road atlanta april10th 11th!!!

steph1000

any of you guys would know how many riders per group i should expect for that week end???and how many do they let on the track at once??? most of the trackdays in canada they only let out 5 every 30 seconds and the groups are never more than 30..thanks

jimgl3

i'm sure someone will have you an answer... however... it's Road Atlanta! one of the most awesomest incredible wickedest koolest everythingest tracks you will ever ride on!

can i get a witness?

jimgl3

well...

i'm curious to see what it's like after the additional grinding they did for AMA races last year. i kind of liked the little bump that was there when we rode in July. it messed with a lot of people and those of us it didn't mess with were able to capitalize on it!

steph1000

thats what i heard its an awesome track,,,just realized its right after the ama round so ill be alone on the track..safe way to learn..lol

buwamd

beer

I heard that french guys run thier bikes on beer thats why they can ride through the grass in 5th gear corners to pass others......................

Ruhe52

Ya hey der Canada bring some back bacon with that Blue
See you at RA you are gonna love it. New 12 is nothing like old 12 but must admit it is still a ton of fun. Keep in mind old 12 is gone due to one of your countrymen so no bitchin' about it. Just kiddin'
Miguel was just the unlucky one someone was bound to eat it bad there. Must say it took about a year to even have the nuts to hold the throttle open through there 9 times out of 10 I'd puss out. Fast corner after a crazy downhill. Don't know how others feel as it is still part of the same track but braking down the hill into new 12 makes it feel 10 times steeper than it is. Good thing is if you over cook it just bailout by never making the turn in. Roll down outside hot pit and blend right back in at turn 2. It is about the only place you can really blow it on that track with close to zero consequence.

steph1000

i dont like Miguel that much even tho i named my son the same..lol..and as for the new 12 it looks by looking at videos of course,that if you get a good enough drive out of 10b you would for sure wheelie down that hill....and as for elevation changes and fast downhill corners you owe it to yourself to make the trip to calabogie canada...23 turns and 15 are blind with cmaber and elevation changes.....we will see you there for sure im trying to get 6 of us canucks to show up..cheers

buwamd

Cyclerant hello I'm just wondering when exactly did they change turn 12, I've been watching your youtube videos. What group are you riding for the may 2008 video, also what are your lap times and top speed (me and steph have the same bike as you), I know you were in a big group in that vid but just for an idea. thanks

stow

Turn 12 was one of the best turns on any of the SE tracks. The problem is that it left no room for error. Turn 12 could be taken at almost full throttle in fourth gear. Of course that is if the wall which is only a couple of yards off of the track didn't put the fear of God in you. You blow turn 12, it is not going to end well. Miguel Duhamel smacked the wall at turn 12 during practice a year or two ago and ended up missing the rest of the AMA season due to his injuries. Turn 12 was moved over and turned into a much slower 90 degree turn that avoids the wall all together. It is safer, but doesn't have the same fun factor as the old turn.

steph1000

hey snikwad!!! see you there and btw would you know roughly how many riders i should expect in our group??? its my 1st time with nesba..thanks

JRA

I'm just wondering when exactly did they change turn 12, I've been watching your youtube videos. What group are you riding for the may 2008 video, also what are your lap times and top speed
They made the change at the beginning of last year and didn't really let anybody use it until the WERA weekend in June. Our first event there last year in May we rode the old T12, and then at our event at the end of July we used the new 12.

Lap times are definitely slower. Since the new 12 adds another slow 2nd gear turn followed by a straight, how much slower the times are depends on quickly your bike accelerates. Lap times might only be off three or four seconds for a 1000 or five or six seconds for a 600.

Top speed on the back straight will be limited by how fast your bike can go, or by how brave you are. In order to actually top out you will have to keep it pinned through the kink and not everyone is willing to do that.

would you know roughly how many riders i should expect in our group???
Brian would be the one to actually give you the most accurate answer, but I would say you are looking at about 45 per group if it's sold out. RA always has a really good turnout so I would expect all the groups to be full. It's a big track so I don't really think you need to worry about the numbers.

steph1000

what do you guys think the weather will be like in april??i mean should i bring winter clothes im from canada so i dont have a clue...cheers