What does your bike number mean?

jasonhise

My lucky and favorite number has always been "4" and I figured I would use #44 to hopefully always have twice the luck....

dlockhart5x

My pick was a tongue in cheek joke

A porsche 917 over 1000hp (the later 917-30 turbo model, not the blue gulf cars of Le mans movie fame)
my number 917 aprilia cup bike 65? maybe hp

j_fuggin_t

#21. Hmmm... So much can be said about that number. Troy Bayliss, right?? Actually it was from sports when I was younger. It was my number in baseball (back when I though that was cool) and it was my number in football as well. All after my sports idol at the time Deion Sanders. Since then it's stuck.

S3aturnR

with cars i used 68. when i was really young, my best friend raced bmx as #70. for weeks i saved up all my allowance money to buy a set of handlebars, grips and a numberplate for my bicycle and when i got it, it came with 3 numbers; two 8s and a 6 (or 9). i wanted my number to be as close to 70 as possible, so i chose 68. turns out, it was also my birth month and day.

when i signed up for NESBA, i had seen someone at the track with my beloved 68 and figured that there couldn't be more than one, so i chose 420, which is commonly associated with smoking weed (which was one of my brother's favorite passtimes). he passed in 2002 and it reminds me of him because his crazy-ass would be out there with me if he was still around. also, all my bikes have "sported" a rubber ducky sticker because his nickname was ducky. my kids always knew him as "uncle ducky". they never knew his real name (donald) while he was alive.

23802_1303871309907_1024201407_30720909_5455815_n.jpg

s3aturnr

mike27

My favorite hockey player was Jeremy Roenick, he wore #27. So I wore that number when I played hockey, or any other sport. JOZ 27 was my license plate on my R1 when I had it.

gkotlin

My lucky numbers have always been 2, 12 & 13. I started with 112. (my friend took 113) Then when I got a race license, the next best thing was 212. So i ran that number after that. Then Tom Tiernan took 212 for racing, so I went to 12 last year. This year, I got hosed in CCS, so I ended up with 116. What to do next year? I've thought about going to 608. My B-day, June 8th. Then I probably wouldn't have to change numbers so much.

michicago

My bike number is 11, but unlike all those lazy bastids I actually chose it for a reason! :)

I was born at 11:11am, and when numbers were given out in baseball I was given 11. I chose 11 in basketball and had 11 on my dirt bike growing up.

I was also married 11/11 and 11/11/11 will be my 5 year anni.

So, it's a common number, but I couldn't run anything else.

betarace

17 - the length of my penis (in inches), my birthday (17th) and my favorite rider when I was young (DuHamel).

Month and day of my anniversary... Thought it might be a decent tribute to my wife, given the time away from the family playing around at the track. At least when she shows pictures of my hobby to her friends and relatives and they ask about the number, she can smile when she tells them what it means...

PJZOCC624

betarace;159422 wrote: 17 - the length of my penis (in millimeters), my birthday (17th) and my favorite rider when I was young (DuHamel).
Ditto.

Thinking about changing to 624 for my son's birthday for my next bike though.

jfeagin

Mine is both the model name and displacement of the first bike I used for track days. It was basically a naked version of the F3. I really liked that bike so it's sort of mildly sentimental, I suppose. Hadn't thought of using an anniversary date or the like. How does one change one's number should one decide to do so?

betarace

PJZOCC17;159426 wrote: Ditto.

Thinking about changing to 624 for my son's birthday for my next bike though.
please do, you will find that I hold the trademark, copyright and patent on the number 17

92illpony

riding an rc51 so i chose 69 since its actually a number i could use that was used back in its prime riding era.