on the straights but you gotta watch out for the pissed off hornets in the corners !
You don't get to post comments like that till you are in I group and can pass in the corners :nutkick:

haha

cooker1

gkotlin;190115 wrote: I'll be there. You won't have any trouble following someone in the AM sessions. We'll get you taken care of.

You don't get to post comments like that till you are in I group and can pass in the corners :nutkick:

haha
Yeah I know but just givin them a heads up !

S3aturnR

Jonny Boy;190111 wrote: Not angry at all, and def not trying to piss anyone off in the corners. Noticed some people where upset about the lack of help they received in another thread.... just trying to show its a two way street, and if you ask before hand and make it known you want some help, I am sure CRs will make it happen.
i'll let you follow my bike all day, tuff guy! :D

oh, and don't forget to bring your axle tool. i will be needing it...

s3aturnr

Jonny Boy

gkotlin;190115 wrote: I'll be there. You won't have any trouble following someone in the AM sessions. We'll get you taken care of.

haha
Thanks, I am looking forward to it.

S3aturnR;190124 wrote:
i'll let you follow my bike all day, tuff guy! :D

oh, and don't forget to bring your axle tool. i will be needing it...

s3aturnr
lol, if I happen to forget that Axel tool you might not being doing much of anything. :D But I am sure I will remember and I will do my best to keep up.

eE jeremy

I'll be there CRing both days, and I'm assuming working with B group, come find me in the pits after the riders meeting so I know who you are.

Jonny Boy

eE jeremy;190145 wrote: I'll be there CRing both days, and I'm assuming working with B group, come find me in the pits after the riders meeting so I know who you are.
Thanks Jeremy. I will make sure to do that. I will be ridding a Blk/Org 08 GSXR 750, so if I dont see you after the riders meeting I will def be looking for you when we grid.

cbryan

eE jeremy;190145 wrote: I'll be there CRing both days, and I'm assuming working with B group, come find me in the pits after the riders meeting so I know who you are.
I will come find you also...

beac83

BTW: Congrats on the bump!