Sport rider tire test

JGardy_781

aowens2;44683 wrote: Dosen't it matter what pace these guys are going? Im sure if Rossi was on the DC3 he'd probably be pissed he couldn't stay hooked up. Am I wrong or...:dunno:
I was going to keep quiet for fear of stirring up some ol' junk without substantiation, but times like these I wish the old BBS was still able to be referenced - there was a very interesting discussion I read there a long time ago discussing just what pace was observed first hand by a number of our (at the time) faster members and CRs when a group of journos were taking part in a track day put on by another org...

Ever since that discussion, I've taken mag reviews with a grain of salt...

FWIW, I've seen CRs run amazing times on DC3s - I personally don't ride them at all, but for a lot of fast, fast people with more skill than I have, they work exceptionally well.

/j

younglion

I ran 2 sets of DC3's last summer. The first set I ran the upper level of "I" Group and liked them but noticed they seemed to have more movement that the SC Pro's I ran prior to them. No problems with corner speed at my pace and whatnot but on my Gix750 I was spinning the rear quite a bit according to the CR behind me - not too sure if that's good or bad but it was happening and they were getting REALLY shredded on the left side (mostly lefts at Pacific Raceways).

I bumped up to "A" Group and put on a new set of DC3's for the next two track days and after the second day they were toasted - along with my confidence in them. Even a CR was advising me not to run another set as the pace was somewhat outperforming the tire and he could see a lot of wiggling and spinning which by that point I was really feeling and it was sapping my confidence.

I still think they are a great track tire but like someone already posted - maybe for the first 2 groups only. I'm sure there are LOTS of faster riders than me who can pull off some great times on these tires but I consider myself to be a very typical track day rider - not racer and the exact market Pirelli has aimed the DC3 at - I'll stick to the SC Pro's or Dragon's this summer for the added few bucks it'll keep my confidence up and thats worth it to me.

Bluenvy

younglion;44704 wrote: I ran 2 sets of DC3's last summer. The first set I ran the upper level of "I" Group and liked them but noticed they seemed to have more movement that the SC Pro's I ran prior to them. No problems with corner speed at my pace and whatnot but on my Gix750 I was spinning the rear quite a bit according to the CR behind me - not too sure if that's good or bad but it was happening and they were getting REALLY shredded on the left side (mostly lefts at Pacific Raceways).

I bumped up to "A" Group and put on a new set of DC3's for the next two track days and after the second day they were toasted - along with my confidence in them. Even a CR was advising me not to run another set as the pace was somewhat outperforming the tire and he could see a lot of wiggling and spinning which by that point I was really feeling and it was sapping my confidence.

I still think they are a great track tire but like someone already posted - maybe for the first 2 groups only. I'm sure there are LOTS of faster riders than me who can pull off some great times on these tires but I consider myself to be a very typical track day rider - not racer and the exact market Pirelli has aimed the DC3 at - I'll stick to the SC Pro's or Dragon's this summer for the added few bucks it'll keep my confidence up and thats worth it to me.
same situation here. switched to sc pros when i got to A