Team Pro-Motion

justariot66

Meat how is it that calling another riders meeting to calm down stupidity, the same as wiping my ass in the bathroom.
If your going to make a valid comment or try to make a funny comment, do at least one if not both.

Dave #66

Meat

justariot66;58874 wrote: Meat how is it that calling another riders meeting to calm down stupidity, the same as wiping my ass in the bathroom.
If your going to make a valid comment or try to make a funny comment, do at least one if not both.

Dave #66
Sorry Dave. I guess I was doing a little of both.

I very much appreciate a safe track and lots of track time. I would think things would really have to get out of control to stop everyone from riding to tell them to take it easy. Yes, I can see the possibility of it being appropriate, but it would have to be a pretty extreme situation.

Riding on the track is dangerous, pretty obvious to everyone. I have only been at a track one time that the organizers had a word with everyone during lunch. They did not stop track time to do it.

Track days do not get out of control with nesba because they (CR's) control the traffic and riders just enough to keep everyone safe.

I feel as though it should be the very last resort to call such a meeting as such a meeting admits failure to control the track by other means. Not saying that a quality track organization (I have no idea if nesba has done this before, so don't get your panties in a bunch) can't loose control sometimes, because they can. I am saying things would have to get pretty extreme to halt all operations to have a meeting.

Insaneman1731

Meat;58880 wrote: Sorry Dave. I guess I was doing a little of both.

I very much appreciate a safe track and lots of track time. I would think things would really have to get out of control to stop everyone from riding to tell them to take it easy. Yes, I can see the possibility of it being appropriate, but it would have to be a pretty extreme situation.

Riding on the track is dangerous, pretty obvious to everyone. I have only been at a track one time that the organizers had a word with everyone during lunch. They did not stop track time to do it.

Track days do not get out of control with nesba because they (CR's) control the traffic and riders just enough to keep everyone safe.

I feel as though it should be the very last resort to call such a meeting as such a meeting admits failure to control the track by other means. Not saying that a quality track organization (I have no idea if nesba has done this before, so don't get your panties in a bunch) can't loose control sometimes, because they can. I am saying things would have to get pretty extreme to halt all operations to have a meeting.
That has already happened once this year..at a nesba event.

justariot66

I was not at the nesba event when it happened but at TPM I was there and I have to say it helped tremendously.
listen I hate all the baby bullshit but as i said before some people have physical jobs and cant work with a broken leg.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Last week at CMP, they called a quickie rider meeting at the end of lunch to reiterate things, all due to a few people passing like dumb asses and a couple causing others to go off course.

The rest of the day went pretty good.

That was a US Desmo event, not NESBA.

GoodKnight

rxpusher, I sincerely hope you only have 1, maybe 2 days of track riding under your belt. Otherwise, you're going to be very disappointed with Art II.

I rode it after having a few days under me, and really it's for novice-novice riders. What a waste of money it was. They taught what a braking point was, what a good line meant, etc. The on-track "help" was minimal at best.

I ride with both nesba and tpm, am a solid Intermediate rider with nesba, and can tell you flat out the level of riders in nesba's I group is significantly better than tpm's red group. There are some riders in tpm's intermediate group who simply do not belong there in terms of speed or predicatibility.

I will say that their coaches can be very friendly, but they also tend to be a little on the cliquey side.

Finally, there's a reason you'll see a lot of bikes with tpm blue sticker also wearing nesba I stickers. You'll never see a nesba A sticker next to a tpm red sticker.

ThisEndUp

hank;58743 wrote: Yup - last Saturday there were 2, on other dates I have been there only 1 was on call. It might depend on how crowded the groups are. Saturday was really crowded which probably didn't help the crash-fest results.
That's why I'm pushing you to do more week day events. Saturdays are crazy.

....and yes.....NESBA book more events at NJMP. ....and Pocono (well, not that many at Pocono, just a few more).

msanna

FWIW, I've ridden with both and can tell you the biggest difference that I noticed other than the extremely funny and nice, yet incompetent track marshall, is that TPM seems more like a bunch of friends out riding. No regard for others safety and it seemed like everyone just wanted to be the fastest guy.
Don't get me wrong, you get that in every Org, but its almost encouraged to a point there.

Here's my experience. Summit Point, Shenendoah, coming down the main straight tailing a CR, he lets off the gas completely and sits up just before turn 1...i just about a$$-pack him, end up diving to the inside and almost ran him off the track.
Drawing off my Nesba experience, I all but pretended to cry when I approached the CR afterwards to apologize for stuffing him...he looks at me and says..."Oh I dont give a sh!t, its cool man"

Now..take what you will from that, but I can tell you that if that were Lenny, or any number of other CR's, you'd be getting an earful at the very least. And me personally, I'd prefer that, to at least show me that your looking out for the welfare of the other riders.

Again, the guys at TPM are all extremely nice people, very funny guys and very down to earth, just didnt seem like they were there for the same reasons as the Nesba CR's.

fclark00

msanna;59250 wrote: FWIW, I've ridden with both and can tell you the biggest difference that I noticed other than the extremely funny and nice, yet incompetent track marshall,

I've never seen anyone run out onto a track until I rode with TPM...50 bikes on the track and the track marshall runs out to the middle of main strait to show us the red flag TWICE!!!!! I was all over the track trying to avoid hitting him while at the same time trying to avoid the other riders trying not to hit him. we're doing 150 down that strait. Then I tell him hey I almost hit you when you ran out on the track and he gets mad at me and tells me he's a professional and he knows how to not get hit. I barely missed him and almost lost my bike trying to avoid him. I know the guy in front of me was freaking out cuz he was even closer to him.

ThisEndUp

msanna;59250 wrote: FWIW, I've ridden with both and can tell you the biggest difference that I noticed other than the extremely funny and nice, yet incompetent track marshall, is that TPM seems more like a bunch of friends out riding. No regard for others safety and it seemed like everyone just wanted to be the fastest guy.
Don't get me wrong, you get that in every Org, but its almost encouraged to a point there.
Which is why I start out near the back of the pack. 'Let the fast guys or wannabes be at the opposite side of the track than me. If I gauge it correctly.....I'm riding all by myself for most of the session.
Nirvana.

That safety comment was quite a generalization. There's always guys out there who pull dick head moves and possibly cause crashes. I really don't think we are all reckless.

divein295

fclark00;59273 wrote: I've never seen anyone run out onto a track until I rode with TPM...50 bikes on the track and the track marshall runs out to the middle of main strait to show us the red flag TWICE!!!!! .

You were shown a RED flag not once but TWICE and you were not "off the pace" or needless to say after the first red flag .. off the track??? Gee no wonder Nesba control riders have to yell at their riders they are a bunch of idiots.

ThisEndUp

This is getting ugly.

Let's just put it out there that no matter what club you're riding with, you've got to be heads up and in the game. Advise others to do the same. Be safe, have fun.

fclark00

divein295;59330 wrote: You were shown a RED flag not once but TWICE and you were not "off the pace" or needless to say after the first red flag .. off the track??? Gee no wonder Nesba control riders have to yell at their riders they are a bunch of idiots.
No... there were two separate redflags in two separate sessions. The first crash occurred in turn one and I was just approaching that turn right when the flag came up. This was seconds after the crash. No one knew there was a red flag. The track marshall was the first two show it to us and he ran out on the track instead of waving it from his station. Also the guy who crashed was off the track and so was his bike. There was no reason for the marshall to come on the track. We were already beyond pit out so we had to go around the track again.

antpzd0tf8.jpg

fclark00

respect_my_authorota;59386 wrote:
antpzd0tf8.jpg
I guess you are not paying attention very well. It wasn't that we didn't see this guy. We did see him and then he ran on the track. the second the red flag comes out the guy holding it runs in front of your bike. Thats just stupid. We all saw him there was no need to run out on the track. I can't tell you how many bikes flew past this guy on both sides. Everyone was scrambling to miss him. there was no need we saw the red flag and were starting to drop off pace and this guy runs out in front of us.