Summit Point 5 July 2010...Brutal Fun

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Ron's mohawk need's just a little more color.....

and how much work does Jim really get done while working from home?

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Yes I do....but it's too hot!!!

I'll just stay inside the cooler garage and drink cold drinks and work on the B bike.

Tomorrow at Thunderbolt is going to be as hot as Summit was.....yikes!

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
Monday was my first time riding summit main, I was a pretty intimidated in the morning but had an awesome afternoon despite the obvious heat exhaustion. I think it was the 3 o'clock session but it was one of the best sessions ive had so far this year... if your out there, it was an all black bike 992 i believe, i talked to you for a minute on pit out, great riding!!!

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Just wanted to say thanks; it was a great weekend and it was a pleasure to be able to fill in for Geoff and Mike this weekend. I know that ANY of the CRs out with us were more than capable and could have done better -- It was an honor to be given the opportunity, this is certainly my passion and you all are my family.

Ultimately I just did what I've been taught and seen from all the other folks in NESBA. I really couldn't screw it up with such excellent teachers (well, I could, but that is why I seemed so anxious, I was trying hard not to). I have a little better appreciation for what all the event directors do, and will try a little harder to ease anxiety for them where I can in the future. I won't call you guys out by name but all the CRs that rode this weekend deserve a huge hand, they rode all the sessions and did a pretty incredible job sitting on the tarmac giving feedback that led to amazing riding. Simply put, I wouldn't have been successful, learned all that I did, or had as much fun as I did this weekend, without all the help.

We had a great weekend with few red flags and the ambulance did not roll one time in three days -- with the heat and the number of riders that did back to back days that is amazing and says much more for everyones control and ability than it does to my being able to bore everyone with a speech (the pictures are pretty cool though -- new ghey desktop!).

Again, thanks to Ron, Chris, Wil, Tibor, John, Brian, Dave, Rob, Gary, and Scott

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
kubricky;138459 wrote: the ambulance did not roll one time

That's OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!

These are my favorite kind of NESBA weekends!!!!!!:congrats::congrats:

Now, back to re-hydrating. I'm still feeling like a wrung-out dish rag.

slowpoke

Twiztedjester55;138460 wrote: That was probably Chris (Slowpoke) #994
wasn't me - i was melting in my trailer during the afternoon 'A' sessions, but I did see 992 out there in the morning sessions and he was ROLLING....

Brad - how's the hand? I saw you gridding up and did a double-take b/c I thought you were getting surgery. Glad you're back out there.

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
well the hand's still there... finger barely... i decided against surgeory, thats what winter is for. But really I had it wrapped and taped up, once i get the gloves go on I it doesn't bother me much. Theres just not a lot of skin on my first finger.

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Brad, I meant to say something when you came to me for brakes for your buddy...heal up soon man!

sideshowbob

Thanks to all at Nesba.This was my third time with you guys and you never disappoint.It was my first time at Summit and the second session was able to follow a control rider for a couple of laps and it helped a lot.The heat was something but I'll take that over the cold day we did at Mid-Ohio in the spring.

erick1670

sideshowbob;138574 wrote: Thanks to all at Nesba.This was my third time with you guys and you never disappoint.It was my first time at Summit and the second session was able to follow a control rider for a couple of laps and it helped a lot.The heat was something but I'll take that over the cold day we did at Mid-Ohio in the spring.
Dude, I was there at Mid-Ohio just the first session was a bit cold then warm up... It was the track surfice that took a while to warm up, by the 3rd session was good and then I started to have fun:D, it was great.