Team Pro-Motion

HECK3086

I see that Team Pro-Motion is something similiar to NESBA.

I found what they have to offer very interesting and something that caught my eye is that I plan on doing trackdays but most of them will be done at NJMP most likely at Thunderbolt.

I know most of you may have a bias opinion, but I would like to know what the difference is between the 2 organization (keep it objective).

I like the fact that they have alot more NJMP track days booked then NESBA.

EDIT: I'm fairly new to the track scene so please, no flaming needed! Just trying to fill my head with knowledge

Team Pro-Motion (28 NJMP EVENTS), NESBA (16 NJMP EVENTS)

Motofun352

Control Rider
Why not do both???
NESBA is great, my choice when feasible...but the dates are key due to work and family plan conflicts. As far as which track to go to, The travel costs can be as much as the trackday costs, so stick to a close track if that's what it takes. Personally, I like going to as many different tracks as I can.

daddyo

I plan on trying out acouple of other orgs, even though I'm very happy with Nesba. There are two tracks near me they dont even use. I dont expect much, bu I'll still have fun.

fclark00

I just did a day with them at thunderbolt. There was a redflag every session of the morning and into the afternoon. At one point they had to stop the sessions because they ran out of emergency vehicles. I know sometimes this just happens but it had a lot to do with the wide range of skills within one group. They had their art group going out with the beginners before they'd release the regular beginners. So there would be 30 or 40 bikes stuck behind guys doing 45mph on the track. It was a crash fest. One of the red flags in intermediete the TPM guy actually ran on the track and waved the flag at all of us. Three bikes almost hit him. There is definitely a bigger range of skills within each group in tpm. The fact that it's a free for all on the track too is kind of scary when there are 50 bikes in each group. I've never seen that many people taken to the hospital before in one day. Two guys were in critical condition and they don't know if they are going to make it. I've done tpm days in the past and they were fine but this was just crazy.

crewnutz

so you come on to a NESBA owned forum and ask how another trackday company is? :rolleyes:

TPM does not even compare to NESBA

NESBA offers a better quality trackday........more benefits to members for less $$$............high quality coaches to work with throughout the day

by all means do whatever fits your schedule best and allows you to get out and enjoy the sport the most but NESBA is better

betarace

fleacircuspromo3.jpg

arhale09

I've never done a TPM day, but the policy of allowing riders to place themselves into any group they like seems pretty suspect to me. The word clusterf#ck has been used on several occasions before this thread. Having said that, the beginner classes seem like a great idea, and there are a number of people here who ride with all the orgs without incident. Some people apparently even prefer TPM and STT. At the end of the day, if they can get you onto the track when you have the time, give them a shot.

HECK3086

crewnutz;57447 wrote: so you come on to a NESBA owned forum and ask how another trackday company is? :rolleyes:

TPM does not even compare to NESBA

NESBA offers a better quality trackday........more benefits to members for less $$$............high quality coaches to work with throughout the day

by all means do whatever fits your schedule best and allows you to get out and enjoy the sport the most but NESBA is better
homsh;57524 wrote:
Must restrain self....:banghead:
To both of you...what are your expereinces with TPM?

I appreciate all the info of those that had something valuable to say. And I agree that 2 different groups in one session does seem a bit wierd and unsafe. As for this year I'm going to stick with NESBA, but I will definitely look into TRM in the future.

mugenej8power

I did two trackdays with them last year, and didn't have a problem. They're great people. I don't know how they compare to NESBA though I haven't done a NESBA trackday yet.

nydude2000

NESBA and TPM

I like them both and have done a bunch of track days with both. Both have their plus and minus things.
I actually like that you can choose between beginner and intermediate in TPM. I am on the middle end i guess in the intermediate grp in TPM but find that the passes in that grp in general are clean and nice and rarely do I have a problem, and although I am not "fast" I don't seem to cause any issues for others in that group Not so in the beginner group in NESBA. Way to divergent skill level in that group i think. Much more so that at TPM and I think that causes problems at times. Also the control riders there tend to spend most time with the more skilled riders looking to move up...can't really comment on int. and adv groups in NESBA
Coaches/control riders are good in both groups. I have had coaches at TPM take me around the track without me asking and give me feedback. I must say that has not happened with NESBA (but if you ask they always are available). Both sets of coaches seem pretty knowledgeable and friendly.
Both groups are friendly and seem pretty well run. If you have a "race day" with TPM that can cut into track time some..although it isn't suppose too.
I def don't want to plug another club on the NESBA forum My days with NESBA have been consistent and good. I was nervous about TPM with all that I had heard but it seems their track days are ok too. Seems to just give more options for NJMP :)

ThisEndUp

I've done 6 track days with TPM this season. I will be riding with STT and NYSBC in the coming weeks. NESBA will be 6/1 @ NJMP.

My opinion of TPM is that they do pack 'em in (50 to a group). This past Saturday was a little hectic, as previously noted, lots of red flags.......crashes. The fact that Glen only hires one ambulance doesn't make the day progress any faster. We all have to sit and wait for the ambulance to return to continue our day.
I'd love to see them actually do a little on track supervision (just a little, for safety's sake). This is primarily a problem in the beginner group. Even in the middle group though, you get a few guys who'll bite off more than they can chew. It concerns me when they put others safety at risk when doing so. I imagine this happens in other clubs as well.

I try and make it a point to meet the other guys in the group I'll be riding with, regardless of what club I'm riding in. If they're there the night before the track day, as I usually am, I'll break bread with 'em (o.k., not so much bread....but beer). If we all kinda know each other and are friendly....perhaps we'll all respect each other out on the track. One big happy family, so to speak. O.K., everyone join hands and sing 'Cumbaya' . ;)

ktuso27

I ride with both orgs and I think both are great. NESBA does have more rules on passing and does try to police bad on-track behavior more than TPM. However once on the track I find that there's always riders out there doing whatever they want and making bad choices and unsafe passes etc. I guess its the nature of the sport and we all sign the liability release form so it is what it is. I will continue to ride with both because track time is track time.

justariot66

My God the search button is in the right part of the screen.

Anyway TPM is fine but Nesba is better, there is no comparison in my opinion. I rode with tpm for 7 years and nesba for 2 and when I can will run nesba first.
First of all TPM is rediculous with its membership levels if I need a slide rule to figure out what pla works best for me with the amount of days I run then its too much BS.
Glen is a nice guy whoom I have always liked some of his asswipe coaches are well asswipes. I have not seen some many noses up one persons butt ever.
Nesba is a faster ORG then TPM I was upper blue now I am upper "I" Blue is there faste group.

2 more things about TPM I dont know if they still do it but it used to piss me off when they ran an overflow red group or two white groups its just too heavy on the penny pinching for me.
Also I became friendly with some of the people there but Dave Gallo is a Deuche once I crashed at pocono and he pulls up in the crash truck with his ratty pony tail and second hand clothes and laughs at me for wrecking.

Hey I might bust chops but at THAT moment and time it was really unprofessional.

Dave #66
Proud Southeast nesba member

Snow

I run with both groups and here are the differences that I see. NESBA is more organized and better run, examples. 1) Riders meetings with NESBA have a agenda things are explained, clear, and consistent. TMP seems to be more of a discussion during the riders meeting, something's are over looked like passing rules, entering the track from the pits, and flags. 2) If you need your tires changed with NESBA it will get done in a timely manner first thing in the morning. Once with TMP I had to wait 2 hours, and no it wasn't busy, just me and another guy needed tires changed, I missed my first session. NESBA members are also faster, have greater skill, and have pride in the group they belong to. What I've noticed is that a fast NESBA "I" group rider is a TMP "A" group rider.
But take all that for what it's worth to me seat time is seat time NESBA's is just better quality. It's like watching regular TV compared to HDTV.

ERB68

fclark00;57433 wrote: I just did a day with them at thunderbolt. There was a redflag every session of the morning and into the afternoon. At one point they had to stop the sessions because they ran out of emergency vehicles. I know sometimes this just happens but it had a lot to do with the wide range of skills within one group. They had their art group going out with the beginners before they'd release the regular beginners. So there would be 30 or 40 bikes stuck behind guys doing 45mph on the track. It was a crash fest. One of the red flags in intermediete the TPM guy actually ran on the track and waved the flag at all of us. Three bikes almost hit him. There is definitely a bigger range of skills within each group in tpm. The fact that it's a free for all on the track too is kind of scary when there are 50 bikes in each group. I've never seen that many people taken to the hospital before in one day. Two guys were in critical condition and they don't know if they are going to make it. I've done tpm days in the past and they were fine but this was just crazy.
I have heard this about all the different org's. As much as I want to believe the org is watching out for me, I can't blame them for the mistakes of the riders. They have NO control over what the riders do at speed. One can only hope the message of safe/comfortable pace comes threw.

Ride in control, good luck

Wraith

Ray is off to RRR. He will get back to you. I know what he is :argh:restraining from, so be patient.
He likes to choose his words carefully and not shoot from the hip.:haha::shutit:

psychocycle

Wraith;58511 wrote: Ray is off to RRR. He will get back to you. I know what he is :argh:restraining from, so be patient.
He likes to choose his words carefully and not shoot from the hip.:haha::shutit:

I always love hearing his stories of other organizations.:asleep:

rxpusher

man... don't tell me this now.... I just signed on for 2 track days with pro-motion (July 4th weekend) with ART school II...