Track Jak

Meat

Just the elimination of the rage factor is worth it to me. I am always changing my front wheel, sweating my balls off. I hold the wheel in one hand while I get the calipers worked into place. Then I go into a quick fit of rage as I am jamming and wiggling the axle, while moving the front wheel, while still in my hand.

Now, I can set one of the calipers in place, enjoy the wife, smoke a cigar and then go back and do the rest of the wheel installation. Really cool!

GapRider

someone just told me about this thread. You guys are awesome. The reasons you gave about why you like the TrakJak are the exact same reasons that drove me to come up with this thing. I started racing WERA in Jun 06 and the frustration of fighting brake calipers and leg cramps during tire changes between races was the inspiration.
All the good feedback is a very pleasant surprise, thank you.
The website is www.TrakJak.com, it has a little more info and the video. I think I may have to post any further information in the vendors section, I'll find out.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Glad you stopped in, Eddie, great product! From what everyone says, it should hold up long-term. I placed an order this morning. Looks like a perfect solution. I'm looking forward to not having to lift with my toes, sit on one end of a 2x4 with the other end under the wheel trying (mostly unsuccessfully to leverage the wheel up), calling someone to lift said wheel, throwing tools. LOL.

Once I've gotten it and used it, I'd be happy to post a review on the other site I frequent that's listed in my signature.

Meat, you leave the brake calipers on when removing the front wheel? I always just took them off. Maybe with the TrakJak I won't have to.

Meat

HondaGalToo;249743 wrote:

Meat, you leave the brake calipers on when removing the front wheel? I always just took them off. Maybe with the TrakJak I won't have to.
Nope, I pulled my calipers. Just now, with the TrakJak, I can put the wheel in place and put a caliper on. Then I can run off and do whatever I want, leaking the wheel in place with the TrakJak. Then come back and everyting is still in place.

I have to admit that sometimes I am just too nice and honest. I really should have come up with some screwy, yet plausible, method to leave the calipers on, just to drive you crazy trying to do it. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Meat;249746 wrote: Nope, I pulled my calipers. Just now, with the TrakJak, I can put the wheel in place and put a caliper on. Then I can run off and do whatever I want, leaking the wheel in place with the TrakJak. Then come back and everyting is still in place.

I have to admit that sometimes I am just too nice and honest. I really should have come up with some screwy, yet plausible, method to leave the calipers on, just to drive you crazy trying to do it. :)
LOL! I just usually finish everything. I'm afraid if I wander off to do something else, I'll forget something important, like a caliper bolt. :eek:

Southerly

I hadn't realised that was your own invention when you helped me out with it a couple of years ago. That was when I was really struggling due to my bike sliding off the pit stand (no indent or bobbins on the swingarm), and trying to fit a wheel that was too tight. It was a lot better than my normal method of using my foot as a stand for the tire. That went really bad when the the bike dropped down onto my foot as the stand slipped.

Now that I am putting jack stands under the foot pegs while changing the back wheel it isn't quite so bad, but I think I should invest in one. It would have been really handy a few weeks ago, as I pulled the front wheel off half a dozen times while trying to straighten out my front end. I was actually getting pretty good about balancing the wheel on my toe, using my hands to position the calipers, and then my shin (other leg) to push in the axel. I just needed one more hand to line up the speedometer sensor. I hang my calipers in place with wires from the triple tree, but it can still be a juggling act.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks Eddie! Mine showed up within a week or less, great customer service!!!! I used it tonight. Wow. Makes the wheel removal so much easier! I'm really happy with it. I'll put a review up on the forum I frequent that's below in my signature.

Awesome product!!! Highly recommend!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GapRider

Judy, AWESOME! I read your review, thank you very much and I'm so happy you like it.
The TrakJak exists because I got tired of the same things you, and others, have mentioned.
I know it looks simple but I found out it takes a lot of thought to have something that is simple, yet works how you want it to work. I do spend more in the construction, it's all laser cut and formed steel, all stainless hardware and powder coated instead of painted. It's also American made. Another choice I made. I decided I wanted something that I would be proud of and that I myself liked. The response I've gotten from you and others thrills my heart.
Thank you!

Meat

Eddie, definitely a quality piece. I appreciate quality items like the TrakJak, others may wait for China to steal the idea and Harbor Freight starts selling a cheap knockoff.

Setting in 3 inches of water and mud for hours at Roebling and still looking new (after rinsing off) was a huge benefit to me as well.

Ruhe52

Eddie simple does not = easy.

This is a great tool. Just used mine again and the ease it provides in changing tires is great I hate swapping wheels and messing with the one arm foot lever axle shove. It will be a new olympic sport in 2016 and this tool certainly will kill my chances of qualifying for the team.

Good stuff Mr Lord great idea and quality product.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I showed it to a couple of folks at NJMP today who were asking me about it because they saw this post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JGardy_781

I'll be buying one of these - awesome, awesome idea. I hate changing tires at the track because of the spacer juggling, lining up the wheel/axle/caliper hanger, etc. (hell, hate doing it at home too - just usually have more time to fiddle around with everything to get it to all line up). This will make it super easy... Great, great idea man.

/j