What Now ?

Ron R

So last weekend was a great time at Barber. So great that I hate the thought of not being on the track until late March. But living in Md it’s basically the end of the track day season. Or is it. I’ve traveled all over the country doing other hobbies so I certainly would be willing to travel for this. So any suggestions out there? Where do the northeast crowd go during the winter to get our track fix?
Thanks

mpusch

Micah
We wait.

But what really happens is that we all whine to each other on Facebook and drive our significant others insane. To get a "fix" I end up just purchasing motorcycle parts every several weeks or so. :D

tdelegram

Control Rider
There’s some ycrs weekends in az and ca you could hit or consider driving south, thier riding season book ends ours due to heat.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
There are a lot of folks in the MD, PA, NJ, DE area that ride dirt on weekends. As Tom stated, there's also YCRS West through March, then the show returns back in here May. You have Sanders' Jennings GP event every year, too. Most of the paddock is N2 peeps.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
If you can get the time off you can go down to Jennings GP in Florida. I did that last January for 3 days, it was fun and warm. However the facilities at are less than desirable. But when you need a fix you are willing to do whatever is necessary.

bmart

Control Rider
I remember being back in New England during what most considered the off season. I rode the street bikes with heated gear (worked until 18F...then it couldn't keep up) and did a lot of bike and car maintenance. The same holds true in NC now, although the temps here make it a lot easier! Every weekend I can, I get out for 100 miles or so on the local roads unless the temps at elevation are good enough for a mountain ride. I'm amazed at how few riders are out in these beautiful temps compared to seemingly tougher (dumper?) riders up north who got out year round.

Starting 12/13 here, the sunset starts a move to later in the day (5:11 to 5:12)!

There's always Jennings, as others have mentioned. I've never bothered as it seemed like a lot of work for a mediocre experience. Save your $ for the places (and tires) you love!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Dirty Bikes and Snowboards........Guy at our local pizza shop said "Jesus, aren't you like 45? I can't do half the shit you do and I'm young." That my friend is the sound of victory!!! .....and a rascal scooter later in life but it will be pip!

2blueyam

Maintenance of the bikes (street and track) keeps me busy. Organizing, cleaning, maintaining, adding something to or removing something from the trailer to make it a bit nicer for next year are all options as well. I will take the occasional street ride when we get a nice weekend day.

CBRtist

It's the time to eat a lot of yummy, calorie-laced, holiday food and drink... Until right before Spring, where you start talking to your best buddy about what strategies you are implementing to lose weight to squeeze into your leathers for track season. Or........ Am I the only one that does this?

Greg ZX6R

It's the time to eat a lot of yummy, calorie-laced, holiday food and drink... Until right before Spring, where you start talking to your best buddy about what strategies you are implementing to lose weight to squeeze into your leathers for track season. Or........ Am I the only one that does this?

This will be the first year that I don't up my weight by about 15+ lbs, as I got tired of digging out of that hole every new year. It just means I have to choose carefully when to hit those 10%+ beers, and only have one bomber instead of two.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
For the past couple years I’ve tried to avoid the bulking up syndrome, and be in shape befor Jennings in Feb.

Greg ZX6R

Greg I am fine with you bulking up if it slows you down.

Since I've only done one track day in the past year and a half and will be dealing with a new bike, tires, etc., I should be good and slow for you. Just don't return my "pass outside of turn ten at Summit Main" favor, if possible.

Ron R

The older I get (56) the harder it is to keep the weight in check. Last fall was my first track day and first time on a sport bike. I realized real quick that a few less pounds would help so last year was the first time ever I lost weight over the winter. Life was easier all the way around. It helped at work and with my other distractions/hobbies.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Ron, we’re the same age, and you got that right. A few years ago I had to strategically manage my sessions in order to just finish days. This past year I rode 7 straight sessions in the heat at NJMP. All because I dropped some weight and stayed disciplined in my workouts.