Summit point

snikwad

in the event the track is so torn up, would NESBA do as TPM did and move over to say JC :) or is NESBA too hardcore and would cone it off and ride that mofo regardless.

i wouldnt mind JC again, but ive been wanting to hit main for the longest, stretch my legs a lil.

sooperman12

I'm not NESBA staff, but if NESBA deems the track safe, they run it. I've never heard of NESBA canceling an event except for rain. We'll see. The next Main date is the 8th.

crewnutz

Summit is not unsafe right now, it is just bumpy and shitty in some sections.........I want Summit back the way it was last year as much as anyone else, I wouldve voted for them to keep it that way!

saying a racer can run the same times on the pavement as it is now as they were last year is an okay point to bring up

if your struggling to learn something on a certain track then do a different one.......if anything the bumps at Main should help you learn how to maintain a good/smooth line through a corner since you pretty much have to now

and if anyone is that upset about it, voicing your opinion on a forum wont really do much........boycotting Summit until they fixed it would really be the best way

its like people that HATE Wal-Mart but still shop there

alphamale

crewnutz;10959 wrote:
and if anyone is that upset about it, voicing your opinion on a forum wont really do much........boycotting Summit until they fixed it would really be the best way

its like people that HATE Wal-Mart but still shop there
I disagree:

bitching/complaining + boycotting = The best way to get them to do something about it.

The negative press ultimately informs people that don't know already (which hopefully leads to more boycotting). It tells the event organizers why the event is so empty (besides, man the economy really sucks). Then, finally, somebody might realize that it's worth the $$$ to actually fix the pavement.

On the otherhand, I'm sure Beaverun and VIR love to have my business ($$$) in the meantime.

Nate

Yank 521

Control Rider
if i sign up for summit main. i wanna ride it. i rode there with nesba a few week or longer, not sure the date but. shizznit, it was a blast. no i couldnt run my best times but rode my best times for the conditions. can't wait to do it. i'm in if it don't sell-out before i get some more money.

snikwad

The point of bitchin and complaining is to voice our concerns and hope that something is done beforeit has to get to the boycotting stage.

crewnutz

alphamale;10963 wrote: I disagree:

bitching/complaining + boycotting = The best way to get them to do something about it.

The negative press ultimately informs people that don't know already (which hopefully leads to more boycotting). It tells the event organizers why the event is so empty (besides, man the economy really sucks). Then, finally, somebody might realize that it's worth the $$$ to actually fix the pavement.

On the otherhand, I'm sure Beaverun and VIR love to have my business ($$$) in the meantime.

Nate

that makes little to no sense...........leaning more towards none

Summit Main is a track that even when the pavement Sucks it is still a booked event, if the track sees events packed as ever yea they understand the pavement sucks but they sure wont be fixing it until there convenience

so until anyone is prepared to boycott going there until it is repaved seriously stop whining about it

i have quite a few friends that will NOT go there until it is repaved, they are even skipping the last WERA round

Katie785

w00ot lighter grids for me!!! .. seriously though, it was definetly noticed at the summit national with wera.. last year it was the most packed event for summit with wera of the year.. this year, 10 of us entered the 600 superstock class.... last year it was 40-60 (not sure of exact #)

Stillie

crewnutz;11092 wrote: that makes little to no sense...........leaning more towards none

Summit Main is a track that even when the pavement Sucks it is still a booked event, if the track sees events packed as ever yea they understand the pavement sucks but they sure wont be fixing it until there convenience

so until anyone is prepared to boycott going there until it is repaved seriously stop whining about it

i have quite a few friends that will NOT go there until it is repaved, they are even skipping the last WERA round
I'm in the same boat. I'm skipping the last CCS round even if they do a complete repave of the joint. The track has had issues since its inception and it's going to stay that way if we as riders don't stand up and say "We're not going to pay for this anymore." Everytime this conversation starts you always get an older racer who says "Well you should have ridden it back xx year! You don't know how good you have it!" Well guess what old timer. It was jacked up then and 20+ years later, the story remains the same.

Don't get me wrong, I love Summit's layout but there are far to many safety issues in too many parts of the track. The poor pavement only enflames an already festering burn.

The good news is that more tracks within easy driving distance will hopefully force BSR to take appropriate measures to address the issues. Rumor bin also says that the potential next generation of Summit management is interested in doing more bike stuff.

Anyway, rant off. Come on VIR :D

crewnutz

Katie785;11144 wrote: w00ot lighter grids for me!!! .. seriously though, it was definetly noticed at the summit national with wera.. last year it was the most packed event for summit with wera of the year.. this year, 10 of us entered the 600 superstock class.... last year it was 40-60 (not sure of exact #)

as much as I HATE to correct you Katie.........last year there was less than 20 riders in both the 600 SS and SB class at the Summit National

the regionals last year had 40-60 riders not the National...........and I believe the regionals this year also boasted at least 30 riders........

:popcorn: ;)

Katie785

hmmm i wasnt there.. just going on what Justin said.. he told me you could barely find a place to park...must have been the expert class so booked up.. but still.. 10 rider in CSS?? crazy

Macon663

The CCS regional round was still pretty packed w/ people when we did it on the crappy pavement in July. At least 35-40 people. Though I do know a lot of fast guys who didn't race it b/c of the conditions.

sooperman12

Just came back from NJMP Thunderbolt.

For just a little less than an hour more drive time, this track blows Summit out of the water. Everything about it is top-notch. You have an event site that is looking to cater some major events (not just TDs, but races of all kinds). For that little more of a drive and for $150, there's ABSOLUTELY no reason to run Main every again in the conditions it's in. I'm actually thinking about refunding my Main date in September for once you taste steak, you can't go back to hot dogs.

Summit needs to be fixed. It's unsafe. It's down right crappy.

JohnS

sooperman12;11200 wrote: Just came back from NJMP Thunderbolt.

I'm actually thinking about refunding my Main date in September for once you taste steak, you can't go back to hot dogs.

I already cancelled summit a month ago to sign up for NJMSP instead

cannon

crewnutz;11162 wrote: as much as I HATE to correct you Katie.........last year there was less than 20 riders in both the 600 SS and SB class at the Summit National

the regionals last year had 40-60 riders not the National...........and I believe the regionals this year also boasted at least 30 riders........

:popcorn: ;)
Check out mylaps to verify entries... WERA hasn't had 40+riders enter a single race at Summit in at least a year. Maybe ONE had 30+!!! I know the April 07 WERA round had over 35 entrants but the whole "40-60 rider" stuff is heavily exaggerated and you hear it or read it on a regular basis, lol!

Now the CCS races... GYAT DAMMMMMMNNNN!!! When u watch their races, the first thing I think is...

"WHAT RECESSION????"

Overall, this whole year has had less entrants but I will say that more riders are "riding up" in the 1000cc classes while on 600's and 750's.

squirrel211

cannon;11207 wrote: Check out mylaps to verify entries... WERA hasn't had 40+riders enter a single race at Summit in at least a year. Maybe ONE had 30+!!! I know the April 07 WERA round had over 35 entrants but the whole "40-60 rider" stuff is heavily exaggerated and you hear it or read it on a regular basis, lol!

Now the CCS races... GYAT DAMMMMMMNNNN!!! When u watch their races, the first thing I think is...

"WHAT RECESSION????"

Overall, this whole year has had less entrants but I will say that more riders are "riding up" in the 1000cc classes while on 600's and 750's.

Yeah, I thought there would be less entries in the races, but they're just as packed if not MORE packed. And to make it even crazier, everyone's a lot faster!!! My laptimes from Memorial Day weekend at the CCS races at Summit were good enough to get me 31st, 30th, 27th and 26th places in all of my MW entries. If I had run those same times in 2007 I would have been in the top 15 - top 10!!!! :wow:

(Of course I did start from the back of the 2nd wave, so there are a few people who finished ahead of me that had longer elapsed times for their total race distances.... I'm not sure how that happens, but it's true)

About the pavement; I honestly don't believe Summit management is doing this shit on purpose. That is stupid. If they weren't interested in making the track better, they wouldn't have repaved it last year to begin with. They would have kept their money and left the track alone. Enough with the boycotting talk; it's a day late and a dollar short anyway, since they're currently trying to get the place repaved again. :second: