Where to buy 110 octane

buellerchris

Hello everyone I just bought a track bike and it is mapped for 110 octane. I live near Altoona pa. Where can I buy 110 octane? Are you able to buy it at Beaverun during track days? Has anyone bought some off line and had it shipped to your house?
Thanks-chris

PJZOCC624

Check your local speed shop or even dealerships. I've got a shop nearby who specialize in drag cars, and they carry a few different kinds.

slowpoke

BeaveRun sells 93, 100, 110, and 112. NJMP has the same available onsite. I know Summit Main sells high octane but not positve if they have 110.

buellerchris

Thanks thats good to know. I just found out yesterday that about 20 min from my place there is a guy that sells cam 2 fuel. He is located in claysburg, pa. My bike is mapped for cam 2 or sunoco 110. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two or is it just two different brand names?

Landshark

Control Rider
If you have a bike that requires 110 and you are just doing track days then you need to consider either getting a different engine or undoing what was done to this one. At $70 bucks per tank and possibly 2 tanks per day your fuel costs will rival the track costs. Add tires and other incidentals and it becomes outrageous for a 2 or 3 day event.
Maybe you can afford it. To me a bike that is trouble free is going to be more enjoyable.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Landshark;135278 wrote: If you have a bike that requires 110 and you are just doing track days then you need to consider either getting a different engine or undoing what was done to this one. At $70 bucks per tank and possibly 2 tanks per day your fuel costs will rival the track costs. Add tires and other incidentals and it becomes outrageous for a 2 or 3 day event.
Maybe you can afford it. To me a bike that is trouble free is going to be more enjoyable.
I was thinking along the same line...you said it was mapped to 110. Powercommander map the only thing done to achieve that? If so, it may be worth a trip to a reputable dyno shop to have it remapped to pump gas. That's what my cheap ass would do. My gixxer runs on regular 87. :)

Blinky

I would buy the map switch if it is from dyno jet and get the second mapped for pump gas so you can switch off without getting rid of the 110 map.

buellerchris

its a buell 984cc (xb9r) that is bore and stroked to 1169cc with 643 cams running 13:1 comp. I bought the bike from a guy that races CCS. He had bought it from walt sipp. The bike has some 1st production race parts on it from buell racing because the bike belonged to walt sipp who raced for buell so I dont want to touch it. I dont care about the cost of fuel. I think of it as you got to pay to play. This is for fun. It is a little much for what I'm going to do with it but the price I got it for I couldn't pass it up. Plus I'm a big buell guy and thought the background on the bike was just to cool.

So back to my question. Does anyone know the difference between cam 2 fuel and sunoco 110? Is it just different brand names?

DSC00354.jpg

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Cam 2 is a Sunoco fuel that is 100 octane and has lead in it. Sunoco 110 is the octane and is unleaded.

Pakman

Nice looking bike man, too bad you dont live in louisville, Ky. We've got a gas station that has 110 at the pump for $6.78 a gallon! I love it, they just had it installed about a month ago.

alphamale

Unless you have had engine work to make more compression, 110 octane fuel will make less power than pump gas in most modern sportbikes. Octane rating is only about a fuel's tendency to combust under pressure ( I.e. Before the combustion stroke).

If your engine can handle 87 octane you are basically flushing money down the drain with 110 octane

(edit: for those reading this without engine work)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Nice bike! Yeah, sounds like more than just a map. Good luck finding the 110, as mentioned, some tracks do sell it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Fastguy;135388 wrote: Are you sure? :notsure:
Yup, says so in the manual:rtfm: Been running it on 87 since I bought it, no issues, no pinging. I had the powercommander map made on 87 as well.

Fastguy

HondaGalToo;135389 wrote: Yup, says so in the manual:rtfm: Been running it on 87 since I bought it, no issues, no pinging. I had the powercommander map made on 87 as well.
On the track it seems as though your running 110 octane :eek: You know I always try to keep you in sight when riding.

buellerchris

Thank you for helping me with the difference between the two fuels. I'm just happy I dont have to order it online and have it shipped! It is a cool bike with a neat history, well atleast I think so being a big buell guy. Everyone will see it on July 10th at Beaverun.

Thanks-Chris

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
buellerchris;135391 wrote: Thank you for helping me with the difference between the two fuels. I'm just happy I dont have to order it online and have it shipped! It is a cool bike with a neat history, well atleast I think so being a big buell guy. Everyone will see it on July 10th at Beaverun.

Thanks-Chris
See you there. I love the smell of race gas in the morning, LOL!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Fastguy;135390 wrote: On the track it seems as though your running 110 octane :eek: You know I always try to keep you in sight when riding.
Hahaha. Might be the beans I ate?:dunno: :D

You coming out to the Beave in July?

Fastguy

I'll be at Summit on the 5th and I'm trying to squeeze out that day on the 19th at NJMP. I don't like driving over 2 hours to a track anymore.