Roll Call: BeaveRun 20-21 July

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
winger;281471 wrote: I'm in, my first time at the Beave, and first track day with NESBA, I am new to the area so if anyone wants to be my tour guide for the day that would be great.

I have a black and white ZX6 and we be in beginner for sure for the day.

Any advice on how NESBA runs their beginner program, the only org I have done track days with so far is STT for comparison.
STT I think has a more structured beginner program including some classroom time? At least they used to. Nesba will have mandatory B group meetings in the morning and at lunch to discuss things. However, my experience is the the nesba Control Riders (CRs) really pay attention and give much better feedback. They are mostly out there to instruct. They'd rather do that than control, but it depends on how everyone is behaving. They will wait at pit-in at the end of every session to give feedback. If you want someone to follow you, or feel you aren't getting the feedback you need, talk to the B group captain, who will be introduced at the riders' meeting, or the director (Todd). Ask for help on specific things you feel you need to work on. A specific turn, body position, lines, etc. Don't ask general things like "how do I look" or "I want a bump up to the next group".

If you want a "tour" through registration and tech, come look me up in the morning. Bike 75, black with candy apple red flames. I'll be pitted somewhere along the front straight. Tan F150 with a tan 7x14 enclosed trailer. NJ tags.

Welcome!

winger

HondaGalToo;281476 wrote: STT I think has a more structured beginner program including some classroom time? At least they used to. Nesba will have mandatory B group meetings in the morning and at lunch to discuss things. However, my experience is the the nesba Control Riders (CRs) really pay attention and give much better feedback. They are mostly out there to instruct. They'd rather do that than control, but it depends on how everyone is behaving. They will wait at pit-in at the end of every session to give feedback. If you want someone to follow you, or feel you aren't getting the feedback you need, talk to the B group captain, who will be introduced at the riders' meeting, or the director (Todd). Ask for help on specific things you feel you need to work on. A specific turn, body position, lines, etc. Don't ask general things like "how do I look" or "I want a bump up to the next group".

If you want a "tour" through registration and tech, come look me up in the morning. Bike 75, black with candy apple red flames. I'll be pitted somewhere along the front straight. Tan F150 with a tan 7x14 enclosed trailer. NJ tags.

Welcome!
Thanks that is very helpful.

My coach over July weekend (at Grattan) said I was pretty close to an I pace (for STT at least no idea how it compares) but I think I have a couple things I still need to work on before I would go looking for a bump. It will be great to see how another org does it, so maybe I will be pick up some other things.

I am going to show up sometime on Saturday night, matrix and a harbor freight special!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
winger;281478 wrote: Thanks that is very helpful.

My coach over July weekend (at Grattan) said I was pretty close to an I pace (for STT at least no idea how it compares) but I think I have a couple things I still need to work on before I would go looking for a bump. It will be great to see how another org does it, so maybe I will be pick up some other things.

I am going to show up sometime on Saturday night, matrix and a harbor freight special!
You're making the right call starting in B. Nesba's B group is overall quicker than other orgs' I groups. Plus, it's really rewarding to have a CR approach you and tell you you've earned the bump. It only happens twice!

So you're riding just Sunday? Look me up if you want the tour through registration and tech! We'll be at at the track Saturday evening, having a BBQ.

Oh, and I love Grattan!!! It's far, I only get out there once a year for a private event.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
borislav;281357 wrote: No my friend rectifier is fixed,family and work obligations preventing me to be there like many times this year!
Tom you need to update your signature!;)
Well sorry to hear! (glad the bike is fixed though)

And I know...I need some updating. need to get out the laptop for that though :notsure:

winger

HondaGalToo;281487 wrote: You're making the right call starting in B. Nesba's B group is overall quicker than other orgs' I groups. Plus, it's really rewarding to have a CR approach you and tell you you've earned the bump. It only happens twice!

So you're riding just Sunday? Look me up if you want the tour through registration and tech! We'll be at at the track Saturday evening, having a BBQ.

Oh, and I love Grattan!!! It's far, I only get out there once a year for a private event.
Yeah I also just realized that Grattan was the first time I rode a track for more than one day, so that would also explain the quicker pace on the second day. I LOVED that track, might make the trek back again in Sept! My favorite track thus far.

Just sunday this time, I work second shift so its hard to get myself together for a two day weekend, once I get more settled in I am sure I will figure out how to do whole weekends again.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've had no problems getting in around 5. Sometimes earlier. Even if the event hasn't moved from where we want to pit, they usually let you in anyway, and you can wait along the side someplace. Pretty laid back compared to some other places.

cyclox

Have a safe and fun time at Beave er Pittracerun, y'all. I'll wave as I head east to NJMP for the USGPRU/CCS races this weekend.

-Sharad

avizpls

#11-A
What a fantastic weekend. a big NYA NYA to all those who chickened out because of the weather. Sunday was certain to be nice, as it was. Saturday was risky, but a few sprinkles in the AM was the total of it.

thanks to all the "A" crew for letting me ride around with you. Hope I wasnt holding yall up too much. I've never felt so much breath down my neck!! Definitely a good time though. Its....I guess the only word is FUN riding close with talented riders. Until T1 sisler....Glad you got right back out! In fact, of all the (few) incidents this weekend, I think everyone got back out there.

Lets see them vids!

Motofun352

Control Rider
BR was fun, right up until
I blew up my transmission on Sat afternoon....got home and drained the oil, just a little iron filings in the cheese cloth so
I was hopeful.

Took the oil pan down only to find 5 or 6 gear teeth and what looks like a dog from a gear....bummed out to say the least.:(

winger

Thanks guys for a great day. It was my first time out with NESBA and I was a little nervous about being in a more open Beginner group format at first, but it turned out all right. It was really cool to have to work through the track on my own (and with some help from CR Chris!) and have to work out how to pass on the straights. All firsts for me.

The people that I met were very friendly, hope to see you guys at another event sometime soon!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
avizpls;281885 wrote: What a fantastic weekend. a big NYA NYA to all those who chickened out because of the weather. Sunday was certain to be nice, as it was. Saturday was risky, but a few sprinkles in the AM was the total of it.

thanks to all the "A" crew for letting me ride around with you. Hope I wasnt holding yall up too much. I've never felt so much breath down my neck!! Definitely a good time though. Its....I guess the only word is FUN riding close with talented riders. Until T1 sisler....Glad you got right back out! In fact, of all the (few) incidents this weekend, I think everyone got back out there.

Lets see them vids!
I'm working on editing them now. Will make a new thread later on tonight. Never mistook you for another rider with the thundering boom of the Duc. :D

Motofun352;281889 wrote:
BR was fun, right up until
I blew up my transmission on Sat afternoon....got home and drained the oil, just a little iron filings in the cheese cloth so
I was hopeful.

Took the oil pan down only to find 5 or 6 gear teeth and what looks like a dog from a gear....bummed out to say the least.:(
That sucked seeing you off track at turn 4/5. You looked fine as well as the bike so I assumed it was something mechanical till I found out after the session was over.

It was great having some seasoned BeaveRun guys to [try] to follow around so I could learn the track as soon as possible. Thought Saturday was going to be crappy, but turned out to be GREAT! Nice and cool also, huge break from the heat wave at VIR the past weekend.

twnorton

had a up and down day sunday. Pulled the bike off the truck sunday morning and it turned out the battery was dead... luckily I live 10 minutes away and ran home and grabbed a spare. missed the first session putting the bike back together and got back out for the morning. ended up lowsiding in T10 right before lunch which ended my day, broken clip on and bent rearset will do that to you!. Regardless crappy day at the track is better than a good day at work. Doesnt look like NESBA will be back at beav this year so Ill see ya all next year, hopefully the south track will be done by then:popcorn: