VIR in Aug

Hey Folks,
Who's going to VIR next month? I just signed up for all three days. I've never run the South Course but I've been on the North Course twice with California Superbike School. I've never had the Ducati there and I'm really looking forward to it.

bmrboy

S.S.N. weekend

Never riddin s. coarse, your in for a BIG surprise :haha:
It just so happens to be the best little E-ticket ride in town !!!!!!!!!!
Your gonna love it.... It"s fast as hell, technical, & very challenging.
Have a CR show you around, take your time, learn the line, HAVE FUN ...
Come around the oak tree turn, it"s launch time, unleash the dogs & PIN IT !!!!!

HOPEFULLY !! the weather will cooperate :) the sun will shine, the wind won"t BLOW .. :eek:
And we"ll have a GREAT weekend.

I can"t wait, love everything about it.. So who else is coming :tothetrack:

IT"S A BLAST & 1/2 :agree: see y"all there ;)

denbsteph

bmrboy;249185 wrote: Never riddin s. coarse, your in for a BIG surprise :haha:
It just so happens to be the best little E-ticket ride in town !!!!!!!!!!
Your gonna love it.... It"s fast as hell, technical, & very challenging.
Have a CR show you around, take your time, learn the line, HAVE FUN ...
Come around the oak tree turn, it"s launch time, unleash the dogs & PIN IT !!!!!

HOPEFULLY !! the weather will cooperate :) the sun will shine, the wind won"t BLOW .. :eek:
And we"ll have a GREAT weekend.

I can"t wait, love everything about it.. So who else is coming :tothetrack:

IT"S A BLAST & 1/2 :agree: see y"all there ;)

Mike, your making it tempting to go, South is a freaking blast. I almost forgot, we can rail together. Might even find your hat!

02SV

Monday on North for sure. With the addiction getting stronger by the trackday and forum post, I may make.time for Sun South. South was AWESOME Jun 30th (first trackday)!

bmrboy

denbsteph;249190 wrote: Mike, your making it tempting to go, South is a freaking blast. I almost forgot, we can rail together. Might even find your hat!

True, True, Secret Squirell, that would be fun ... :adore: come on down, bring the kids !!!

It would be a BLAST !!!!!! :D

You could see that control issue I have outta oak tree ;)

Really, all kidding aside, if you can swing it that would be really COOL ....
I"ll save you a spot buddy.. :cool:

where is my hat !!! :haha:

bluers

I'm in for Sun and Mon! So far i have done 3 trackdays and while I'm still slow, I am learning and connecting the dots a little better each time out. The CR's are great and my GSXR is certainly capable. Just have to work on the pilot not being so timid. Can't wait!

franikk

Will there be any photographers there this year? Last year it wasn't allowed, although Noobican and Jackie had taken their own (which were great BTW). But, if Jackie is going to be there then I will just those and will even throw in some ducks to help along.

denbsteph

franikk;249289 wrote: Will there be any photographers there this year? Last year it wasn't allowed, although Noobican and Jackie had taken their own (which were great BTW). But, if Jackie is going to be there then I will just those and will even throw in some ducks to help along.

Not allowed on South :argh: , North all day long :)!!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
denbsteph;249312 wrote: Not allowed on South :argh: , North all day long :)!!
To clarify, they aren't allowed inside the fences at South. Outside is fair game, but it's a bitch finding a spot to get any decent pics.

JRA

They aren't allowed inside the fence anywhere at VIR, not just on the South Course. These were new rules put into place by VIR in 2011. My guess is this has to due with insurance.

At North Course there are multiple places where Pics of You can shoot good pictures from outside the fence which is why they will shoot photos there. At South Course the only place to shoot from is Oak tree (the Villa area is private property and they are not allowed there), and since most people don't have any interest in buying two or three dozen photos that are all the same they can't make enough money to make it worth it. VIR does charge a fee to allow a photographer to take photos that are offered for sale.

Anybody can take photos from outside the fence anywhere at VIR. You can share them at the track or online but you cannot offer them for sale for two reasons: First we have to protect our relationship with our vendor who spends thousands of dollars every year just traveling to our events to offer their service, and second we don't want to damage our relationship with VIR by having them think we are trying to circumvent the photographer fee that they charge.

I know many people are disappointed that we don't have official pictures offered for purchase at South. When we are negotiating dates for next season over the winter I will see if there is any way that we can bring Pics of You back to the South Course for next season.

denbsteph

Otto Man;249317 wrote: To clarify, they aren't allowed inside the fences at South. Outside is fair game, but it's a bitch finding a spot to get any decent pics.

Thanks for clarifying, I was not thourgh in my explanation :)