They say smooth = speed. Looking for smoothest #

Mr Windle

hey all, just wanted to get my first post up... and i figured id ask for an answer to the biggest issue i have right now.

Im set up for BHF on July 2, but i havnt decided on a # yet. Clearly 001 is the fastest #, but NESBA wont accept it :mad:

Any suggestions, for a # or just general noob track day suggestions, would be appreciated.

Mr Windle

oh, I hear that there is camping allowed at BHF, correct? Is that Fri and Sat night? Is there alcohol allowed? I'll be going with a few friends, can they bring alcohol to drink or is the track "dry"? Grills/campfires/acoustic guitar kumbaya sessions allowed?

Mikey75702

Not sure about camping at that track... Most are cool with it. Beer is great as long as no bikes are on the track. I don't think any tracks have rules against alcohol after hours.

Grills are cool, don't think any tracks here in the mid Atlantic allow campfires, not sure about the mid west... And singing would probably be ok if you don't do it during sleep hours.

As for numbers, puck something special to you, or just randomly pick one... Nesba only has a small limitation on which ones aren't allowed. I think its any 3 digit #, but its clearly defined in the rule book last I read it.

Oh, and WELCOME.

rk97

A guy came into the tech shed at a WERA event to register for the riders' school. The woman at registration asked what number he wanted, and he said, "1."

She paused a second, looked up from her paperwork, and said, "then you better ride fast. Until then, you're 317." (the date was March 17th) He's still 317, I believe.

The riders' manual should have all your answers regarding numbers, but I am fairly certain 0-9 are not allowed. Be 111 if you're looking for something easy to make with electrical tape. A friend of mine is still 171, or 711 or something similar for that very reason, and he's been track riding longer than I have :D

The tracks themselves have different camping, drinking, and fire policies. Nearly every race track HAS to say "no alcoholic beverages allowed" for liability purposes. And obviously 1 sip means you are DONE for the day. It was explained to me as "when you drink, you're done. But when you're done, you drink."

If your friends want to drink while you ride, it is unlikely that anyone is going to hassle them about it as long as they are discreet. All that means is have a solo cup, and don't be obnoxious. I would also emphasize that the appearance of impropriety can be just as damaging as actual indiscretion. Don't let your buddies have beer cans sitting on the card table in your pit, or the cup-holder of your chair. You don't want anyone even THINKING that you might be the one drinking if you're also the one riding.

Camping rules should be posted on the track website. Track marshal Mike at BeaveRun brought us firewood, and laughed when Todd busted out the metal fire pit. He said we would have been fine just making a fire in the gravel, off the road. Other tracks may not be that loose about things.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
What rk said. However, I do only disagree with the drinking part. I don't think anyone, even non-riders, should be drinking during the hours bikes are on course, discreet or not. In my opinion, it makes it too easy for a rider to take "just a sip". Big no-no. Although, I do not know what nesba's official position on this is. Hopefully a CR or director will chime in.

And to add if your friends are or look drunk the pits are pretty busy during the track day. Be a shame if they stepped into a riders path as they are getting ready to go out. Not a place to party during the day. At night, be respectful, but they can tie one on LOL!

BZ

gkotlin

Welcome. Yes, camping is welcome at Blackhawk. Gates are open 24/7 so you can get in when you get in to town. Guests are welcome. Alcohol is a permitted celebratory drink for a fun day. Just keep it under control. No alcohol and motor vehicles or pit bikes please.

You can choose any number you like between 11 and 999. Duplicate numbers are allowed, so choose your favorite number. If you want #1, you either need to write a very big check to the owner or if you can out run Mr. Feddersen, Mr. Hix or Mr. Blume, we might make an exception for the day :)

Go over you bike and make sure it's up for the task. Be sure to read the riders manual on line. Get a good nights rest with minimal alcohol the night before. You'll be exhausted after your first day. Come with an open mind, ready to have fun and learn.

I hear the speaker at this weekends B group meetings is very entertaining and knowledgeable. Some might even say very handsome. See you there.

dlockhart5x

gkotlin;198511 wrote: .

I hear the speaker at this weekends B group meetings is very entertaining and knowledgeable. Some might even say very handsome. See you there.
Sklossmonsters coming back? :haha: :D

gkotlin

rk97;198512 wrote: I can't drink during the day, or my coolers get too light and my canopy blows awayNow that was funny!

Bubba Zanetti;198513 wrote: ^^^^ And he makes nice decals, enjoys long walks on the beach, pina coladas and being caught in the rain;)

BZ
Did I post that on this forum? For probably 3 weeks, 6 months ago, I heard that song 3 times a day! It was nuts. Have you ever listened to the lyrics to that song.

Though I must admit, I do like my fruity drinks. (I have a feeling a photoshopped photo will pop up now)

dlockhart5x;198514 wrote:
Sklossmonsters coming back? :haha:
Ouch... I used to like you. :nutkick:

I'll pretend you didn't say that if you share some Aprilia heads :)

kubricky

Control Rider
Director
Hey folks just a note -- No drinking while the track is green. This isn't an ignorance is an excuse item -- it is taken seriously. Further, while the giant red solo cup is great for a stroll down anytown main street USA, please have enough respect for the folks who have repsonsibility in running the event and YOUR FELLOW RIDERS to drink water and gatorade and not alcohol during the day while thinking you are hiding it in a cup. If there are questions, feel free to email me and I will explain further - though I don't see where an explanation should be necessary.

cooker1

Mr Windle;198500 wrote: oh, I hear that there is camping allowed at BHF, correct? Is that Fri and Sat night? Is there alcohol allowed? I'll be going with a few friends, can they bring alcohol to drink or is the track "dry"? Grills/campfires/acoustic guitar kumbaya sessions allowed?
NO KUMBAYA sessions but you can play your guitar ! Make sure you bring plenty of water ,gatorade etc . and not just beer you are going to need it sat. and sun between sessions !

geekmug

gkotlin;198524 wrote: Though I must admit, I do like my fruity drinks. (I have a feeling a photoshopped photo will pop up now)
That's a nice cover story for this..

gregk.jpg

Mr Windle

QUOTE=gkotlin;198511]You can choose any number you like between 11 and 999. Duplicate numbers are allowed, so choose your favorite number. If you want #1, you either need to write a very big check to the owner or if you can out run Mr. Feddersen, Mr. Hix or Mr. Blume, we might make an exception for the day :)
I dont think I'll be outrunning anyone on my bike unless im the only one on the track that gets to use a motorized vehicle lol. I like the 1s and 7s idea though. I went to a big-box hardware store to look for some # stickers. They had some for mailboxes but they were not even close to 6" height. So using electrical tape may be my plan.

Thanks for the Director input too!

Sounds like its gonna be a blast!! Happy 4th. I'll bring the good stuff, snakes n' sparklers!!

rk97

6" is more of a suggestion than a rule. Just make them big enough so that they can be seen. a nice white or blue painter's tape background helps with visibility.

Pretty sure my numbers are 5" or 4.5" even, and they're WERA legal. That's a lot more strict than NESBA's requirements.

Hitman954

there you go #822 stands for TBA the best band in the world. Glad I could help that will be $25.00 paid directly to the airfence fund.

Kegger

gkotlin;198511 wrote:
Good lord help us.

gkotlin;198524 said:
Now that was funny!

Did I post that on this forum? For probably 3 weeks, 6 months ago, I heard that song 3 times a day! It was nuts. Have you ever listened to the lyrics to that song.

Though I must admit, I do like my fruity drinks. (I have a feeling a photoshopped photo will pop up now)

Oh, I've heard the lyrics and the song too many times. Its one of those songs that is like cancer. It gets in your mind and eats everything. The only way to escape it or get it out is a bullet! :p

BZ