Rumored death at Atlanta

bigdawg500

Just left the track at Road Atlanta and a friend called and said the rider in A that went down in turn five was killed on Saturday. Is this true?

whamilton4

bigdawg500;218159 wrote: Just left the track at Road Atlanta and a friend called and said the rider in A that went down in turn five was killed on Saturday. Is this true?
The rider in question who did pass was a very good friend of mine Bryan Andrews. I do not have any other details except for the fact that he went down on turn 5. I talked with his family this evening and they told me he was killed instantly. I myself am an instructor with NASA SE and with a few of the local car clubs, BMW, Audi, PCA. I hate to hear of news like this on any track. we can all agree that will always be some type or risk at these events. I will miss Bryan he was truly a great friend. Godspeed to he and his family.

TeamBeer

I am very sorry to here that! My thoughts are with his family.

Was he in A or B? There was a bad accident between 5 and 6 in the B group on Saturday afternoon.

rugbydawg13

Not that it matters but it was an A group accident. Tragic no matter who it was. Condolences to his friends and family.

Gawd awful week this has been. Several traffic fatalities here, one was a police officer off duty on his motorcycle. Hit/hit by a school bus. God bless the families. Stay alert out there, my friends.

TeamBeer

rugbydawg13;218174 wrote: Not that it matters but it was an A group accident. Tragic no matter who it was. Condolences to his friends and family.
It absolutely doesn't matter, I was just trying to figure out which accident it was. It is a terrible tragedy!

I never met Bryan however we do have many friends off track in multimedia and graphic design worlds that shared his friendship. I have talked to Bryan several times and chatted on FB. I looked forward to meeting Bryan some day and now I guess that meeting will not happen. Sorry to hear. Loss for more words.