TrackWraps!! Almost done!!

Katie785

Drewbie;35965 wrote: I would totally pimp that!!

Maybe I can ride it at the GNF again this year..:D
Not too sure Joe would be thrilled of the idea of your race bike being totalled.. that's the only circumstances you were able to race my baby!!!

Nexus

That flower style is pretty slick.

Safety First Racing uses "wraps" with their racebikes and offers it as a service I believe....

www.safetyfirstracing.com
web-5.jpg

You can do some pretty slick stuff using wraps since you are not limited to masking techniques of paintjobs.

Rick Johnson

RyanITV;36008 wrote: Dunno - paint used to run me between $500-600 for a straight color, black lower and plates. Could also take 2 weeks - this takes an afternoon. It could go either way - if you're more of a DIY person or have a friend to help, it'll save some $$.

Here's another - used less than 2 panels, so $200...

buell3.jpg

Ryan
Looks like a Metal Mulisha bike.I like it.:D

crewnutz

Nexus;36116 wrote: That flower style is pretty slick.

Safety First Racing uses "wraps" with their racebikes and offers it as a service I believe....

www.safetyfirstracing.com
web-5.jpg

You can do some pretty slick stuff using wraps since you are not limited to masking techniques of paintjobs.

one of Safety First's sponsors is a wrapping company that does trailers, trucks, cars, & bikes

i looked into getting it through them and it was about 500-600 for a completely custom design (meaning you didnt have to pick from a certain template)...........that price included installation, you just have to send em your bodywork

RyanITV

Admin
crewnutz;36150 wrote: one of Safety First's sponsors is a wrapping company that does trailers, trucks, cars, & bikes
i looked into getting it through them and it was about 500-600 for a completely custom design (meaning you didnt have to pick from a certain template)...........that price included installation, you just have to send em your bodywork
I believe the $600 does not include any design work, either. If someone wants to provide artwork, there's no extra charge to print theirs.

Ryan

RyanITV

Admin
k6sinfiddy;36173 wrote: Im diggin it Katie!!
and Ryan,
how much w/o design just straight colors?? Blue, white and black...
Same price - it's $99 for each 4x4 panel. You get 10% off as a NESBA member, so it's under $300 shipped for the 3 colors.

Ryan

Burnall4

so these need to go on a painted surface or a will a primed surface do?

And don't go saying a primed surface is a painted surface, because there is a difference :p

RyanITV

Admin
Burnall4;36182 wrote: so these need to go on a painted surface or a will a primed surface do?

And don't go saying a primed surface is a painted surface, because there is a difference :p
It should go over gelcoat, primer or paint. The only time I've seen an issue was with some Cheetah bodywork where they had mold release compound that caused the primer to flake off... ended up needing to sand it all off and respray in order to wrap.

Ryan

k6sinfiddy

RyanITV;36174 wrote: Same price - it's $99 for each 4x4 panel. You get 10% off as a NESBA member, so it's under $300 shipped for the 3 colors.

Ryan
Ok well how about you guys installing it on bike, what would be the cost then? Or is it just that easy to install?

RyanITV

Admin
k6sinfiddy;36209 wrote: Ok well how about you guys installing it on bike, what would be the cost then? Or is it just that easy to install?
It's pretty easy to install - we showed Crisamore how to do it in the rig @ Beaver last year; within 30 minutes he was doing it on his own.

Biggest thing is heat and an extra set of hands. I've got some rough video footage of Mark and I doing some installs for the curious... just PM me for the links.

Ryan

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Ryan, how well does the lower hold up to stone chips? That has been my biggest complaint with paint. Hoping the wrap is better.

RyanITV

Admin
slow_honda;36258 wrote: Ryan, how well does the lower hold up to stone chips? That has been my biggest complaint with paint. Hoping the wrap is better.
From our testing, it seems to be better. Paint is rigid and prone to chips - the vinyl is pliable, so it's like the clear bra stuff they put on cars. Granted, it does still get affected over time, but its much less. My basis for comparison was the paint on the lower of the 848 versus the wrap on the lower of the 1098R.

Ryan