Roll Calllll Summit Jefferson 6/29

bboynicku

avizpls;278220 wrote: Jefferson
jefferson_circuit.gif
From Nesba Youtube videos from Jefferson, i'm seeing that Nesba runs it the other direction so T7 is actually T1...can somebody confirm which direction it's run? ... will be first time at both jefferson and shenny

Twiztedjester55

bboynicku;278299 wrote: From Nesba Youtube videos from Jefferson, i'm seeing that Nesba runs it the other direction so T7 is actually T1...can somebody confirm which direction it's run?
Yeah T7 is T1 for motorcycles

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Ducati Pete;278186 wrote: It pays to be single........................ occassionally!!!

See Ya'll There
Yes indeed, sometimes. My boss and I have a rabid passion for playing hockey and guitars. He's now wanting to buy a "cheap" $500.00+ guitar. Wife says "no", something about two kids still in diapers...

Re the Shenny track, is it safe for bikes? Saw a YouTube vid and it looks tight.

avizpls

#11-A
virtualsolitude;278305 wrote:

Re the Shenny track, is it safe for bikes? Saw a YouTube vid and it looks tight.
As a wise man recently said to me, "we should be big enough boys to deal with the situation at hand. We're not racing, we're riding."

Just take 'er easy and it wont be a problem. Thats my outlook. (I have not seen or ridden it, but I had the asme concern as you.)

virtualsolitude

Twiztedjester55;278300 wrote: Yeah T7 is T1 for motorcycles
I saw a thread elsewhere about this (and walking thr track for inspection) but am using my phone right now to type. Am guessing that safety is the reason behind the reversed flow. Can someone elaborate on this change?

virtualsolitude

motorkas;278242 wrote: Never been on Jeff, only been at main once. . .signed up for all three days - this should be interesting. . .if anybody needs Advil, I'll have the industrial sized bottle at my tent:)
Yes indeed. I just added meds to my laundry list of things to bring.

JGardy_781

virtualsolitude;278311 wrote: I saw a thread elsewhere about this (and walking thr track for inspection) but am using my phone right now to type. Am guessing that safety is the reason behind the reversed flow. Can someone elaborate on this change?
No change. NESBA has always ridden JC clockwise. Run counterclockwise, a wall just beyond indicated "T1", above, comes into play.

jtsgsxr6

vinny337;278257 wrote: Josh,
I've rode Shenny many times, not a fast track but is a very fun once you learn it. It’s a very technical track filled with left hand turns, hard braking, elevation. My personal opinion you have to be riding completely over your head to hit a wall.
You gonna come sport your new orange shirt at JC or shenny?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
jtsgsxr6;278318 wrote: You gonna come sport your new orange shirt at JC or shenny?
Not this weekend but we'll get together before the season is over...:cool:

jtsgsxr6

It's official I'm in for both JC and Shenny. Wifey and I are gonna go watch some horse racing sat night, it's her thing and makes her happy win-win for both of us!

virtualsolitude

jtsgsxr6;278360 wrote: It's official I'm in for both JC and Shenny. Wifey and I are gonna go watch some horse racing sat night, it's her thing and makes her happy win-win for both of us!
That's a good compromise. I've found that having shopping outlets and flea/farmer's markets nearby are "wins" also.

virtualsolitude

JGardy_781;278315 wrote: No change. NESBA has always ridden JC clockwise. Run counterclockwise, a wall just beyond indicated "T1", above, comes into play.
Cool. I'm familiar with the clockwise direction and can visualize the track as I remember it years ago. Only concern I have is tires (and brakes, to a lesser degree). I'm contemplating the MAR-- school the day before (Friday) and that means much tire wear on on the right side. Will tire vendors be present at JC on Saturday?

I guess I should start (or search) a separate thread about tire/brake pad wear and replacement. Is a maximum of two track days a good rule of thumb for tire replacement on an '09 R6? Compared to the SV650 I borrowed, the R6 feels like it "chews" tires quicker.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Graceful! Glad the track marshals pulled up the grading stakes out there in the morning. They had all the grading stakes out for the new section of track they are adding and while putting up the cones one of the marshals drove by and said they were pulling up the stakes out there just in case someone goes off there. We didn't want to have a leather shish-kabob.:wow: