Team Pro-Motion

Bifferone

TPM is for-profit
NESBA is not-for-profit

This one difference is a major driving force in all of the decision making.

I have done both organizations and IMO,it all depends on who shows up to the track day. Been in I group and blitzed the field all day. The next day, the pace was much faster. Seen many red flags with both groups.

Meat

justariot66;57685 wrote: My God the search button is in the right part of the screen.
I will be happy when this latest trend for bashing (making fun of, hassling, whatever you want to call it) people, because they want to discus something that has already been discussed, is over.

If you don't want to comment on something you can search for, don't comment. But why would you hassle someone about searching and then chime in with a lengthy response on the same subject you told him to search for?

physicistkev

Control Rider
So I have never been with TPM but I have been to many other track days with other entities. For example I used to work at a shop that did 3 or 4 trackdays a year. The ABSOLUTE biggest difference is the consistency of a NESBA day. The riders meetings, start times, access to tire changes, access to accessories, access to CR's... are almost identical for each day with NESBA. There will be days where they can be different, but that is an extreemly rare occurrence.

My point is I know what is coming when I show up in the paddock for a NESBA event. Very rarely do I not get what is expected. This is true, even when you go to different regions, and you have completely different NESBA people running the show. That is why I like this org and choose to spend my money here.

This is backed up by the one NESBA event, that I know of, that is not run by NESBA people. Jennings, in FL, that's not on the schedule anymore ;). People used to complain about NESBA events at this track. I think that was done because NESBA didn't really have any control over the event. NESBA people would show up and not get what they are expecting from a NESBA event.

ERB68

This is backed up by the one NESBA event, that I know of, that is not run by NESBA people. Jennings, in FL, that's not on the schedule anymore . People used to complain about NESBA events at this track. I think that was done because NESBA didn't really have any control over the event. NESBA people would show up and not get what they are expecting from a NESBA event.
I can see how that could be.

I went to Jennings with some friends and came away thinking nice track, poorly run track day.

I believe it was run by Jennings themselves. No tech inspection :wow: only 2 CR's pr/group:doh: and no passing rules for the "I" group.

crewnutz

Nonprofit corporations, despite the name, can make a profit, but the business cannot be designed primarily for profit-making purposes, and the profits must be used for the benefit of the organization or purpose the corporation was created to help.

Morph

Control Rider
crewnutz;58582 wrote: Nonprofit corporations, despite the name, can make a profit, but the business cannot be designed primarily for profit-making purposes, and the profits must be used for the benefit of the organization or purpose the corporation was created to help.
Ergo...free rain insurance, free mech insurance. Free as in free not you pay extra and get some back. ....Just saying

crewnutz

Morph;58584 wrote: Ergo...free rain insurance, free mech insurance. Free as in free not you pay extra and get some back. ....Just saying

go ride with TPM and see all the extra fees they charge you for stuff like that

and then look at the giant big rig they take to every track

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
crewnutz;58582 wrote: Nonprofit corporations, despite the name, can make a profit, but the business cannot be designed primarily for profit-making purposes, and the profits must be used for the benefit of the organization or purpose the corporation was created to help.
Ah, yeah, thanks for the definition, it was escaping me. I knew non-profits could make some profit, but there's limits on how much and what you do with it.

hank

Personally, I much prefer NESBA for many, many reasons, but TPM does have a lot of dates at NJMP... :(

Nesba

we can change the amount of dates if you like...just tell doyer and bobby g they need to stop working. :)

EngineNoO9

hank;58596 wrote: Personally, I much prefer NESBA for many, many reasons, but TPM does have a lot of dates at NJMP... :(

That's mainly cause TPM signed some contract to be the "official" trackday org of there even though several others do. Least it isn't like Mid-Ohio where I think only STT can run at due to some contract.

mike574

ThisEndUp;57608 wrote: The fact that Glen only hires one ambulance doesn't make the day progress any faster. We all have to sit and wait for the ambulance to return to continue our day)
There was not only one ambulence there on saturday. They had 2 it was just that there was so may crashes saturday that at times both were on their way to the hospital or to the chopper. Saturday was just a really bad day. Sunday was completely diffrent. Saturday was not TPM's fault it was the riders riding it was uguly out there so I just took it easy all day.

hank

mike574;58683 wrote: There was not only one ambulence there on saturday. They had 2
Yup - last Saturday there were 2, on other dates I have been there only 1 was on call. It might depend on how crowded the groups are. Saturday was really crowded which probably didn't help the crash-fest results.

rk97

EngineNoO9;58608 wrote: That's mainly cause TPM signed some contract to be the "official" trackday org of there even though several others do. Least it isn't like Mid-Ohio where I think only STT can run at due to some contract.
just you wait until i pass the bar exam in Ohio... we'll see how strong that contract is ;-)

i have no personal axe to grind with STT/Monte/Bonnie - actually, i rather like Monte as a person. I even like Monte as a fellow rider. But i cringe when he (and/or Glen, for that matter) have to stop being 'riders' and put on the 'business owner' hat.

i won't imply that NESBA has no desire to turn a profit and improve the club - but other orgs literally don't eat if they don't make money. how many of the directors would be financially worse-off if NESBA folded? it makes for more altruistic priorities, IMO.

but TPM is still a heck of a deal if you're doing 40 trackdays in 1 summer.

justariot66

If it was such a crash fest did they close the track and have a second talk about safety and the importance of work on monday?

Meat

justariot66;58803 wrote: If it was such a crash fest did they close the track and have a second talk about safety and the importance of work on monday?
Did they also wipe your butt coming out of the bathroom?:wow:

JRA

i won't imply that NESBA has no desire to turn a profit and improve the club - but other orgs literally don't eat if they don't make money. how many of the directors would be financially worse-off if NESBA folded? it makes for more altruistic priorities, IMO.
I can only speak for what I've seen here in the Southeast, but if you could see the "behind the scenes" hard work and dedication that the Directors here put into the club you might re-think opinion.

This is how I see it. Other organizations that are owned by one or two people and run as a for profit business may not get that same dedication from their volunteers because those volunteers are working to enrich and improve the business of those one or two people. They have no stake in it's direction, and usually little or no input in how it's run. Decisions seem to always be made as to what most benefits the business instead of the customers. Within reason, this is exactly opposite at NESBA.

Here at NESBA, the Directors and staff work hard because they love riding, they love the interaction with the other members and helping them improve their riding, and they love seeing their hard work pay off in terms of the clubs growing membership. We all love being a part of something bigger than ourselves. There are numerous formal and informal meetings every weekend where we talk about what we can do to improve the experience for the members. Often this is safety related, but we also talk about ways to improve the club for the members in general. I've never really seen this kind of dedication from employees in the real world, but I have observed it elsewhere from people who do charity work and really believe in a cause. I guess you could say the same thing about the NESBA staff...we really believe in the cause, and I think that makes us better.

It's my observation that everybody here gives 100% effort to make the club the best it can be.