Sport rider tire test

scottgixxer

In the current sport rider tire test, the Diablo Corsa 3s were "not recommended for racetrack use" because traction "went off significantly after 4 laps". Are these guys smoking crack???? WTF?

Rick Johnson

There was a mag. that tested lots of Trackday tires about a year or so ago and the
DC 3 came out on top.It was either 1st or 2nd I can't remember but it was rated
a very good TD tire.

scottgixxer

my personal experience has been great with dc3s, and i've yet to find anybody with a legitimate gripe about them. these tires were tested with the understanding that they are not all-out race tires, which makes me scratch my head even more. i'm wondering if they got a bad batch??? ran too little tire pressure perhaps???

sternsi

Control Rider
these tests are usually nothing more then an add for a distributor. I take what they say with a grain of salt.

scottgixxer

I have no doubts that the DC3s are awesome, and that is what i'm going to continue to buy. the reason that I posted about this is because i'm dumbfounded that all of a sudden a magazine (sport rider) can perform a test and come up with totally different results from last year, even though they're testing the same tire as last year. In other words, what could have changed?

TwoTyres

I read the article and assumed it was a biased article and they were pandering to their sponsors.

The dc3 didn't have the highest score in the test but they did have the fastest lap times of all the tires they tested, that speaks volumes about the tire and how it performs.

"Motorcycle Consumer News", best MC magazine in the universe! IMO;-)

It would be interesting to see them test a bunch a tires and the results.

BZ

Blaise

sternsi;43850 wrote: these tests are usually nothing more then an add for a distributor. I take what they say with a grain of salt.
Agreed! This is why I rarely read periodicals regarding cars/bikes anymore. :agree:

smack28752

Twiztedjester55;43907 wrote: What tire came in first? If I remember correctly Dunlop is a huge sponsor/advertiser of Sport Rider magazine.
The Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs had the highest rankings. Bridgestone BT-016s scored well too.

The staff spoke highly of the Pirellis, good feel & confidence inspiring. Said they performed better on the 600 (GSX-R) than the liter bike (Kawi ZX-10R).

Hey, I love the DCIIIs. Excellent wear & performance for my meager talents!

aowens2

Dosen't it matter what pace these guys are going? Im sure if Rossi was on the DC3 he'd probably be pissed he couldn't stay hooked up. Am I wrong or...:dunno:

Rick Johnson

Most on this forum that have run the DC3 said they are great at a B,I group pace and some
even run them in A group but some of us A riders like the true race tires.All in all many have
said they are a great TD tire and wear well.