Stan Braxton: 1960- 2011

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
This year has been very difficult on the motorcycle community and I hate to hear that we lost another brother. I never met Stan, but from the description others have portrayed, he was a wonderful person. I hope his family can look at these posts from his friends and find some kind of peace knowing that he touched a lot of people.

noobinacan

hey folks Funeral details posted in the original post.

As far as I know, Andy and I will be driving down there on Thursday morning and planning to come back after the funeral and grave side ceremony, post ceremony on Thursday evening itself.

We have room for two more, in the car or we might take Andy's tahoe if more people want to car pool from Charlotte to Fayetteville GA.

noobinacan

JRA;225973 wrote: As a Control Rider I rode with Stan a lot on his first weekend with NESBA at Road Atlanta in May of 2009. There was another rider too that made us a group of three for almost the whole day. ...

Perlzuki;225976 wrote:
So sad to hear about Stan's passing! He fought very hard & now is at peace. ..

My sincere condolences go out to Stan's family as he will be missed by many!

Mark
SE CR #249 ( retired )

John and Mark
I shared this with Coke on facebook as a note, so she can read when she gets a chance.
will also forward her to these forums in time, for the show of support Stan has received from the NESBA family...thanks

dpullen

I always enjoyed riding with Stan. His was one of the first BMWs I saw at the track, and he rode it well. Smooth, consistent, and always with a big smile on his face.

I enjoyed teching his bike in the morning, it was always immaculate, even after a few get-offs.

He usually left the track day early, with a big smile, saying that he wanted to leave something for next time. We'll see you "next time" my friend.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family. I know your loss is immeasurable. I consider myself lucky to have known his as well as I did.

- Dave

MeaganC

My thoughts and prayers go out the Stan's wife and children. I have never met Stan but it sounds like he was a great man. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. Rest in peace Stan.

slowpoke

Terrible news and my deepest condolences to his family and each one of his friends. You are in my prayers -

Godspeed Stan -

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
I was very sad to hear stan did not pull through. Ive thought about him often since barber and I really was hoping for a different outcome. Im deeply sorry for his friends and family. This has been a tough end to the season for the entire nesba community but even more so for stans loved ones as well as bryans and mikes. I met stan at my first track day in october of 2009. It was the day he got his a bump on the hp2. Even when he put a hole in the cylinder head at th end of the day it couldnt dampen his excitment and enthusiasm for what he had accomplished. He was living the dream and doing what he loved as we all do through this sport. Godspeed stan... you wont be forgotten.

RCKT GRL

JRA;225973 wrote: As a Control Rider I rode with Stan a lot on his first weekend with NESBA at Road Atlanta in May of 2009. There was another rider too that made us a group of three for almost the whole day.

It's funny because I can't remember who that other rider was, but I sure remember Stan. He was glued to my tail so close most of the time that it made me border line nervous.:D It was like every time I turned around here was this big ole dude, on a big ole BMW with these cylinder heads sticking way out, and he was pushing me to go faster and faster.

I'd go a little faster and then he'd make some crazy mistake and we'd come in and talk (keep in mind that this is his first weekend on a race track). I'd say "Man, if you want to go fast we really need to slow down a little and let's work on the basic things that are going to make you a better rider". "But with you on my tail like that I'm afraid to slow down because you're going to run me over".:D

Thinking back on that now I'm pretty sure he didn't hear a word I said to him. He had this huge smile on his face and I think he was so into the whole experience that almost nothing I said would have gotten through.

At the end of that Sunday I bumped him up to Intermediate group.

A couple of months later we were at VIR and I was working registration. Stan always called me Mr. Allen. He said "Mr. Allen, I have something for you", and handed me what looked like a rolled up poster. We were really busy signing people in at that point so I didn't have a chance to look at it until later. It was a poster that he had made with multiple pictures of us riding together at Road Atlanta. An ariel picture of Road Atlanta was central to the poster, and it had all of these different shots pasted in around it. Most of those photos had both of us in them.

I was touched that he had made one for me, but honestly I didn't quite know what to do with it. For two and a half years that poster has been rolled up sitting on top of the freezer in my garage where I have my shop set up.

Even though I didn't know it at the time, that poster now means more to me than any material bike related possession I own. It puts things in perspective...the things that are replaceable and the things that aren't.

Stan, I know now what I'm going to do with that poster. I'm going to frame it and hang it up in my shop right next to the Road Atlanta license tag that I have hanging on the wall where I'll see it every day.

On Sunday morning November 13th, 2011 at Barber I had gone up to take a shower. This was before 5:00 AM, and as I walked in Stan was in there brushing his teeth. I'm sure Stan was probably an early riser anyway, but I like to think that he was up and just raring to get the day started. In fact I'm sure that was it. When he finished he walked past and said "Good morning Mr. Allen".

It's funny how I forget some things that are critically important to my life, and other things that seem insignificant at the time are etched in my mind as if with a laser.

I'm pretty sure Stan affected other people like that too. He was a laser, and once you met him you would never forget him. I know I never will.

From John and Lesley, our prayers are with Coke, Eric, and Savannah during this difficult time.

We'll all miss you Stan.

You might be gone from this world, but I will never forget you.
Beautifully written Mr. Allen.

Condolences to all of Stans friends and family. A group of us had traveled from Minnesota for our first NESBA Barber experience. We have all been pulling for Stan since the accident on Sunday. Sad news indeed.