VIR S,S oh boy !!!

03bueller

Control Rider
The most important prepatations for this weekend are done, the beer shopping! I got:

Gulden Draak Ale 10.5% alc
Trappistes Rochefort 11.3% alc
Westmalle Tripel 9.5% Alc
Straffe Hendrik 11% Alc
Samichlaus Helles 14% Alc

All of them only come in 11.2 oz bottles (wtf?) but those 5 should ensure some fun evenings! Now if only my bike were ready :eek:

BrianR6

tooslowr6;246304 wrote: In for both days, First track days with nesba, and first time on south course. Leaving nj friday.
sweet me too.. would you like to share a ride? I get 4mpg.

denbsteph

03bueller;246406 wrote: The most important prepatations for this weekend are done, the beer shopping! I got:

Straffe Hendrik 11% Alc

All of them only come in 11.2 oz bottles (wtf?) but those 5 should ensure some fun evenings! Now if only my bike were ready :eek:
Holy Shit!! Someone may need to stop over at your canopy in the morning and make sure you are still alive!! :eek: LOL

03bueller

Control Rider
denbsteph;246439 wrote: Holy Shit!! Someone may need to stop over at your canopy in the morning and make sure you are still alive!! :eek: LOL
Nah, but you're more then welcome to come sample some of the goodness, I'm thinking I'll do beer brats with them for Sat night, yummmmmmmmm

03bueller

Control Rider
And only because I care, everyone please start drinking a lot of water TODAY....it takes a couple of days to hydrate your body so make sure you're putting it down, wouldn't want to lose anyone to heat exhaustion on the baking paddock at south.

And if you're not friends with someone who has a canopy or ac make one, it makes a world of difference, I almost always have room under my canopy for a second person and got ac in my trailer for if I need to cool off quick.

bluers

Been pounding water all week! I will also try to bring a fan for my canopy.

Also it's showing a high of 102 right now. Any tire pressure changes recommended for those kind of temps? Currently running 30/30 on 2ct's.

denbsteph

03bueller;246466 wrote: Nah, but you're more then welcome to come sample some of the goodness, I'm thinking I'll do beer brats with them for Sat night, yummmmmmmmm
How about sampling one of those with you on Friday Night? :)

03bueller

Control Rider
Sounds like a plan, i'm not hard to find, i'm one of the only people who'll be flying a flag, other than that, black colorado with a grey v-nose about as far away from lemondrop as I can get!!!!

denbsteph

03bueller;246514 wrote: Sounds like a plan, i'm not hard to find, i'm one of the only people who'll be flying a flag, other than that, black colorado with a grey v-nose about as far away from lemondrop as I can get!!!!

I'll look for you, If there is room, I'll pull up a canopy next to ya and share some of mine with ya as well. I'll be driving a 94 Chevy WT 1500, white in color, White and Red R6S # 312.

I'm keeping an eye out for that Ruhe character, he wants to disassemble my bike for a full tech inspection!! :wow:

Dennis

03bueller;246406 wrote: The most important prepatations for this weekend are done, the beer shopping! I got:

Straffe Hendrik 11% Alc

That's a fine list of tasty beverages... Some St Bernardus ABT 12 would fit in there nicely :)

That must be the Rochefort 10? The Rochefort 8 is my favorite.

03bueller

Control Rider
Yeah, I didn't see any St bernardus at the store when I swung by. Yeah it's the rochefort 10, haven't had any of them yet and it had the highest rating, may have to go back and pick up some 8 and maybe grab a few other ones. Psyched, 24 hours till I hit the road!

03bueller;246587 wrote: Yeah, I didn't see any St bernardus at the store when I swung by. Yeah it's the rochefort 10, haven't had any of them yet and it had the highest rating, may have to go back and pick up some 8 and maybe grab a few other ones. Psyched, 24 hours till I hit the road!
The Rochefort 10 is very good, but really it is too sweet for my taste. I can't explain it too well, but it reminded me of an ale mixed with a sweet red wine. The Rochefort 8 is better for my taste. It is midly sweet and spicy - very flavorful with no strong bitterness. If you happen to spot Weihenstephaner Korbinian I'd be happy to buy a bottle or two of from you :)

I'll be on the road in about 24 hours as well. If you spot the red Toyota Tundra with 7x16 trailer and a red Triumph Speed Triple (#42), that should be me. If I can get power I'll run the A/C and you're welcome to stop by and talk beer :)

Chaos

I might end up being free Saturday and might run over there and ride. Im only like 3hrs from VIR.

Chaos

I have never run VIR South and i SUCK at learning new tracks; it is probably my biggest weakness. I will end up spending half the day trying to learn where i am going.

JRA

Guys,

We are looking at some serious heat this weekend. First let me point out that the classroom in the South Paddock is air conditioned, and anyone and everyone is free to cool off in there at any time.

Second, we will be starting each morning at 8:30. On Saturday we will run four rotations in the morning straight through until 12:30 in order to get in four rotations before lunch. This is an effort to run the majority of the days sessions before the hottest part of the afternoon. On Sunday we have quiet time to deal with so we have to adhere to the normal schedule in the morning.

After lunch we will run 15 minute rotations instead of twenty. You'll still get the same amount of track time so don't worry about that. Hopefully this will encourage people to maybe sit out a session if they get really hot.

We will be running until 5:30 both days.

VIR South has good grip in all conditions. Please keep in mind though that as the day gets really hot the grip will go down. You will NOT have the same grip available to you at 2:30 in the afternoon as you had at 8:30 in the morning.

Despite the heat we can still make this a great weekend. I just ask that everybody drink plenty of fluids, stay cool in the AC, listen to what your body is telling you, and don't try to break the track record.

Any questions hit Pitzer up on Friday evening or Saturday morning. I won't be there until late morning Saturday.

That is all. :D

Chaos

Sitting a session out is a good idea. I like quality vs quantity. If I don't feel 100% and feel like i can make the best use of the track time, i will skip a session. I would rather ride 5 sessions at 100% than 7 sessions at 70%.

It is amazing how much better you feel after skipping a session, drinking 2 bottles of water and 1 gatorade, getting out of your suit for an hour and cooling off.