Road Atlanta 19-20 Oct

Huey130

Director
Race Director
T-5 days!!!!
What’s your favorite part of Road Atlanta?

Don’t forget:
We’ll need volunteers Friday afternoon and Sunday afternoon to help set up Airfence.

There is an event on the track Friday so we may not be let in until 5:00.

Track study group Friday night at 6:00 after Airfence is setup!

We’re having a cookout Sat night in honor of Kappy’s birthday! Everyone is invited for food and games! Bring a tray of something. We’ll have tacos!

Hmmm what else? BOILED PEANUTS!!!

Annnnnd... OH YEAH! Two days of riding the most historic and iconic track in the Southeast!!!!

Start hydrating now!

MrFrzz

slow and wide
In!

favorite part at RA might be T9 or getting T5 right....If I ever get T1 right, it might be in there too...

Fahad

This is going to be my first track day and I am really looking forward to joining the group - I will be happy to volunteer

I am still trying to figure out a way for transporting my bike there - worst case, I guess, I will just drive :)

Is anyone around the Kennesaw area that I can hitch a ride with? Happy to share costs

I have a cbr500r

Thanks for your help in advance

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Back Straight Kink........Mmmmmm, Yummy. I've always wondered Huey, why 10A &10B? What is the story behind this? Its not like its a dbl apex turn or a chicane. At NJMP we have T3 but there is a chicane that cuts turn 3 off so that chicane is 3A, 3B, & 3C. Any idea?

Huey130

Director
Race Director
Back Straight Kink........Mmmmmm, Yummy. I've always wondered Huey, why 10A &10B? What is the story behind this? Its not like its a dbl apex turn or a chicane. At NJMP we have T3 but there is a chicane that cuts turn 3 off so that chicane is 3A, 3B, & 3C. Any idea?
Use to be a single turn called “the gravity cavity” / 10. It was just a kink. But if you screwed up the exit you went straight for the bridge abutment. youtube “gravity cavity” and you’ll see why it’s not there anymore. :(
When they built 10a/b they also built that stadium area.
I got to ride old 12 and 3 with no chicane but never got to ride old 10.

Huey130

Director
Race Director
This is going to be my first track day and I am really looking forward to joining the group - I will be happy to volunteer

I am still trying to figure out a way for transporting my bike there - worst case, I guess, I will just drive :)

Is anyone around the Kennesaw area that I can hitch a ride with? Happy to share costs

I have a cbr500r

Thanks for your help in advance

Do you have Facebook? Send me a message there to Craig Huey Stewart.
I’ll be able to find you someone I bet.

Huey130

Director
Race Director

start at 3:45
It’s much much safer this way.

Fahad

Do you have Facebook? Send me a message there to Craig Huey Stewart.
I’ll be able to find you someone I bet.
Unfortunately I don't have Facebook, do you think we can connect on LinkedIn?

bmart

Control Rider
10A and 10B are a blast. It is the chicane at the top of the hill after turn 1 that isn't so great. I like the old way much better.

okrider

I'm going to ride Road Atlanta for the first time if the weather allows. What's the policy for bad weather? I assume it's rain or shine.

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
I'm going to ride Road Atlanta for the first time if the weather allows. What's the policy for bad weather? I assume it's rain or shine.
Rain or shine!

If you have an elite membership you can cancel your day up until the time you register.