Unfortunate news from Beaverun.

PJZOCC624 (PJ Zoccolillo) crashed in turn 9 at the Beav sunday morning. He ended up taking a ride in a helicopter to the hospital but I'm glad to say he is doing very well considering. I'll let him fill in the details.

He'll be layed up for a while, so I thought it would be nice for people that know him, or that have just heard the legend :D, to drop him a line to make his bed ridden days go a little quicker.

PJ wrote this in another post today, thought It was appropriate to share it...

"Hey D! I'm ok all things considered. Got lucky - 3 broken ribs and a broken and displaced clavicle, and a concussion. On my way back to Syracuse now, spent the night at Pitt Presby hospital. Will have surgery on the collar bone hopefully this week. No clue about the bike but Todd said its not THAT bad considering.

I want to thank the NESBA family for packing up the rv and getting everything together. I don't know all of who did what, but I know I'm lucky to have such good friends. HUGE THANK YOU to Todd Gerbsch and Mike Pope for taking care and making sure Joey was ok and got home. Words cannot describe how much you guys mean to me. I know I've told you two THANK YOU a thousand times yesterday, but knowing you guys were tAking care of him put me at ease.

Thank you everyone who helped out yesterday. You're all class acts!!!!"

Get well soon brother!

avizpls

#11-A
Damn man hope you heal up quick. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear something more regarding Saturdays flight out...

tdelegram

Control Rider
avizpls;274994 wrote: Damn man hope you heal up quick. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to hear something more regarding Saturdays flight out...
Woo,

I posted details in the other geographical forum. All is as ok as can be expected.

Tom

Tom,

sorry to hear about your getoff as well. Hope you're feeling better soon, Heal up quick. Tail bone injuries make me cringe, sorry you have to go through that :(

PJZOCC624

thanks guys. considering where i went off, things couldve been a lot worse. im counting my blessings today. i have zero recollection of the crash and am trying to piece it all together from what people are telling me. if anyone has a first hand account of the incident please let me know.

thank you everyone for helping to get me loaded up and getting the rv ready to roll. the nesba family never fails to disappoint!

Myers

Control Rider
PJ - glad you are healing up well. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to let us know. Was good to meet you in person sat night.

Len

danrivito2

PJZOCC624;275064 wrote: thanks guys. considering where i went off, things couldve been a lot worse. im counting my blessings today. i have zero recollection of the crash and am trying to piece it all together from what people are telling me. if anyone has a first hand account of the incident please let me know.

thank you everyone for helping to get me loaded up and getting the rv ready to roll. the nesba family never fails to disappoint!
Unfortunately, when I came around T9, it was just in time to see your bike cartwheeling with dirt flying everywhere and you sliding towards the wall. I missed what ever it was that sent you off track and I immediately got off track so there was minimal delay in getting medical out to you.

Heal up quick!

PJZOCC624

danrivito2;275231 wrote: Unfortunately, when I came around T9, it was just in time to see your bike cartwheeling with dirt flying everywhere and you sliding towards the wall. I missed what ever it was that sent you off track and I immediately got off track so there was minimal delay in getting medical out to you.

Heal up quick!
Thanks Dan. That helps.

barry38

PJ - Very sorry to see this. You are truly one of the good guys I've met through NESBA. I hope you have an uneventful and speedy recovery.

PJZOCC624

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'm having surgery tomorrow (Monday) to fix the busted collarbone. Still pretty sore, but the sharp pains are subsiding a bit. Every now and then I'll put pressure on my right arm (habit, instinct, whatnot) and get that reminder that there's something amiss in my shoulder. Hoping that the surgery goes well and provides some stability!

Thanks again, guys!