VIR Info

JRA

The gate will open at 5:30. If you arrive earlier than that please turn right on Ace Dr. and head down into the raceplex. If you arrive after 5:30 you should be able to use the main gate to enter.

Camping ($35) and power charges ($25) apply. Once you pay you are good for the entire weekend whether staying only one day or all three. If you have a non street legal pit bike they will either tell you to put it away or purchase an off road pass ($25) for it. Tagged scooters and motorcycles do not need the pass.

When you set up your pit you must stay behind the yellow line in both paddocks. PLEASE don't make me have to continue policing this at every event. They are very adamant that all of your equipment MUST be behind the yellow line.

South has very limited power. If you need to run warmers a generator is a good idea.

Chuck will be there for tire and suspension service.

The track opens to us as soon as we finish the rider's meeting each morning and we run until 5:30 PM.

Immediately after the day is finished on Saturday we will be doping a track walk for anyone who is interested, followed by a big meet and greet in the South Paddock. We are asking for some donations to go to our Air Fence Fundraiser fund.

Any other questions post up and I'll try to answer them for you.

mjkuhno

Thanks John,

One point of clarification though - I believe tent camping is $35 and RV/Toyhauler is $50

jcrich

Unbroken13;284686 wrote: I haven't got my registration email yet?? The one your suppose to print?
Logon to your account, select View my Events, select your event, should be a button to send confirmation email. Done

Ruhe52

One extra point of clarification. We will be doing a track walk.
Doping is optional and typically only at our California and Colorado events.

buzz-06

Does sleeping in my trailer count as tent camping? It's clearly not an RV or toyhauler but it's not a tent either...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
buzz-06;284766 wrote: Does sleeping in my trailer count as tent camping? It's clearly not an RV or toyhauler but it's not a tent either...
That's a huge gray area. If its got a bed then they consider it camping

I consider it a bullshit fee that is nothing else but "gimme" money, so I always "sleep at a hotel in South Boston".

The air mattresses are for lunch break naps.... ;)

Ruhe52

Kruizen;284791 wrote: Personally if asked I'd say just dropping off the trailer. Then no payment necessary.
And this is a public forum so please follow that up with I am not being truthful
I will be sleeping in here but don't want to follow your business model.
Come on folks. Tracks charge all sorts of stuff. I lieu of being butt hurt about how things have become perhaps be happy for how they were and hope they can get back to those days. Fact is they charge the fee. If everyone BSs their way out of the fee I can see VIR sending someone around knocking on Cargo trailer doors in the middle of the night anyone want that?
My supplier just raised the price of a spool of safety wire so I am now using cooked pasta everyone good with that?

jcrich

Ruhe52;284829 wrote: And this is a public forum so please follow that up with I am not being truthful
Come on folks. Tracks charge all sorts of stuff. I lieu of being butt hurt about how things have become perhaps be happy for how they were and hope they can get back to those days. Fact is they charge the fee. If everyone BSs their way out of the fee I can see VIR sending someone around knocking on Cargo trailer doors in the middle of the night anyone want that?
My supplier just raised the price of a spool of safety wire so I am now using cooked pasta everyone good with that?
Al dente? ;)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
kyle m;284866 wrote: Please excuse Matt, hes been drinking again. Which is why he responded to your question about dates and times with a link to the pit bike he just purchased.
:doh:

:haha::haha:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Ruhe52;284829 wrote: And this is a public forum so please follow that up with I am not being truthful
Guess we'll agree to disagree. Some charges are just BS.

Paying for electric: Electric isn't free, nor should tracks give out free electric. Legit fee.

Paying $15 for camping: Costs VIR zero additional resources for somebody to pull out a tent and sleep in the paddock. None whatsoever. BS fee.

Paying the RV/toy hauler fee: Toy haulers are self sustained, and besides paying for electric if need be - what else is my toy hauler (If I had one) doing that justifies a charge over someone that brings an enclosed trailer and stays at a hotel? Toy haulers even have their own shitters and showers...they can't even pull the facilities card.

The $25 a year pit bike fee for this year. Again...why? I called VIR about it and got no honest answer, other than the normal "It's policy" BS.

Some people plan very well the money it takes to go to track days. With tracks continuing to add these hemorrhaging fees, people are going to be forced to start doing less track days per year - if not quit altogether. So how much money are they going to be making then if the rider just doesn't show up period?