VIR Videos

yohoho

Looking for any vids of VIR, specifically if anyone got me laying on my butt on the pavement in the middle of T1 in 3rd session, B-Group North Course... but would love to see any others as well!

moto1320

I only have a little footage from (I think) session 6 with the two red flags…I'll try to get that up later. That wreck was a blue SV though. I remember you earlier in the morning. I was glad to see you got it back out there later in the day ;)

Jay305

I was two bikes behind you as you were sliding and dodging a convoy of bikes going into that turn. Looked like you may have hit your helmet as you bounced but hard to tell. Glad you made it out ok.

No video for me as my camera fell off at the kink and died a Vikings death. Oh well:banghead:

leanangler

Control Rider
Please safety wire your cameras to the bike.

I hate to hear that you lost your $250+ camera, but even more I hate to hear that it might have caused a crash or an injury.
How would you feel if you found out your camera lying in the track caused riders to go down?

Plus getting hit by a GoPro at 150mph just doesn't feel good, ask me how I know, (backstretch, Road Atlanta, F-ing hurts!!)

And yes, this is a tech inspection requirement.

madriders86

I'm also hoping the guy behind me go some footage of my crash (first lap out on patriot). It would be interesting to say the least. To that guy: Excellent braking!

willhf1011

Jay305;292401 wrote: I was two bikes behind you as you were sliding and dodging a convoy of bikes going into that turn. Looked like you may have hit your helmet as you bounced but hard to tell. Glad you made it out ok.

No video for me as my camera fell off at the kink and died a Vikings death. Oh well:banghead:
Was this in B group, earlier in the day? I think I was right behind someone who lost a contour right at the kink.

yohoho

Thanks to everyone for talking to me about the crash, especially the other rider. He really stepped up and discussed what happened, long story short, a bunch of traffic, some checking up and I lost the front. Still would love to see video of it or any other B group sessions, where are you guys with cameras at?

yohoho

moto1320;292396 wrote: I only have a little footage from (I think) session 6 with the two red flags…I'll try to get that up later. That wreck was a blue SV though. I remember you earlier in the morning. I was glad to see you got it back out there later in the day ;)
Yes glad to be able to fix it and get back out... Thanks to Chuck at PCW for selling me an rear brake lever and footpeg to replace the broken ones and bend others parts back into shape... Although they were OEM, we got them to fit the woodcraft rearset well enough to go back out. So not a total loss of half a day!

Rider

I was on an SV with a blue/yellow gsxr fairings and want to make sure this wasn't me. I definitely heard chatter/lock up in T1 behind me during an early session. Can't remember much, but I went in slow and let off the gas to give the rider in front room.

Ruhe52

Ok so this is going to start an argument but for once it really is not intended to.

Scott I was directly behind you when you went down. I too would love to see video so if anyone has some lets see it.
This is not intended to be the official record but another perspective from 5 feet away and a direct view of everything from the back and right side of this incident.

I am not looking to discredit you but want to point out a few things that are not accurate with this side you are telling.

Thanks, I am fairly frustrated about the crash... I passed a couple of folks at the start of the braking zone, then slotted in and begun my turn in with the rest of the group.
I can appreciate that you are frustrated with the crash, but let me correct something. You, the other rider and several others going into turn one had moved left slotted in and then 3 riders including yourself decided to try to pass a few more as it bunched up by changing your line from left side to middle of the track to grab one or 2 more positions before the turn. I know because that is the line I take and had to check up for all of you.

Next thing I know a bike comes up the inside of me (stuffing me!!),
Was it close would agree with the number of riders bunched up there and taking various lines. Add to that people changing their lines last minute it was certainly close I will grant you that no more so than the guy that turned in only to find your rear wheel where it had not been seconds before.

grabs all his brake and practically fully stops to turn, causing contact with my front and his rear.
Saw a lot of park it and turn in 1 as most wanted just one more position will not debate that issue but also 35 other riders doing similar all day one should start to anticipate some things. Can't do anything about it when again there are several lines and folks jumping for one more position last min.

I will just say this. I never saw the bike in question make any move that would imply contact having been made. Lurch. stand up, slide etc.
What I did see was the rear of your bike lift pretty fast and the front end go. From my perspective (close enough to have to avoid running you over) it looked like a very fast, aggressive stab at the front brake and a washed front end. Also the absence of any smoke which is a great sign wheel to wheel contact has been made causes me to believe it was just a fistful of front brake. I understand the combination of stabbing a front and hitting the deck in close quarters can certainly feel like contact was made.

Now here is where everyone comes on and says how could you know what did you really see. Hey will listen to all that and sometimes video can solve this sometimes the angle is not right etc.

I did go and discuss the incident with the rider in question and he immediately voiced concern for you Scott. He impressed me as a rider that would not just walk away back to his paddock if contact had been made. More important if he passed you and contact was made I think he would have been looking for you. Not in a combative manor but to simply say sorry for any part he made have had. Could be wrong but I am usually pretty good with first impressions. I make a pretty decent living trusting my gut instinct on stuff like that. Knowing this he truly felt no contact was made and that could be the reason for not seeking you out. Based on talking to you in the tech shed pretty sure no good would have come from the conversation in the end anyway.
That said you clearly knew who he was and could have found him as easily as I did to calmly discuss the incident.

So just want to get this out there as I hope it tempers others responses. These threads have a tendency to turn into lynch mobs. Most of the leaders carrying the biggest pitch forks and torches having not even been at the track.

I hope you are not dealing with any physical issues from the crash I am sure bumps and bruises but they will go away. Looks like Chuck got you parts needed to get you rolling again and Perhaps all that read this thread can be more aware of their actions on the track. Riding is a very individual sport. Safety is EVERYONES responsibility.

Also Scott if I am correct your bike is a 05 R6? Let me know and I have some parts for that bike if you need anything . Not sure Chuck had exactly what you needed but know he had something that worked. I have stock and Woodcraft rear sets and some other bits.

Again not trying to start a battle on the board just laying out another view.

snikwad

Ive got one video uploaded to youtube.
unedited as fuk, im talking filling up gas and all.

govy computer wont let me load youtube, so ill do it from my phone later.

I group, afternoon session, one of the flag free afternoon ones.

yohoho

Mike,

Thank you for the additional insight and account. I do agree that my actions did have an effect on the crash, and rereading my previous post, I can see that I focused more on the other rider. I am glad to hear that he was concerned about me, and did not intentionally cause the incident, I did look around the paddock on my way to and from PCW and tech inspection, but did not see the rider...

I had thought contact was made given how close we were to each other but it is entirely possible that the front tucked under the abrupt braking trying to avoid contact... again there was a lot going on with other riders, braking, downshifting ect... and based on your account Mike, I would like to apologize to any other riders if my actions in overtaking put them in a similar situation that I experienced.

Again I am thankful that no one got hurt or others taken out by my bike or avoiding me. (thanks for not hitting me everyone!)

Regardless of account of actions; me, the other rider, you, my overall goal was not to call someone out but just to see if any video was available to learn how I could have better handled the situation... I believe we are all out here to become better riders!

Finally, after this wall of text... I am looking for a complete woodcraft right rear set as mine was bent and cracked (05 R6). (my rear Master is ok) - Mike I will PM you.

Ruhe52;292523 wrote: Ok so this is going to start an argument but for once it really is not intended to.

Scott I was directly behind you when you went down. I too would love to see video so if anyone has some lets see it.
This is not intended to be the official record but another perspective from 5 feet away and a direct view of everything from the back and right side of this incident.

I am not looking to discredit you but want to point out a few things that are not accurate with this side you are telling.

I can appreciate that you are frustrated with the crash, but let me correct something. You, the other rider and several others going into turn one had moved left slotted in and then 3 riders including yourself decided to try to pass a few more as it bunched up by changing your line from left side to middle of the track to grab one or 2 more positions before the turn. I know because that is the line I take and had to check up for all of you.

Was it close would agree with the number of riders bunched up there and taking various lines. Add to that people changing their lines last minute it was certainly close I will grant you that no more so than the guy that turned in only to find your rear wheel where it had not been seconds before.

Saw a lot of park it and turn in 1 as most wanted just one more position will not debate that issue but also 35 other riders doing similar all day one should start to anticipate some things. Can't do anything about it when again there are several lines and folks jumping for one more position last min.

I will just say this. I never saw the bike in question make any move that would imply contact having been made. Lurch. stand up, slide etc.
What I did see was the rear of your bike lift pretty fast and the front end go. From my perspective (close enough to have to avoid running you over) it looked like a very fast, aggressive stab at the front brake and a washed front end. Also the absence of any smoke which is a great sign wheel to wheel contact has been made causes me to believe it was just a fistful of front brake. I understand the combination of stabbing a front and hitting the deck in close quarters can certainly feel like contact was made.

Now here is where everyone comes on and says how could you know what did you really see. Hey will listen to all that and sometimes video can solve this sometimes the angle is not right etc.

I did go and discuss the incident with the rider in question and he immediately voiced concern for you Scott. He impressed me as a rider that would not just walk away back to his paddock if contact had been made. More important if he passed you and contact was made I think he would have been looking for you. Not in a combative manor but to simply say sorry for any part he made have had. Could be wrong but I am usually pretty good with first impressions. I make a pretty decent living trusting my gut instinct on stuff like that. Knowing this he truly felt no contact was made and that could be the reason for not seeking you out. Based on talking to you in the tech shed pretty sure no good would have come from the conversation in the end anyway.
That said you clearly knew who he was and could have found him as easily as I did to calmly discuss the incident.

So just want to get this out there as I hope it tempers others responses. These threads have a tendency to turn into lynch mobs. Most of the leaders carrying the biggest pitch forks and torches having not even been at the track.

I hope you are not dealing with any physical issues from the crash I am sure bumps and bruises but they will go away. Looks like Chuck got you parts needed to get you rolling again and Perhaps all that read this thread can be more aware of their actions on the track. Riding is a very individual sport. Safety is EVERYONES responsibility.

Also Scott if I am correct your bike is a 05 R6? Let me know and I have some parts for that bike if you need anything . Not sure Chuck had exactly what you needed but know he had something that worked. I have stock and Woodcraft rear sets and some other bits.

Again not trying to start a battle on the board just laying out another view.