To bump or not to bump...

gkotlin

Agreed. Times are the last component of the bump. And I will never bump someone that can with the back of A group. Your not going to be bumped into A and grow into the group. Your going to be bumped into the middle of the group where you won't feel like fresh meat.

Times are relative.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Macon663;152205 wrote: Random question...who is the nesba dude doing 25's and 26's on thunderbolt? Sternsi?
I think Dale's done some that fast.

To the OP -- if you have to ask, then you're not bump-worthy.

beevan217

looneyr1;152174 wrote: james –
my 2 cents.

You sir are misguided…
your original post rants about the people that keep me safe and able to go home to my family with a bike each time & in one piece. Your follow up post says you ask a simple question in your original post.. No you ask a question and then bash those who monitor our safety each day.
I have a lap timer… to monitor my lap times when i make line changes, shift point changes & brake mark changes… not to prove to myself that i go fast. Passing on the outside at t-bolt….1, 3c, 4, 5, 6, 9 are good…pick one...there are many.
There is a reason.. Amongst many that you did not get an a bump.. And honestly im thankful for all of them. I ride to enjoy the moment, the experience.. Knowing there are people like you on the track with me scares me.. Nothing is your “responsibility” in your mind.
As far as the crs that you mention in your original post. I know some of them. I respect their advice, decisions and their character is amongst the highest. Ask youself… what does a volunteer have to gain from cring and riding with us regulars..??? They gain appreciation and thanks when we give it.. Your original post diminishes all of that. Crs get paid nothing to be out there and help all of us. They pay their own fuel bill, tire bill and mechanical bill.. They pay it to watch us progress and enjoy the hobby they have grown to love as well… i have heard of crs burning as much as 30 gallons of fuel during a weekend cring….helping us…. And you trash that with your assumptions of just what they were doing.
Did you see the i group cr captain? Did you approach any of the folks you mention in your original post.. If you did..did you get an answer you didn’t like and that is why you posted up on the boards today like this?
I apologize for dramatizing this thread as i am usually very quiet but….. I could not let the bash go un answered. You bash some very good people.. Be it intentional or not.. You did it and it was wrong. Those volunteers do what they do to help each of us… that’s it. If you were almost in a confrontation with another rider over your riding.. A cr had to talk to you about certain techniques you were using maybe you need to look in the mirror and realize the common denominator.
I run a 1:35 or so on t-bolt and am as of saturday in a group.. I have nothing to loose or gain from this post but my safety and to straighten out the facts, especially about the crs that you lack.
Len

congrats on the bump!!! :d

dave433

To bump

Late to the party but oh well. To the OP, did you try to PM the C/R,s and talk to them directly?Might help to get answers. A lot of good info posted here. I only rode in "I" group 3 to 4 times before being bumped to A. Every time I went out in "I", I started in the middle to back of the pack. This helped me work on my passing. If I could not pass a rider i would use them as a rabbit and watch their lines to see where I need to improve. As far as C/R's stuffing riders I had a C/R stuff me in turn one at Summit. Nothing super close but probably not legal per the rule book. When the session was over the C/R came over and told me he did it to see how I would react. A process they use when evaling a rider to see if they are ready for a bump. I did not know I was being watched. I had several C/R's tell me what they were looking for when bumping someone and not one of them said lap times. They look for body position, Rider hitting their marks consistently, and being smooth. I told them when they felt I was ready for "A" then let me know but until then I will continue to have fun in"I". Some damn good riders there. Go out there and ride your ride and the bump will come when you least expect it. Be safe and hope to see you soon in "A".

kneedragger45

All this talk about getting bumped to "A". What i want to know is....what does it take to get get bumped to a "CR"?!?! :popcorn:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
davidcycle;152063 wrote: don't worry about a bump. the only advantage you get from being in a group is you do have to pre register for your favrorite track. just go out and ride your ride have fun. most of the time, when your hitting your marks lap after lap someone else is watching. use the cr's for instructions that would make you a better rider not for can i move to the next group. if your doing it right your get your a sticker. don't get caught up in the politics.
good luck
:agree: didn't read the rest of the post...

rk97

Bubba Zanetti;152084 wrote: Winter= Good time for NESBA to pimp those "NESBA Sucks" shirts!

BZ
haha - i still get emails from that "customink.com" site reminding me how awesome my "NESBA SUCKS!!" design is, and asking me when i'm going to place an order :p