Roll Call - NJMP Endurance Event on May 31st

RyanITV

Admin
Turbo329;188975 wrote: I'd be in!!!! That's a Tuesday right?

I'd even be willing to pay more if you had trouble getting signups.
Yep - it's Tuesday. It's posted and registrations are open. Green track on Thunderbolt FTW!

JohnS

Well I cannot get off due to the short notice, but curious - what is considered upper pack intermediate at Tbolt? please take into account already smooth, pedictable and can hold a line. I guess times would come into play mixing A and I group?

RyanITV

Admin
JohnS;188984 wrote: Well I cannot get off due to the short notice, but curious - what is considered upper pack intermediate at Tbolt? please take into account already smooth, pedictable and can hold a line. I guess times would come into play mixing A and I group?
I'd say that you make passes more than being passed, having consistent lines and you don't spook. It's not even so much a question of times, more predictability and comfort level navigating traffic.

Part of the goal with this event/format was to help those Intermediate riders pick up the pace in the hopes of moving to Advanced sooner. Personally - when I moved to Advanced, the speeds amazed me (still do, in some cases) and it helped improve my riding by emulating and riding with the faster guys.

Ryan

JohnS

RyanITV;188989 wrote: I'd say that you make passes more than being passed, having consistent lines and you don't spook. It's not even so much a question of times, more predictability and comfort level navigating traffic.

Part of the goal with this event/format was to help those Intermediate riders pick up the pace in the hopes of moving to Advanced sooner. Personally - when I moved to Advanced, the speeds amazed me (still do, in some cases) and it helped improve my riding by emulating and riding with the faster guys.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, makes sense. I wish I could attend! Guess I will have to be happy with the 23rd

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sounds great! I'm registered, I think. The symbol was there indicating it's full (already??!!) but if I clicked on that, and brought the event up, it let me continue with registration (didn't put me on a wait list). So, I think I'm in! :D

RyanITV

Admin
HondaGalToo;189011 wrote: Sounds great! I'm registered, I think. The symbol was there indicating it's full (already??!!) but if I clicked on that, and brought the event up, it let me continue with registration (didn't put me on a wait list). So, I think I'm in! :D
I had it suppress the checkbox on the link because I wanted to make sure people read the information on the registration page.

I just tweaked it so it showed the disabled checkbox rather than the waitlist icon - thanks for the feedback.

Ryan

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
RyanITV;189013 wrote: I had it suppress the checkbox on the link because I wanted to make sure people read the information on the registration page.

I just tweaked it so it showed the disabled checkbox rather than the waitlist icon - thanks for the feedback.

Ryan
Gotcha, thanks. I figured out a workaround, and yeah, good idea, as it brought up that info. Got a receipt, so I'm good!

fitz

Enjoy yourself guys, I'd do it if I knew the track, and I don't think I'll be able to make the 23rd before then.

Judy be sure to show those A guys how it's done! :D

fitz

Oldmxer281

Control Rider
ninjamansc;188994 wrote: FINALLY! This is gonna be awesome. Guess I better get more tires. haha.
You won't have to worry about going out in B group at this one.

Just cancelled RA and signed up for this. Gonna be a blast!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Oldmxer281;189027 wrote: You won't have to worry about going out in B group at this one.
Make one mistake......
I told you it wasn't my fault. Keith waved me out. Don't think I've ever seen Kubricky look back that many times. His neck must have been sore.

Anybody know if there will be tire changing service available? I've always wanted to ride different brands back to back and this seems the perfect opportunity.

BigBird

ninjamansc;189032 wrote: Make one mistake......
I told you it wasn't my fault. Keith waved me out. Don't think I've ever seen Kubricky look back that many times. His neck must have been sore.

Anybody know if there will be tire changing service available? I've always wanted to ride different brands back to back and this seems the perfect opportunity.
Q2s and you don't have to worry ;)

Turbo329

A couple years ago I used to ride A group with Absolute so I don't mind getting passed close as long as the passes are clean.