Wheel Change Tool!

z064life

Joe Vital;293534 wrote: actuall corvette driver, one can remove the front wheel with an OEM set-up without removing the calipers.
i'd tell you how, but i'm bored with this subject now.

carry on.

-joe
perhaps on some bikes but not all. I've got $100 that says you can't remove an 09+ R1 front where fully stock, without removing the calipers or fender. No modifications can be made to the fender to allow you to rotate the calipers outwards are allowed.

Willing to take that bet?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Joe Vital;293534 wrote: actuall corvette driver, one can remove the front wheel with an OEM set-up without removing the calipers.

carry on.

-joe
You get bored quickly, LOL. Wazzup!

Joe Vital

HondaGalToo;293538 wrote: You get bored quickly, LOL. Wazzup!
hey Judy. how's tricks? you riding? i'm thinking maybe if/when NESBA has a spring date at Summit Main i'll come out.

-joe

Joe Vital

z064life;293535 wrote: perhaps on some bikes but not all. I've got $100 that says you can't remove an 09+ R1 front where fully stock, without removing the calipers or fender. No modifications can be made to the fender to allow you to rotate the calipers outwards are allowed.

Willing to take that bet?
that is a stupid bet.

-joe

TurboBlew

carry on.

-joe
Well you cant cast bait like that and not give us an exception to the rule. Like I said... cant think of a sport bike in the past 15 years where the calipers didnt need to be removed for a wheel/tire change?

Joe Vital

ask the corvette driver. he's got it figured out. which is why his bet was stupid.

if you have some imagination and the tools go out to your garage and figure it out. you might learn something you don't already know about your bike.

it was not meant as bait or trolling. i like talking about motorcycles.

z064life

Joe Vital;293585 wrote: ask the corvette driver. he's got it figured out. which is why his bet was stupid.

if you have some imagination and the tools go out to your garage and figure it out. you might learn something you don't already know about your bike.

it was not meant as bait or trolling. i like talking about motorcycles.
My bet was stupid? I suppose you have an R1 of the model year I stated. the calipers are closer together than the wheel is wide; therefore, the calipers need to be rotated outwards (physics and all). The issue is without modifying the front fender, you aren't rotating the calipers outwards as is required.

There are no special tools that will magically make you not need to rotate the calipers and that makes a fender "bendable" by that amount without modifications.

I'd love to be proven wrong with this though...

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
You're changing your argument. You said that it is impossible without REMOVING the calipers. Now you're saying it is possible if you turn the calipers while attached to the fork lowers (which is true of all bikes btw). Modifying the fastening points of the front fender is required to remove the front wheel without removing the calipers.

So yes, your bet IS stupid. Joe is right.

z064life

ninjamansc;293592 wrote: You're changing your argument. You said that it is impossible without REMOVING the calipers. Now you're saying it is possible if you turn the calipers while attached to the fork lowers (which is true of all bikes btw). Modifying the fastening points of the front fender is required to remove the front wheel without removing the calipers.

So yes, your bet IS stupid. Joe is right.
You must have missed the fully stock part of my post...

Meat

Z06: "Aviz clearly said unless he is pulling some endurance trickery.....and he isn't for $30. Noone doubts that front wheels can be changed without removing calipers with the correct setup...but not an OEM setup"

Joe: "actuall corvette driver, one can remove the front wheel with an OEM set-up without removing the calipers."

This was the original. Later, when you made the bet, you added 'fender' to the argument.

I don't have any vested interest in this discussion, as I have a quick change front and rear on my R6, but I didn't want the target you two were pissing at to change mid-stream.

z064life

Meat;293595 wrote: Z06: "Aviz clearly said unless he is pulling some endurance trickery.....and he isn't for $30. Noone doubts that front wheels can be changed without removing calipers with the correct setup...but not an OEM setup"

Joe: "actuall corvette driver, one can remove the front wheel with an OEM set-up without removing the calipers."

This was the original. Later, when you made the bet, you added 'fender' to the argument.

I don't have any vested interest in this discussion, as I have a quick change front and rear on my R6, but I didn't want the target you two were pissing at to change mid-stream.
Fair enough, but OEM setup is everything. If we are talking oem wheels and calipers and the ability to modify anything else then sure it's possible but that's where endurance trickery comes in.

Ruhe52

how about the spammer figure out a way to wet our panties by showing a little demo. For $30 if it works I'll take 50. As I could recoup the money I have in 2 bikes with QC set ups and then some. Beyond this let this thread die the death it was destined to.