What's up the the trackday store?

geekmug

Nesba;230318 wrote: Just to ensure there is clarity...NESBA has/had NOTHING to do with the TDS business closing
Whether you like it or not, there are people who depended on NESBA that have been hung out to dry by the closing of the MW. You can distance yourself and NESBA from that, but anybody with two cents of common sense knows that folks like Turn One Racing and Trackday Store were depending on NESBAs presence in the MW for exposure and business. Furthermore, they have certainly made trade-offs in the past to support NESBA (who actively advertises their "Trackside Support") to which their loyalty has been repaid by flippant comments like yours.

Keep it classy, Bob.

Meat

geekmug;230369 wrote: Whether you like it or not, there are people who depended on NESBA that have been hung out to dry by the closing of the MW. You can distance yourself and NESBA from that, but anybody with two cents of common sense knows that folks like Turn One Racing and Trackday Store were depending on NESBAs presence in the MW for exposure and business. Furthermore, they have certainly made trade-offs in the past to support NESBA (who actively advertises their "Trackside Support") to which their loyalty has been repaid by flippant comments like yours.

Keep it classy, Bob.
I really don't know anything about the Turn One Racing situation since I am deep in the Southeast but I thought the Track Day Store was given essentially free business from Nesba when TDS has never been a Nesba business. Now, I've got nothing at all against anyone at the TDS or the owner.

I just don't see blaming nesba for the TDS going under. Things were getting sketchy (but still serving the public) last year, which is LONG before nesba cancelled the MidWest region.

I fully understand everyone in the MidWest being upset with nesba ending their support of the region, as I would be bummed if they cancelled the SouthEast, but to blame everything that went wrong in the MidWest on nesba is just piling-on and sensationalism.

gkotlin

Meat;230370 wrote: I fully understand everyone in the MidWest being upset with nesba ending their support of the region, as I would be bummed if they cancelled the SouthEast, but to blame everything that went wrong in the MidWest on nesba is just piling-on and sensationalism.
:rolleyes:

BrokenSafety

Meat;230370 wrote:

I just don't see blaming nesba for the TDS going under. Things were getting sketchy (but still serving the public) last year, which is LONG before nesba cancelled the MidWest region.
Maybe because we are hurt and it's convenient. Regardless of what happened before the announcement or how bad another business was run, this allows others to jump on the wagon and do the MW approved "NESBA BASH 2012!!" It's all Bob's fault.

I'm sure there are plenty of towns bitching on gov't that closed the local base/post/camp or private sector commercial plants/warehouses. They all depended on them to bring in customers and probably catered to the host. Damn the company losing money, they employ 2000 of my neighbors. Once they pulled out, even the shitty companies found this as a "cleaver way" to mask their own failure. Maybe NESBA did the same with the economy and closed the MW. Either way, if more members did events, then more cash.

I dont know about Turn One either. This is a TDS thread. I know plenty of folks that had a difficult time getting TDS on the phone for orders paid well before Oct 2011.

Feel free to quote and debate this post freedom is what we fight for. I give all the "Bashers" the last word. Then when your done, join a club that does days near you, move on and remember the "old days." As long as your riding brothers & sisters.....

noupf

TDS went to hell a long time prior to nesba pulling out of the mid west. I'm not talking weeks here folks, i'm talking 8 months to a year ago.