Tip In

motorkas

I don't take anybody seriously who rides an SV and is afraid of Summit Jeff. . .:D

OH SNAP! LMAO!

In a Goodfellas way:

Whoa Kas!!!

You gonna take that Dave? You gonna let him get away with that? Whats this world coming to LOL?!

Thats right Kas, don't shit from nobody, have a drink on me.

(Suddenly in the new light build at JC BWWWAAAAA her comes the SV on the outside with Dave's finger raised at Kas.

BZ

Believe me, JC is the least of our concerns. . .it's the big tracks where it's particularly embarrassing. . .:). To the OP - something else to consider about your different "points" - I can't remember where I heard it but it did make sense to me at the time. . .besides having "braking" "turn in" "apex" and "exit points" . . .there can also be a "end braking" point" essentially, not only do you know where you start braking for the turn every time, but also where you are done braking for the turn everytime (for example the clearest "end braking point for me is the "dip" going to into 3 at Tbolt. . .it serves two purposes for me. . .1) it lets me know I should be off the brakes and my speed should be set for the chicane and 2) if I'm off the brakes before the dip, I instantly know I just gave up speed going into it. Another great one is Summit Main that was taught to me that last time I was there. . .don't let off the gas and start braking until you feel the elevation change going downhill into T10. . .which is pretty cool because until I was told that, I didn't realize you could use elevation changes as markers.

To date, here's my favorite set of pics. . .it shows a ton of stuff. . .trail braking into the turn (look at their fingers in the first two pics), the point where they're both off the brakes (if you look, they're on the brakes with no curbing, still on the brakes when they hit the first part of the curbing (it's skinny) and off the brakes by the time the curbing gets "wide" (you can see where that starts to happen in the second pic above Dave's front wheel), different lines through the same turn based upon corner speed, why you shouldn't look at the rider you're trying to pass but at the track and your points, having your max lean angle entering the turn so you can get on the gas early coming out. . . just how hard a SV can push a big bike. . .:D

Thanks Jimmy and Kas. I miss my track family.

BZ

Can't wait to have you back brother!!!!!!

Kas, I would not be embarrassed. Its just reality that every rider I know who has gone to a smaller bike (SV650, 2T, nice FZR400) have all said the same thing. "I should have down this years ago". I have learned more on a small bike that I ever did on my 750.

God willing, see ya soon.

BZ

and to add to the OP, as I don't think this has been said yet: You can turn in a motorcycle much faster than most people realize.

That is something I have struggled with and still do at times.

BZ

what happened to my topic? hahahahah

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Shinobi:

Sorry Brother, when some of us 'old timers' chime in we are notorious for de-railing a thread:p.

You asked a great question and if you ignore us morons and our bantering their is great information in here. Not sure what group you ride in but the single thing that always changed all variables when riding on the track is "speed". The faster you go changes everything you do. Brake markers change, turn-in spot changes, it all changes and I think Dave already said that.

Have fun out their and be safe. Hope to see you at the track at some point.

BZ

Shinobi

Just being sarcastic Bubba.....ride Intermediate, yep cu around for sure

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Shinobi

Just being sarcastic Bubba.....ride Intermediate, yep cu around for sure

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Shinobi

MCE Insurance BSB Superbikes at Cadwell Park is on tomorrow-Monday 8/25. Should be a cracka!!! lol ok Dave I'm done now back to you : )

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Shinobi

Looks like the Chicane @ tBolt Dave. I'm no expert, but aren't you supposed to have both hands on the bars through that section??? :p lololololol just kidding

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

motorkas

Don't think that's Kas, unless you want Kas to do the math.
Kas, the answer is 11! I'm so good at math:)

Speaking of "11". . .:D

Looks like the Chicane @ tBolt Dave. I'm no expert, but aren't you supposed to have both hands on the bars through that section??? :p lololololol just kidding

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Why yes it is. . .and my brother said of that pic, and I quote "I couldn't figure out why I was gaining on him in the chicane, I thought he was suppose to have corner speed on us but he was just slowing me down. . .". . .then he saw the pic and he almost gave a Mt dew bath to his computer. . .

. . .and staying on your original topic. . .you see than cone in that pic. . .my brother took it out a couple of sessions later (it almost hit Lenny when he did). . .for the rest of the day, there wasn't a cone there, so you're definitely right to find other markers besides cones. . .:D

Yeah but it's still family so it counts. Well sort of... :D

I think you'd be a little faster if you rode without the maxi-pad. . .:)

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Speaking of "11". . .:D

Why yes it is. . .and my brother said of that pic, and I quote "I couldn't figure out why I was gaining on him in the chicane, I thought he was suppose to have corner speed on us but he was just slowing me down. . .". . .then he saw the pic and he almost gave a Mt dew bath to his computer. . .

. . .and staying on your original topic. . .you see than cone in that pic. . .my brother took it out a couple of sessions later (it almost hit Lenny when he did). . .for the rest of the day, there wasn't a cone there, so you're definitely right to find other markers besides cones. . .:D

I think you'd be a little faster if you rode without the maxi-pad. . .:)

Kas I believe that was the day your brother got his bump to "A"! I was spitting out the dust that Fahdee kicked up for the rest of that session! LOL!