Way to go Greg-O!

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Congrats on the :a: bump. You were throwing down some crushing laps! I had a hell of a time keeping up. Well done. :adore:

tdelegram

Control Rider
Congrats Greg, although it wasn't fair that you were still able to beat up on me Sunday after the bump.

Steve you were moving out there too!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
That was a little unfair to allow Greg to finish Saturday in I group and then combining A and I on Sunday .... on a wet track no less:)
Nice job Greg...... you've got a few guys who have just been waiting for you in A group. Have fun.

borislav

Control Rider
Good job Greg you'll have A LOT of fun in A!
Remember though what is writen on that arm band!:D

Greg ZX6R

Thanks all! It seems like every time I get a bump, it rains the next day for my first time in the new group. I get a false sense of security, then get clobbered by the faster riders when it dries out. Had a great time for my last I day dicing it up with Steve, Gino and Dirty Fred (sorry you crashed in last session). Oh well, there's much to learn and I look forward to riding with everyone in A group next year (and getting passed a LOT).

Greg ZX6R

Bubba Zanetti;257069 wrote: Congrats on the Bump Greg and just think, you have 10 raditors to celebrate with too :)!

BZ
Thanks BZ. Amazingly, I've been using the same radiator that was cracked with no ill effects, since it was surgically repaired and strengthened by the friendly folks at Myler's Radiators in Utah. Time for you to make the double bump to A! Have you considered an Aprilia 250?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Nice work Greg!! Congrats, I look forward to riding with you again next year...

Greg ZX6R;257071 wrote: Thanks BZ. Amazingly, I've been using the same radiator that was cracked with no ill effects, since it was surgically repaired and strengthened by the friendly folks at Myler's Radiators in Utah. Time for you to make the double bump to A! Have you considered an Aprilia 250?
Believe it or not the Aprilia RS250 cup bikes are not as fast as a TZ or RS 125's. Straightline speed they are little faster :p

Now a TZ250 or Honda RS250 or the creme of them all a true Aprilia GP250!? Highside myself to the moon and the next group on those :D

BZ

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;257074 wrote: Believe it or not the Aprilia RS250 cup bikes are not as fast as a TZ or RS 125's. Straightline speed they are little faster :p

Now a TZ250 or Honda RS250 or the creme of them all a true Aprilia GP250!? Highside myself to the moon and the next group on those :D

BZ
How about a good old fashioned R6? This way you could spend more time riding and less time trying to justify the tz :saythat:

Slow Steve;257133 wrote: How about a good old fashioned R6? This way you could spend more time riding and less time trying to justify the tz :saythat:
The TZ is justified upon itself :notsure: what you mean.

Not interested in a R6. If I get a four stroke it will be a FZR400 with a tricked motor from Speedwerks.

BZ

borislav

Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;257168 wrote: The TZ is justified upon itself :notsure: what you mean.

Not interested in a R6. If I get a four stroke it will be a FZR400 with a tricked motor from Speedwerks.

BZ
Don't want to hijack the tread but Bubba this is my opinion and my only and I think that little 125 will hold you back!Remember when we chased and caught up that 600 now imagine what you could do with bike with little more power!?
Grego can't wait to go ride with you in A and put a beating on you:D

No offense taken and I understand the comments Bo. However, there is a big misconception on what a 125 two stroke can and do on the race track and their intended purpose.

I have been in B group for around 20 track days. The last 6 have been on the 125. In that time I have learned more and gotten faster in those 6 days than all the previous on my VFR. I learn how to do things in a strange sort of way. I am aware that there is a bias against the bike I ride by some people. All I can say is ‘It is what it is”.

The reason the TZ had no power to shoot off turns that day we chased down the 600 was I am jetted fat. I don’t mean a little fat like ‘cute plus size girl next door’ but more ‘roll the girl in flour look for the wet spot’ kind of fat. I took the advice of the 2T gurus and jetted fat so I could focus on getting a handle on how to ride it. After my last couple days I am pretty much pushing TZ as far as I can on the power it’s putting out. It’s time to start jetting down and playing with gearing. I know the bike is small, but it’s NOT a Ninja 250. My friend Dan (who is in NESBA I) started racing his 125 with USGPRU and he went from running 1:48’s at Thunderbolt to running 1:40’s flat. My friends John and Bob run 1:36-1:34’s in NESBA A group on their 125’s. And the really fast mo-fo’s like Jake Lewis and Nobi Iso? They ran 1:29’s at Thunderbolt during a USGPRU race on their 125’s. If someone can run lap times like that on a Ninja 250 they really should be racing in WSBK or MotoGP.

Next track season I plan on focusing on tuning and gearing and if, God willing, I continue to excel and get faster and I am still in B group in spite of it? Then I get to be King of B group on a 125 :D

BZ