Summit point

MARK65

Went to SP main yesterday with TPM.Only problem is they cancelled the Main and switched to Shanadoah because they said the conditions at main where to bad ?????Any updates

EngineNoO9

Shenandoah isn't bad. NESBA won't run it because it's very difficult for the CRs to look over their shoulders there at traffic. Safety wise it doesn't bother me anymore then summit main

Katie785

Hmm.. that's the first time i heard that. I'm not speaking for nesba in any way, but from what i have seen/heard - the walls are too close. Its not safe enough for nesba to run there. Its not safe enough for stt or wera to run there. TPM and CCS are the only ones who do .. i have seen many many helicopter rides come from there.
-------
Summit wasnt THAT bad last time i was there (last weekend) it was completely fine for a track day. This has been discussed WAY too many times by now. When something is done, be sure Nesba admins will be the first to post up the results because they will be just as excited at the termination of these posts as I will.

snikwad

the important issue is main is fuctup enough for them to switch tracks. that could mean its really realy uber horrible.

ta2kutz

yeah from what ive seen with lap times going down i think it isnt too bad. id rather hit some ripples and dump then hit a wall

beevan217

My view of "bad" wasn't from personal experience, I haven't been on Main since May '07. It became an issue for me after looking at MagicRat's video of Drew's crash. The slow motion one in particular. It seems like there was a "good" line further away from the apex where the rider Drew was passing was on. I am by NO MEANS anywhere near as fast as him or maybe even his next door neighbor but, the visual of the turn's condition was somewhat unsettling. I still want to ride Main & will get my days for the 9/13 & 14 double (if still available). Seems like to me that if enough people say they believe in the Boogeyman, maybe he exists.

I personally, will no longer comment or post regarding the conditions of a track I haven't even been on. Only adds to the propaganda & rumors of being "unsafe". If the admins deem its safe, then I trust them enough to ride. They've been straight with me since I joined. Just my opinion on this matter.

:saythat:

MARK65

SP

I was just passing on info.I was at Main last time with Nesba and also thought that the track was not that bad.Just changed my lines

magic-rat

beevan217;9535 wrote: My view of "bad" wasn't from personal experience, I haven't been on Main since May '07. It became an issue for me after looking at MagicRat's video of Drew's crash. The slow motion one in particular. It seems like there was a "good" line further away from the apex where the rider Drew was passing was on. I am by NO MEANS anywhere near as fast as him or maybe even his next door neighbor but, the visual of the turn's condition was somewhat unsettling. I still want to ride Main & will get my days for the 9/13 & 14 double (if still available). Seems like to me that if enough people say they believe in the Boogeyman, maybe he exists.

I personally, will no longer comment or post regarding the conditions of a track I haven't even been on. Only adds to the propaganda & rumors of being "unsafe". If the admins deem its safe, then I trust them enough to ride. They've been straight with me since I joined. Just my opinion on this matter.

:saythat:
I'm not a racer ... just a track day guy. It's still rideable in my humble opinion. Just gotta take the right lines.

It's harder to negotiate (I even drove off in T1 2 trackdays ago because of it) ... but, that's all part of the learning, I think.

I had hella fun there in mid-JUL. I'll be back out there on the 13th!

Woot!

greytop

we should start a new Summit Point Track Condtition thread...this one is already two pages long...

:banghead:

:dunno:

:popcorn:

magic-rat

greytop;9562 wrote: we should start a new Summit Point Track Condtition thread...this one is already two pages long...

laughup.gif

EngineNoO9

maybe it's just me but I really didn't think shenandoah was that bad as it was pretty slow. only really 1 or 2 turns that bothered me a little. Air fence fixes that though. We didn't run the chicane though and did the bull turn though. My understanding is the chicane adds a messed up little wall into the mix...

NoBull

greytop;9562 wrote: we should start a new Summit Point Track Condtition thread...this one is already two pages long...

Actually, I think Summit Points condition warrants it's own Forum at this point :eek:uttahere:

sooperman12

What I think is funny is that someone complains about the track conditions at Summit and one the responses is inevitably, "Well, [Expert Racer A] and [Amateur Racer B] ran [insert crazy fast time here] on [enter date here]!" Well, that's fantastic for those two riders who are good enough to have consistent lines lap in and lap out. I think TPMs decision to shut Main down probably had to do with them considering who their clientele are, i.e. track day goers from novices to advanced, with the lower end of the spectrum being the major concern.

No one likes to crash. And I'm rocking the B group right now (fo' life at this rate) and would I like a smooth Main? Sure. Could I learn a thing or two on a torn up Main? Absolutely. And I intend to when I go back on the 13th. But let's say I'm concerned about its condition, telling me that two racers can pull down 12s while I'm struggling to get under 35s doesn't mean jack squat when I can't hold my line wide into T1, or any of the other turns except 1 or 2 of them that AREN'T in disrepair.

I guess I'm just saying: Let's not be dumb here. Summit needs to be fixed. Is it unsafe? I think you can say that. I mean, can you say that Drew would have tucked the front if the track didn't have rumble strips in the middle of it? Yeah, he admitted he was coming in a bit hot and didn't want to give up any ground on the dude. But, the fact is, rumble strips in the middle of a corner = not safe. Will it force you to take a tight, accurate line? Sure.

This topic needs to come up over and over again until Summit gets fixed. That's my .50 worth.