Update

ERB68

sobottka;150839 wrote: i think j f'n t's was actually worse.
just an example of what people go through and still ride. :cool:
Well come on. It's not like they were going to cut it off and you said NO I have to ride.

They were going to fix it anyway, right?

Al thou it was my motivation to get my hip fixed. It became painful to ride. I could live with out playing sports anymore, but no riding was the straw.

1. find a functional physical therapist (FAFS), your talus needs to be functionally mobilized.

2. quit smoking. for example, a smoker with an ankle fracture takes 3 months longer to heal.

j_fuggin_t

sobottka;150839 wrote: i think j f'n t's was actually worse.
just an example of what people go through and still ride. :cool:
yea i left out ALOT of the bad pictures, it was hell but i'm still able to do something i'm passionate for & thats ride. I had a spiral tib fracture & a compound of the fib, pretty much dismembered the lower part of my leg & if you look in the one picture my foot is actually spun around completely, the only thing holding my leg together was skin & tendons. when they attached the plate my leg slowly started to straighten itself out.

Bottom line trent, get yourself healthy, positive thinking & see ya next year

iamnotgreg

Trent my right leg was broken off - both bones shattered and 2" of bone ejected out the side
A car blew a red light on her cell phone and my leg was mashed in between her car and the motorcycle. I was on crutches almost 2 years.

Right as I was getting off crutches I was being an idiot (i rode most of the time I was on crutches - even went to the CCS races. I spent the entire day there on my gixxer unable to walk.. either i sat on the bike or I one leg hopped to somewhere to sit down)

While I was almost healed I flipped a wheelie and snapped my knee into a pile of bits - it now has 2 big bolts through it and a steel plate down my tibia.

you can heal - just get with the right doctors. I know you know how to contact me.

Trent1098S

Holy crap those are some crazy pics! I can't imagine what recovering was like. I know what I've gone through and it has to be a small minor fraction of what you guys went through.

Worst thing so far has been trying to shake the "could-of-been" thoughts. I bounced back (mentally) from my other crashes pretty quick. Hell, when I went down in April, I was back out the next day. This one took the wind outta my sails. I didn't even get the bike out of the trailer until almost two months had passed. Didn't even want to look at it.

I'm gonna call around next week and find me a doc, get my busted bikes sorted out, and get back to being me again.

ERB68

Trent1098S;150912 wrote: Holy crap those are some crazy pics! I can't imagine what recovering was like. I know what I've gone through and it has to be a small minor fraction of what you guys went through.

Worst thing so far has been trying to shake the "could-of-been" thoughts. I bounced back (mentally) from my other crashes pretty quick. Hell, when I went down in April, I was back out the next day. This one took the wind outta my sails. I didn't even get the bike out of the trailer until almost two months had passed. Didn't even want to look at it.

I'm gonna call around next week and find me a doc, get my busted bikes sorted out, and get back to being me again.
:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Reading some of these posts makes me want to curl up in a ball in the corner of my cubicle and hug my legs/limbs.

Unfortunately, I know what it's like to recover from broken bones, although not as serious as yours. As a kid I broke both my arms a few times and I remember it sucking so bad not being able to do routine things normally.

Keep your head up though. Eat healthy, don't smoke, and do what the doctors tell you. I hope you make a quick and complete recovery.

wesmith443

Sobottka, that pic makes me wonder if I could go through it again.

Trent, find a mean ass therapist that doesnt care if your in pain. I broke every bone in my throttle hand and wrist and elbow. I acted like such a p*&&y at the therapist that she probably didnt twist as much as she should have. Im getting tears thinking about the pain but if I had experienced the track then I MAY have took some extra pain meds and dealt. Now I only have about 15 degrees either way with my wrist movement. Ask about the JAS splint. I will post a pic if you have never seen it. Its great for stretching things out and getting the flexibility back. I have started using mine again. My scaphoid was not getting enough blood flow for about a year after but it did recover.

Bucky Badger

Trent1098S;150912 wrote: I'm gonna call around next week and find me a doc, get my busted bikes sorted out, and get back to being me again.
Now THIS is the Trent I know...can't wait to have you back at the track my friend.