VIR in Aug

franikk

wallacew;251362 wrote: :( looks like im going to be bringing the xxxx tires. forecast not looking good, hope they are wrong.
Even if it does I will be eating steak and SPAM on the grill whilst drinking a few with some great friends!

D-Swens

Just signed up for N on Monday. Driving about 800 miles on Sunday night to be there, pretty f'n excited to be there.

wallacew

Today was awesomcredible. Good weather, good people, nice fun track. Had to leave early for date night with my wife (part of a plea bargain for Barber next week )

Meat

Awesome riding with everyone on Saturday. And the Meat and Greet was awesome as usual.

Of course Kenny and the Irish Racing Team were grilling lunatics. And Cory Two Butts definitely lived up to his name and reputation, perfectly smoking 2 butts and even a few racks of baby back ribs.

Really just an awesome time all the way around on Fri night and all day Saturday at VIR-S.

steve gould

Wallace,
It started off a little damp in the morning but by the second session it was dry. The track felt a little green but by afternoon it was great. Everyone played nice and seemed to have a great time.

Steve

JoshC

Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line in here and say thanks for showing me and the wife a great time at my first trackday! And especially for all the help getting the bike back together for Sunday, even though it rained...

I will be seeing you all again at the next one. Just not sure when that's gonna be just yet.

Again, much thanks to all the Irish Racing and NESBA guys/gals. We had a blast!

wallacew

steve gould;251605 wrote: Wallace,
It started off a little damp in the morning but by the second session it was dry. The track felt a little green but by afternoon it was great. Everyone played nice and seemed to have a great time.

Steve
good stuff, thanks Steve. Ill see you guys at Barber.

DanQ

JoshC;251608 wrote: Hey guys, just wanted to drop a line in here and say thanks for showing me and the wife a great time at my first trackday! And especially for all the help getting the bike back together for Sunday, even though it rained...

I will be seeing you all again at the next one. Just not sure when that's gonna be just yet.

Again, much thanks to all the Irish Racing and NESBA guys/gals. We had a blast!
Good to meet y'all, Josh. I hope to see you guys on a regular basis.

franikk

DanQ;251613 wrote: Good to meet y'all, Josh. I hope to see you guys on a regular basis.
+1 It was definitely good to meet you two. You will a lot of great people with NESBA! If you can't run at CMP, you are more than welcome to just show up and check things out.

bmrboy

Vir s.s.n.

:DTHANK YOU Cory, Kyle, Kenny and all the Irish Racing crew, you guys ROCK !!!!!!!

Adam, thanks for the ride, we were really rolling, still think that the rider we split going down wheelie hill, must have
crapped himself...:wow:
Taylor, wish our ride was"nt cut short, it"s always a pleasure to ride with you brother... I will always be your humble
student. :) We will ride again ... :adore:

Went on S 1000rr forum, there is a problem with rt combo switch, soooooo I will get a new switch ..

I guess I'll have to wait till next season to tame the Shrew ...

Thank you Mike Ruhe , very much appreciated :D

William, great to see you again.

wallacew

bmrboy;251630 wrote: :DTHANK YOU Cory, Kyle, Kenny and all the Irish Racing crew, you guys ROCK !!!!!!!

Adam, thanks for the ride, we were really rolling, still think that the rider we split going down wheelie hill, must have
crapped himself...:wow:
Taylor, wish our ride was"nt cut short, it"s always a pleasure to ride with you brother... I will always be your humble
student. :) We will ride again ... :adore:

Went on S 1000rr forum, there is a problem with rt combo switch, soooooo I will get a new switch ..

I guess I'll have to wait till next season to tame the Shrew ...

Thank you Mike Ruhe , very much appreciated :D

William, great to see you again.
Mike, good stuff!

Godfather

John & Scott,

Brothers, thanks for the great Friday and Saturday! It was great to get back together with you guys again. I wish Dennis could have been there but he had that Tom Jones concert he had to attend??! Thanks for listening to my bitching about the Michelin tires and not calling me a girl! Now I don't have to change sports, because after the tire change, I once was again faster than Scott!!!!

BMW GUYS, Mike and Wallace thanks for hanging out with us! Can't wait to do it again.

Taylor and Adam- Thanks guys for helping me shake off the rust and pulling me around South.

Chuck- Thanks for the great price on the tires. Nowhere else could I have had someone bring me the tires, mount and balance them for that good of a price.

R/
Mike"Godfather" Beard

Thanks for the great time folks!!!! I didn't tame the Shrew but she didn't tame me either LOL. I wish I could have used some of the great info John gave me when we walked the track Saturday night, but I let the rain have Sunday instead. Monday on North was a mixed day. I started out with a stuck throttle (thanks Jerry and Chuck for fixing that ---- you guys are a class act!!!), then rode 4 really fun sessions. Then my !@#$%^&* oil sending unit went south!!!!! So, I packed up and came back to Nashville. Maybe I should get one of those "dependable" bikes eh? Nahhh I'll keep the Ducati. But I am seriously considering a race prepped 600. Too many of you fast guys have said that's the way to go for it not to be true. Anyway, Steve, Taylor, Cal, thanks so much for riding with me and I can't wait to see you guys again.

DanQ

griffonrider;251727 wrote: Thanks for the great time folks!!!! I didn't tame the Shrew but she didn't tame me either LOL. I wish I could have used some of the great info John gave me when we walked the track Saturday night, but I let the rain have Sunday instead. Monday on North was a mixed day. I started out with a stuck throttle (thanks Jerry and Chuck for fixing that ---- you guys are a class act!!!), then rode 4 really fun sessions. Then my !@#$%^&* oil sending unit went south!!!!! So, I packed up and came back to Nashville. Maybe I should get one of those "dependable" bikes eh? Nahhh I'll keep the Ducati. But I am seriously considering a race prepped 600. Too many of you fast guys have said that's the way to go for it not to be true. Anyway, Steve, Taylor, Cal, thanks so much for riding with me and I can't wait to see you guys again.
Yes, you hit a point that was the highlight of my weekend. Though I've been to VIR many times and have run most of the configurations, I have never had a track walk. Especially one with such great tutelage. JRA did a great job of really explaining some of the in's-and-out's of the South Course, and many things that have been vexing me for a long while. And to hear JRA echo what I've been told in schools really made me feel better about that course. Very good work JRA!

Now if I could have just registered for CMP before the 15 day cutoff I'd be good :rtfm: